[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend Might Be Moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: WfjRt0x.jpg (68KB, 587x960px) Image search: [Google]
WfjRt0x.jpg
68KB, 587x960px
Hey guys, I know this is an oft treaded topic - but I'm torn with how I feel right now.

I don't often get emotional, or let them show when they're there - but my girlfriend is going to be moving very far away, for the foreseeable future, if the job market ends up being a certain way. It's had me depressed for a couple of days now, because even though I'm very independent (Car, Motorbike, tons of extra income which could afford me a rental place - and a house in a year if I continue to save) and told myself that I wouldn't mourn her 'passing', it's eating me up. It's not a guarantee, but I've never had to potentially deal with this sort of pain. I've been with lots of girls and not cared one bit, but she's been different for the almost 2 years we've been together.

I don't really know what I'm expecting, aside from "The pain will pass." but if there's any sort of advice you guys can give that might help me cope with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, guys.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with you

if youre so rich why dont you just go with her
>>
>>16494649
Being rich =/= being able to drop everything and leave at a whim.

But OP there's not much to say apart from make sure it ends on a happy note, and don't burn any bridges. Leave it on a "We shall see each other again" note. I wouldn't suggest a LDR, just be grown ups and realise your paths separate from here. Hide the pain, and mourn when she's gone.
>>
>>16494665
That's being work hard rich and not actual wealth.
>>
>>16494643
Honestly just be happy it didn't go any longer than 2 years. I recently broke up with my gf of 5 years and it fucking sucks. I have no problem hooking up with/ finding other people but honestly nobody really feels the same, i still feel lonely. We still live close to each other but we just weren't happy with where we were in our relationship. It sucks really bad. Its kind of like losing part of yourself. I am 2 months out and still depressed. So hopefully you will do better than i am
>>
>>16494669
your posts always suck :|
>>
You write like an admin for a furry literature forum. Stop that.
>>
File: QY8z9lg.jpg (112KB, 756x960px) Image search: [Google]
QY8z9lg.jpg
112KB, 756x960px
>>16494649
I'm making good money, but I can't up and leave before I've made said money. The work is here for me, and it wouldn't be wise to uproot everything just for a girl.

>>16494665
Yeah, pleasant (if it happens - hoping it doesn't) is what I'm aiming for. As for the bridge burning, in that case I wouldn't mind seeing her again but there's no way I could handle it if she were to be with somebody else in the mean time. I'm not clingy/overbearing/nosy in our relationship as I fully trust her, but I couldn't put up with her having any other partners in our away time - even though I realize she's absolutely entitled to be happy and not lonely wherever she goes. She knows my stance on this.

Simply, the thought of her being with somebody else (past partners I've come to accept, because there's no changing it and she didn't know me at the time) disgusts me on a deep level, and I wouldn't be able to take her back without feeling a disgust at the back of my mind knowing somebody else had enjoyed her like I have. It's a double standard in that I could do it and get back with her, but if she did it - I couldn't overlook it. Regardless, I can't change my mind about that.

>>16494669
Money is coming at me hand over fist in the next couple of years, and I've got plans for investments/business related stuff. Looking to really make the most out of my dollar, retire early if I'm lucky.

>>16494685
That's kind of what I'm worried about, but I realize it's a common fear that others won't be "the same" until one day you meet someone and they ease all the doubts you had. I'm going to do my best to cope, and focus all my energy towards self improvement like I've done in the past (worked well). Going to hope for the best; get well yourself, dude.

>>16494699
What? Thanks for the free bump, but I've nothing to do with furries.
>>
Just remember: LDRs are a myth, one of the parts always cheats (often the woman). It's over as soon as she moves.
>>
>>16494728
Yeah. She'd be moving away for career stuff, so it's not short term, and the distance is like 1000's of KM. No LDR going to happen.
>>
>>16494706
>It's a double standard in that I could do it and get back with her, but if she did it - I couldn't overlook it. Regardless, I can't change my mind about that.
That's a dumb way to look at things. "I recognize the double standard, but I like it anyway." The lesson you should be taking away from this insight is that you should maybe work on your fragile ego. Maybe after a few years you'll both be better, newer people and getting back together won't sound so bad after all.

>What? Thanks for the free bump, but I've nothing to do with furries.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=purple+prose
>>
>>16494755
It's not a fragile ego. The thought of my current girlfriend being with somebody else, and then me taking her back, disgusts me. I don't give a fuck about past partners, nor do I think she oughta wait for me either - but I wouldn't take her back after that. I simply couldn't.
>>
>>16494858
>I don't give a fuck about past partners
But you do. You reasoned yourself away from the thought because you didn't know each other, but you've honestly lost a chubby at the thought of her kissing her first boyfriend. There really is no explanation for this double standard other than a frail ego.
>>
Thanks for your responses everybody. Felt good to vent a little bit!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.