[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2014-05-29-23h58m11s226.png (436KB, 718x537px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-05-29-23h58m11s226.png
436KB, 718x537px
"Hey are you guys hiring?"
"Yeah! Do you need an application?"
"Yes."
"Here. Fill this out and come talk to the manager."
20 minutes later"I filled it out."
"Let me get the manager."

A. "Alright. So you're basically a clean slate I see. OK what are some of your feats?

"Nothing really. I have little to no exp and I need someone to give me a chance."

"If I gave you a job here, could I count on you to be here on time, dressed, cleaned up and ready to go? And you're over 18. That's good."

"Yes sir/ma'am"

"I'll give you a call. Is this a good number to reach you?"

"Anytime"

B. I'm sorry, but we are not hiring at this time, however we will keep your application on file for the time being for the next 6 months if something comes up."

"Thanks..."

later on ..."Yes. I was wondering about my interview and how I did if there was anything I didn't do right..."

"No, you did great, it's your lack of exp with jobs. We need someone that has already gained the exp to do what we want."

"Oh..."

"Sorry. Best of luck to you!"

OK so explain to me, how the hell I'm suppose to get fucking hired ANYWHERE if every god damn job is the same? If every god damn job wants B more than A? Why? WHY? I don't fucking get it."
>>
>>16501303
You gotta get a shitty job first brah, like at a grocery store or some shit.
>>
Just got a job at Panera. Never worked a day in my life
>>
Volunteer work or do a course you stupid fuck. Is it really that hard?
>>
Volunteer work or extra-curricular shit you did in school helps.

If you've done absolutely nothing with your life so far, obviously people aren't going to want you to learn how to handle your first step into the working world unless if it's some shit tier job that will hire literally anyone. Try flipping burgers before you go get a 'real' job.
>>
>>16501439
>>16501333

that is fucking stupid
>>16501303
but so is this OP for formatting his post this badly
>>
OP half the battle of getting a job is networking. Ask your friends and family for possible open positions, and get a good referral.
>>
File: 1447356910852.jpg (228KB, 1200x892px) Image search: [Google]
1447356910852.jpg
228KB, 1200x892px
>>16501439
Not OP, but I was in JROTC in high school, would this count?
>>
>>16501303
>What are your feats
>Nothing really

Thats it right there. You need to answer the question. If you are unable to answer simple questions about yourself, it raises concerns that you can think on your feet, which is required in any job.

You have SOMETHING you could talk about. Some popular topics for HS students:
>I babysit
>I do _____ activity while maintaining good grades
>I volunteer
>I help out with HS sports games, volunteering doing concessions
>I take care of my ailing Grandma
>My parents work a lot, so I maintain and manage the house

I'm interviewing for an entry level job and I can't believe that people can't answer these soft ball questions. One of my questions is basically "What are your skills/What are your qualities that make you a good candidate?" and I get teenagers all the time that panic and just say "nothing" or "i don't know". If you can't articulate one good thing about yourself, it shows a lack of trying and a lack of maturity.
>>
>>16501439

Its not really about training people. Almost every job understands that training is required and will train the right candidate. Not being able to answer interview questions is concerning, because it raises questions about how you will represent the company when not under direct supervision. It makes me think the person is not resourceful, and will get stumped easily on the job. No one minds training someone; nobody wants to have to babysit an employee all the time.
>>
The art of bullshit. It gets you far in the application process.
>>
talk to anyone you know. dad, mom, siblings. ask them to help you.

getting a job on your own is a fucking waste of effort.
>>
>>16501303
>OK so explain to me, how the hell I'm suppose to get fucking hired ANYWHERE if every god damn job is the same? If every god damn job wants B more than A? Why? WHY? I don't fucking get it."

Construction. If you have 2 working arms 2 working legs, and can show up and bust ass for 8-12 hours you will be hired if you don't seem like a piece of shit. Bonus points if you can pass a wizz quizz and don't have any felonies.

You will be the bitch, but you learn as you work. It is not easy money, but you will make more than in retail or food service.
>>
>>16501728

>assuming OP is HS student
>assuming he does things
C'mon normie
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.