[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sick of living in a bullshit world, but not suicidal at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: 1435119938625.jpg (758KB, 858x1743px) Image search: [Google]
1435119938625.jpg
758KB, 858x1743px
It seems like there isn't any place for me. Every one of my interests is some marginal thing that hardly anyone cares about. If I express an honest opinion, it's rarely wanted. My presence is really only desirable to those who can use me, like a tool in a garage. Everywhere I look, the world seems filled with bullshit. I believe I am thoughtful, intelligent, and capable of many things-- however, I seem to be the wrong "shape" and can rarely find a way to fit in. I do not suffer a lack of confidence, and I'm not suicidal, though I've realized over the years that much effort goes into making this an attractive option for me and for any other people like me. It's like-- the world wants to just be this one version of people-- "money/happy/bullshit" and I'm obviously not built for that sort of thing. I'm naturally something else. And I've got to scrape through this shit world day after day, miserable, like Andre the Giant in a Prius. There's nothing wrong with the Prius, but if you fail to offer Andre the Giant anything else to travel in, it's going to suck for Andre the Fucking Giant, right? Yet, like some kind of very agreeable Andre the Giant, I keep getting in the Prius and keeping my eyes open for something better. I've been looking for nearly 40 years, and frankly, I'm tired as a motherfucker. What should I do? Where do I go? Why does everything suck so goddamn bad?
>>
File: 1369687108750.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1369687108750.png
72KB, 250x272px
>Subnormality image
>Thread title

Your problems aren't unique or complex. You'll figure out that all you needed to do was grow up a little. Stop dwelling on your past/family/friends.
>>
I'm over 40, asshole. I'm not some adolescent snowflake.
>>
Then stop behaving like one. Your life has been all "about you" for too damn long. Shouldn't take you 40+ years to realize that it's not.
>>
>>16495156
No, you're an adolescent snowflake. Doesn't matter how old you are.
If you've been alive for 40 years and haven't figured this shit out you're not better than a 16 year old.
>>
>>16495156
>Over 40
So what have you done with your life anon?
>>
And what went wrong?
>>
>the world wants to just be this one version of people-- "money/happy/bullshit"

So what puzzle wrapped in an enigma are you, anon?
Pony/filthy apartment/government checks?
>>
File: vcfr3iS.jpg (268KB, 615x1099px) Image search: [Google]
vcfr3iS.jpg
268KB, 615x1099px
>>16495196

Raised two kids, and in general, attempted to leave things better than I found them. Tried sincerely to be a good person. Time and again, found myself basically told to fuck off. Even on 4chan, it's just "fuck off".
>>
Is your name Terry? You sound like a Terry to me, and don't worry if you're not. You're not alone, and there will always be people like you. Just don't go shooting up your old school.
>>
>>16495213
Adopt the fuck off theory, realize and accept that life and people are shit. Do what makes you happy.
>>
File: 1434606711817-4.jpg (97KB, 540x753px) Image search: [Google]
1434606711817-4.jpg
97KB, 540x753px
>>16495243
Nope, not Terry. And also, no. I'm pretty purposeful about not owning a gun. Too many reasons in a day to use the thing. If I'm not alone, where is everyone? The internet was supposed to bring us together. Instead, everythings gone to shit.
>>
Yes there aren't that many people similar to you. Yeah that's not good, but I mean there is literally absolute nothing you can do about it, besides changing yourself( which I doubt you can / want to do). I'd honestly stop dwelling on it. You're 40, you've lived long enough and apparently had children, so clearly you're able to live for a relatively prolonged period of time with this 'difference'. Whether or not its all in your head, its your head that makes it weigh down upon you.

