[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lonely (don't care though)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: yellow-neutral-face-md.png (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yellow-neutral-face-md.png
16KB, 300x300px
So I'm not sure exactly how to word this, but I'll try my best. I personally believe that you shouldn't change for others, others shouldn't be expected to change for you either of course; people with similar interests would naturally bond I assume. I'm 19 in community college and have had no friends and never been in a relationship (the usual), but I don't really mind. I like alone time a lot and I've never been sad over being single or having no friends. When people try to talk to me, I'll talk back, but we just never connect. I'm extremely shy and awkward at social shit, but that's mostly me. My interests and my hobbies are part of me. Stuff like being shy and awkward can be changed, but I still just don't seem to relate to anyone I have ever talked to. I live each day just going by myself. I come from an all Mexican family and don't relate to them at all, so my entire life has been lonely, but I don't care and don't feel bad. My goal in life is to get a job teaching and then just live alone in a small house. I don't see myself ever getting married or having friends, but I don't really care. So I guess I'm asking if my mindset is wrong or should I try to reach out more? Doing that would most likely mean I have to change things about myself just so I can relate to others, but that's what I'm against. Would love to hear thoughts and advice :3
>>
>>16475885
I feel pretty much the same way, save for the fact that I desire a relationship but don't really want one. I think I could comfortably live like this. It only ever bothers me whenever well meaning but ignorant people try to insist that I'm broken and in desperate need of living like they do, even though I hate doing that.

So yeah, live how you want. It's not like you can't start doing something different if you ever change your mind.
>>
i'm 24 and its depressing having the same mindset you described.
People are mean and mistrustful towards me and unfortunately i can't just isolate myself I have to see coworkers and people to make it in the real world.

I'd probably like to teach, just so I can speak about shit i care about and hopefully make more than I make now.
>>
>>16475912
I also felt like complete shit today from how badly people can't accept me and I basically just tell myself I need to just enjoy the misery. Somehow twist it around so its for me.
Thats the best I can come up with today when feeling completely miserable and lonely.
>>
I used to have the same mindset. I've never felt alone, but I was content with being lonely.

College has changed me for the better, though. I wasn't looking for a relationship, but I've been with my current boyfriend for over two years now, and it's great. Yeah, he's tried to get me to be more outgoing, and yeah I still fucking hate making small-talk/mingling with strangers, but it's important to him, so I try. I love having someone I can trust entirely, and I love being selfless and having my feelings and actions reciprocated.

I would say everything in life is worth trying at least once. You may be content with what you have, but why not strive to have more? Also, putting in the effort to achieve something is immensely satisfying.
>>
>>16475912
That sucks. I don't mind being around others, its really just me not always relating to them. If I met people I could relate to, I'd probably enjoy it. Lonely or with others I consider myself happy.
>>
>>16475940
I generally keep to myself, but people tease me so much and either they want to be friendly or mean, but either way I have nothing to say back really.
>>
>>16475939
>why not strive to have more
I don't want more and I can't think of a single reason to do so when it would be a load of stress and uncertainty for something that is worthless to me.
>>
>>16475939
That's good to hear for you and your bf. I don't try as much as I probably should to put myself out there, but when I do, I just never relate and then I'm just like "oh well" I don't get upset when people don't wanna be my friend, I just accept it as two different people not connecting. And I don't believe in trying to adjust myself for the connection. If people don't like me, then that's fine and not really their or my fault I think
>>
>>16475948
That sucks. Hang in there for now and hopefully things get better. Not the best advice but I've never had it like that
>>
>>16475967
Yeah thats about all I can tell myself.

Its not what I do but others expect more from me for some reason. I'm just not hyper or funny.
>>
>>16475949
Guess we're just different in that regard. I've never completely written something off just because it might be stressful. I'm young, and I have so much to do and see. Why not experience everything that life has to offer me... Better yet, why not enjoy all of it with the one person, whom I love the most?

A healthy relationship shouldn't be stressful. It's as complicated or simple as you make it. It's very organic and comfortable if you've found a compatible friend.

>>16475956
That makes sense, imo. You shouldn't have to change yourself to find friends, but I do believe effort has to be put in to find compatible people as friends. That being said, being social is kinda a requirement if you want to make connections. It sucks, but I personally think it's worth it.
>>
anon I can relate a lot with how you feel. I also like being alone, I find it relaxing and it gives me time to sort things out with my life. I've also had people tell me that I'm too much of a loner and that I should socialize more but I find that these kind of comments come from people that are social butterflies, that just can't understand how being alone can be enjoyable for anybody. I don't think that you NEED to change, you should do whatever makes you happy. In general, it's good to balance these things out, but don't feel like you're weird for enjoying alone time
>>
>>16476008
Thanks for the input. I sometimes question myself so its good to hear that it's not bad and I'm happy for the most part.
>>
>>16475999
Nice trips, and yeah I definitely want to try to get comfortable talking to others especially since I want to teach and will have to be in front of teens or middle schoolers
>>
>>16475999
>Better yet, why not enjoy all of it with the one person, whom I love the most?
>It's very organic and comfortable if you've found a compatible friend.
Look, I'm genuinely happy that you were able to find someone like this, but this isn't where I'm coming from. Every time I think it might be nice to be with someone I immediately start thinking about what realities that situation would actually entail and realise that I don't want to deal with any of that. I just want to be happy and enjoy myself. And I know what I enjoy and what makes me happy. And the serious commitment, compromise and effort of a long term relationship with another human being is not among them.

It's sort of like when people think having a dog would be the greatest thing, without considering all the responsibilities they have to take on.

Moreover, I can't really conceive of being that at ease with someone, nor of being able to find women with similar interests (since people like that in general are recluses), nor of such a woman having an interest in me, nor of my being able to believe in said interest, nor of ME having an interest in HER, nor of my capacity to deal with her issues, nor of being capable of managing a relationship day to day.

I'm a creature of habit. New things make me uncomfortable and uncertain. I think just want to work a job to support my hedonistic life until I can retire and do it full time as best I can while I'm still kicking.
>>
just play some dr mario you loser
>>
>>16476058
That is exactly what I am doing.
I even want to be a teacher, but I have to see if my studies will take me there or elsewhere.

But right now I work manual labor. I always liked to act as an independent person like you.
I actually love people, but not my interaction with them. I'd rather respect them and not get involved but when others show interest in me and see I distance myself they resent me.
>>
>>16476081
:O
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.