[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go about purging all emotions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: star-trek-spock1.jpg (36KB, 391x353px) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-spock1.jpg
36KB, 391x353px
Would it be possible?
>>
it's possible, but only if you manage to not care about anything

as long as you care about things in your life you will have emotions
>>
become a vulcan
>>
>>16504604
So a better question would be how can I suppress all my emotions?
>>16504606
That would be tight
>>
>>16504611
you can't, unless you induce a hormone imbalance somehow.

which would impair your judgement and might end up worse.
>>
>>16504614
In what ways would it impair my judgement?
>>
Don't. Seriously. I've been there, and I understand the appeal. But it doesn't work that way.

Here's the problem: your positive emotions are the first to go, then the neutral ones. Theoretically the negative ones would come last, but there's a problem: somewhere in the middle of the neutrals, your discipline and drive go. And once those go, you are stuck. You can't go forward, and you can't go back, and your positive emotions are gone but your negative emotions are all still in place. Getting out takes years, even with professional help.

I know why you're doing this. I understand; I really do. But DON'T GO THERE.
>>
Why would you want to get rid of your emotions?
>>
>>16504601
Without emotions one becomes a sociopath.
>>
>>16504629
That makes a lot of sense. That would be a major problem. How would I keep my drive long enough for me to get to me negative emotions?
Despite all you've said I feel like it's equally difficult to get rid of your positive emotions.
Although positive emotions aren't nearly as debilitating as negative emotions and you can usually still think pretty clearly.
>>16504645
So I can think clearly without any emotional bias.
>>
>>16504647
Yes, but I believe that being good is more logical than being bad. If you are good you make less enemies and people are more willing to help you when you need it. If you are evil you make tons of enemies and attract danger.
>>
Theres a spot in your brain that controls emotions, so essentially managing to kill that spot and live through it would kill your emotions\

however you dont have the lab/surgical instruments nor the staff/money to pay them to do the operation

i recommend a good source of Nihlism and jadedness
>>
>>16504648
and what makes you think getting rid of emotions will help you achieve this?
>>
>>16504662
If you care about others feelings and views of you than those are emotions. Emotionless is not giving a shit about anything or anyone. Chaotic Neutral.
>>
>>16504670
Because without emotions I won't have an emotional bias and I'll see things for what they are 100% of the time.
>>16504671
That's not caring that's just common sense. If you keep a good relationship with people the more likely you are to stay alive. I guess my only emotions left would be self preservation ones.
>>
>>16504684
>I'll see things for what they are 100% of the time.

Why not just take everything at face value then?

it's easier and doesn't kill you in the process.
>>
>>16504684
>If you keep a good relationship with people

Part of emotions if how you view relationships with others. You might be looking for another word.

>I guess my only emotions left
Again, emotionless is lacking emotions.
>>
>>16504693
>>16504691
Good points.
Closing thread.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.