Don't stress on it, and keep living.
>>
File: tumblr_nk939e0Nal1rsdpaso1_400.gif (1MB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk939e0Nal1rsdpaso1_400.gif
1MB, 400x550px
>>16495253
I find that its not a sustainable way to live. It's like crawling everywhere. I suppose you can do it, but it gets old.
>>
>>16495259

I jack off to drawings of little Japanese girls. Isn't that terrible? I still found people who share my passion. I found these people because I focused on the things I like, not the things I hate. We still don't know what the fuck kind of subculture you're trying to find, because you're currently hitting 0/100 on the hobbies-to-bitching ratio.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis

If you can watch it from start to finish. Hope it helps.
>>
>>16495156
>Over 40
What was the 70s and 80s like?
>>
>>16495213
Fuck off
>>
>>16495278
Meant for OP. If you're in your 40s then it's even more relevant and you probably will have a decent attention span to take it in.
>>
Man, imagine being married to this navel gazer and raising 2 kids while being married to him.

His wife should get a medal of honor
>>
So, Andre, tell us about your dream car.
>>
>>16495298

I imagine that 110% negative people like OP are the ones who impregnate the women who scoot around in Walmart.
>>
File: 8MJH7i8.gif (278KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
8MJH7i8.gif
278KB, 460x460px
>>16495282
Like now, but all the bullshit happened in person.
>>
File: 1434687464611-0.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1434687464611-0.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>16495269
I suppose I'd just like to meet folks who aren't upset about genuinely different opinions. Folks who don't get bent out of shape about someone being "negative" or whatever-- its just an angle of looking at things. I'd like to see more people willing to genuinely be cooperative, not looking for what they're immediately getting out of things. People capable of moving beyond pretty much everything you see taken for granted. Remember that video from some years ago, where the angry Japanese guy is delivering his speech for mayor or whatever? And he kept saying "everything must be scrapped! Not a single thing is of value." That's kind of where I'm at. But that doesn't mean I just want to destroy-- I'd love to build something better. But it can't be done alone.
>>
>>16495366
Sounds like you're an idealist brah. Find other people who share a similar vision. It may take some doing.

One way is to become an artist, use your art to express your truth, and publicly market it so you gain like minded followers and collaborators.

Just remember, no ones going to realize your ideal for you, since theyre probably focused on their own.
>>
>>16495351
>>16495351
No really, I happen to be a fan of both. I actuallu envy you.
>>
File: rsz_h621_9_48.jpg (267KB, 414x621px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_h621_9_48.jpg
267KB, 414x621px
>>16495388
Ha, no it was awful. 70s was like-- amazingly fake. Like Kardashians, but with crystals and spirituality. I miss all the brown cars, though. I don't see those much anymore. I mean, not ALL of them, but just the option of it. Colors are weird. The 80s was some shit. Satanic panic, anyone? If I miss anything from the 80s, its probably how excited I was about personal computers. That shit was going to change everything-- but it didn't, not really. It just made the shit slicker. Oh, and maybe Omni magazine. I liked Omni magazine a lot.
>>
>>16495420
No decade was magical but I still envy you. I like the style of the 80s. Call me a fag but im into that new wave music and neon shit.
>>
>>16495144

I think you can see that the common thread among all replies to your post is that we all feel your situation is largely your own doing. This is not a coincidence, OP.

People treat you like shit. Who taught them to treat you like shit?

You keep waiting for something good to happen on its own. When have good things ever happened on their own?

Somewhere along the line you got lazy, OP. You got lazy, and you started letting life drive you instead of the other way around.

Now that you've identified that it's shit, you don't know how to take action. You're waiting for someone to come along and fix things. Well you're the only someone that could fix this, OP. Get off your ass and get to it.
>>
Looks like you've let the "money/happy/bullshit" aspect overtake you.

I mean, even your analogy points to it. Sure, Andre the Giant might be pissed he paid for what he thought would be the new future, cutting edge Prius four years ago but now that he sees the $80,000 Audis and Escalades on the streets it fills him with a burning envy, right?

It's no one's fault you take credence in money as in attainment to happiness which seems to be an aspect with you.

There's another Andre the Giant out there who's happy as hell his cousin gifted him his beat to hell, hand me down 1997 Honda Accord because he's been hoofing it work for the past 8 months. He's going to have to lean in it a bit, but it never crosses his mind.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.