[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain confidence to me? As far as I can tell it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20150921_011029.jpg (953KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150921_011029.jpg
953KB, 2448x3264px
Can someone explain confidence to me? As far as I can tell it is a myth. Confidence is just being stubborn/thinking you are right no matter what. I don't see anything wrong with alternative ways of thinking or thinking "I might be wrong about this" yet if you say this, people will say "just be confident"

There have been times where I was "confident" and truly believed things would work and they didn't. And vice versa. I don't understand how some people can stay determined or confident when to me it seems completely random. I have achieved things when I was sure they would fail. I can't delude myself long enough to believe my confidence is anything other than lost hope.
>>
>>16479900
False hope *
>>
>>16479900
>Confidence is just being stubborn/thinking you are right no matter what
That's arrogance.
Confidence is feeling comfortable in any situation that life presents to you.
The opposite is insecurity.
>>
>>16479900
I don't know how to explain in OP but it's kind of just being sure of yourself and being comfortable with who you are. It takes some time to get to that point but I'm working my way towards it.
>>
>>16479912
How do people go into a situation being "certain" about something

I feel like confidence is just a temporary notion. Whenever people talk about confidence they make it seem like something that doesn't go away easily.

For me sometimes I will be confident about something but I still think its possible I fail. Other times I think I will fail even if I'm not afraid to try it. My predictions of failure aren't insecurity though, just being honest. I get insecure about things and its a completely different thing
>>
>"confident" and truly believed things would work and they didn't
So you acted overconfident. That doesn't mean you have no confidence. It just means you were too confident.
>>
>>16479933
its about faith in yourself, not certainty of anything, ignore the other douche
>>
>>16479900
What people usually mean when they say confidence is the combination of enough apathy to not be bothered by insecurity, and enough information to make a reasonable guess.
>>
>>16479933
>sometimes I will be confident about something but I still think its possible I fail.
You can be confident that you're not confident. "I'm confident that it's a possibility I will fail." Confidence is like seeing reality as it as and accepting that.

Arrogance is assuming that in every situation you are right or are the most badass. Arrogance is assuming that every situation will flow with no problems and life will be a breeze. Just accept what you are, what you can do at the moment, and what you can't do at the moment.
>>
I guess my problem is with certainty then?
>>
Honestly the solution is do things without subconsciously thinking about it.

I'm learning French, the minute I try to do perfect pronunciation to impress either a friend or a class mate or a teacher it all goes the shit. If I just the shoot the shit with people I know it goes so smooth and fluidly. Once you have the confidence you don't stop back and think every step. The big is thing is that there will always be another Job Interview, First date, kiss, time with a girl on the couch. You can dwell on your failures afterwards .

just don't think about what you are doing and will work out it. Most importantly have fun.
>>
>>16479900

confidence is often faked. due to that, the true definition of confidence is simply 'social bravery'. it is the idea that even if something goes wrong, its not really going to kill you. freaking out about whether ot not a girl is going to reject you for instance, is really stupid. it means nothing. she is not the judge, jury, or executioner. shes the girl you are hitting on. if she doesn't want to date you, its a mismatch, not a failure.

thats how most confident people operate, that even if it goes wrong it doesnt really matter.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.