[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bf was molested earlier, how to approach this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: molestation_0_0_0_0_0_2_0.jpg (60KB, 620x376px) Image search: [Google]
molestation_0_0_0_0_0_2_0.jpg
60KB, 620x376px
My boyfriend was molested by his stepfather and his sisters as a child.
How do I talk to him about this?
Tips and advice on what to say and how to handle it?
>>
>>16500209
Good on him keeping it in the family
>>
>>16500209
has any legal action been taken?

also, take him to shrink so he doesn't flip some day and rape his kids should he have any
no offense.
>>
>>16500209
i am talking out of experience here, just ask him if it still bothers him. ask him if it makes him feel insecure and such things. if you have problems in bed, this might be the cause you know?
>>
>>16500534
Yes, he had like six years of court appeals and stuff with the sentencing. His stepfather got four years in prison, the sisters were also underaged but older so no legal action was taken.
>>
>>16500642
wow that's horrible. :-(
has he seen anybody?
>>
>>16500534
>also, take him to shrink so he doesn't flip some day and rape his kids
It's completely callous of you to jump to such a conclusion and of all the ways you could have worded your concern that was probably the worst.

OP I've got a few questions. How did you learn about it? What kind of guy is your boyfriend? Do you feel that it's something that affects him?
>>
>>16500667
>It's completely callous of you to jump to such a conclusion

They could've worded it better I suppose but it's a fact that a large percentage of kiddie diddlers were sexually abused themselves as a child.
>>
Why do you have to talk to him? Let him bring it up and when he does, listen. Thats it. I speak from experience. Talking brings back memories that he may or may not be ready for. Let him pick the time. If anything, twll him aometime you are talking deeply that you are here, unjudging if he wants to ever talk about it, then drop it abd let him bring it back up.
>>
Tell him to stop being a punk ass bitch
>>
>>16501497
I'd feel pretty shitty if my significant other found out about my being molested and just ignored the issue. Some people want to be approached on a subject first. It makes them feel like they matter. And others will say it themselves when they are comfortable. Others may never say anything.

Everyone is different anon.
>>
>My boyfriend was molested by his sisters as a child.

Lucky.

In all honesty, the psychologically most damaging part about this is that society tells him it's a horrible thing, tells him that he should feel horrible about it, tells him he should mimic rape victims on CSI Miami, and basically tells him how he should feel about it, rather than how he actually naturally feels about it.

If he grew up in a society where this was normal, for example in Polynesia hundreds of years ago, he would think nothing of it. The most damaging thing is people like you thinking and telling him that he has to feel "damaged" by it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.