[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my cat died recently. How do I get over it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So my cat died recently. How do I get over it?
>>
cry. mope around. eat comfort food. cry some more.
Time will heal it, but crying during will make you feel a little bit better
>>
>>16504864
I love calicoes. My cat is a calico. Sorry for your loss OP.
>>
Like all wounds, it takes time to heal. Sorry OP, I love cats too.
>>
>>16504864
Mine passed 3 weeks ago. He was 19. I cried a lot, said prayers for him. I had two dreams about him and it made me feel a little better.
I know he is in heaven, so is yours. And we all see each other again.
>>
>>16504864

>I know he is in heaven, so is yours. And we all see each other again.

If you believe in heaven then you believe in the bible, which you know clearly says animals have no souls so..... no.

>How do I get over it?

Get another cat.
>>
>>16504925
>animals have no souls so

You are wrong and delusional. The breath of life in man is the same as in any living creature. The difference between the two is certain awareness.

Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?"

Ecclesiastes 12:7
"And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

There are many other quotes that show man and animal have a soul.
>>
File: 3475273062305.jpg (9KB, 280x157px) Image search: [Google]
3475273062305.jpg
9KB, 280x157px
>>16504870
>cry some more
>>
Why people care so much about cats? they are boring and indifferent towards people, get a dog and enjoy a true friendship.
>>
Time, and eventually another pet.
>>
>>16504925
Animals do have souls though. They're slower, but they can adapt to the environment as humans, too. It really takes a thinking mind to come to that conclusion. And that's why I think atheists are really retarded.
>>
>>16505110
Some cats are pretty cool. My cat acts like a little dog. He follows me around everywhere. If I let him outside he follows me around. Meows a lot, which is akin to barking. He constantly needs physical and visual attention.

Just like most animals they can sense feelings. I've had assholes cats though that are stand offish. You can have a good relationship with almost any animal.
>>
>>16505110
Dog lovers who say this disappoint me, because it's clear that they're speaking from the position of a person who had never given cats a chance or really gotten to know one. All of the cats who I've ever had have been very affectionate and playful. My current cat waits at the door for me to come home, and will "respond" when I talk to her.

Obviously all cats have different personalities, and not all of them are interactive and cuddly, but saying that they are, in general, not "real companions" is just ignorant. It's like if I told you not to get a dog because they're all stupid, rambunctious, loud, and disrespecting of personal space. Yes, some dogs are like that, but not all of them.
>>
>>16504925
Believing in heaven does not equate to believing in the bible
>>
Mine passed just over a year ago. She was 16, I had her since I was 7. She died in my arms and we couldn't take her to the vet to put her down because we didn't have enough money.
It was really hard. I was happy to be with her in the end but watching her die unmedicated gave me some PTSD-like symptoms for a while.
With time it got better. Throwing yourself into work and spending time with family/friends/other pets you might have.
Eventually the feelings will fade and only resurface when you see something that reminds you of them.
Sometimes you still get flare-ups but it'll get easier to talk about the positives of their life without getting depressed.
>>
>>16505224
Taking her to the vet would have stressed her out even more than dying naturally with her owner. At least she died comfortably with you, not scared at the vet.
>>
>>16505110
I guess a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua also have the same personality? Every cat is different.
>>
File: 1379409270628.jpg (105KB, 349x414px) Image search: [Google]
1379409270628.jpg
105KB, 349x414px
>>16504946

>You are wrong and delusional

Says the person who just quoted the Bible?
>>
File: 1395443183967.jpg (42KB, 356x437px) Image search: [Google]
1395443183967.jpg
42KB, 356x437px
>>16505127

>Animals do have souls though. They're slower, but they can adapt to the environment as humans, too. It really takes a thinking mind to come to that conclusion

lol. ok.
>>
You don't. If really you loved your cat, you never get over it and that's okay with you. You'll learn to cope and to function and how to find pieces of joy and happiness in other parts of your life, but you don't really want the pain to all go away because it's how you know you will always remember him/her.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.