[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pick a book for me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: books.jpg (302KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
302KB, 1024x682px
I have to pick a book for a grade 12 ISU (independent study unit)
I'm gonna have to analyze it and write essays on it and shit.
I don't know what to pick, thought you might help me with some suggestions
(Anything between 100-300 pages)
I was thinking of:
The Alchemist
Death of a Salesman
The Stranger
Catcher in the Rye

Difficulty/ Enjoyability of the books? I don't know, just lay it on me
>>
Finnegans wake
Trust me you'll love it :^)
>>
The Road to Serfdom by FA Hayek. You'll learn something.
>>
Catcher in the Rye is the worst piece of crap I've ever read. You will make yourself dumber by reading it.
>>
>>16466976
Why the fuck would you ever choose to pick Catcher in the Rye, let alone consider it? A spoiled kid with a bunch of money from his parents beats around town moaning about how everyone sucks only to get sick from smoking too much and being in the cold and the end. Who the fuck would want to pay for a whole course specifically on in-depth analyzing that garbage? You should resign as teacher but the fact that you're coming to 4chan where an honest answer is always right around the corner makes me think you may have hope yet faggot
>>
>>
Death of a Salesman is a good pick if you're American...might be more difficult for you to analyze if work and family culture are different in your country.
>>
House of leaves or Ovids metamorphoses
>>
>>16466976
The Midwich Kekoos or The Chrysalids

Fucking guaranteed easy to analyze and very enjoyable read, both.
>>
>>16467042
Good lord man, do you want him to have a mental breakdown? Analyzing those are for lit majors in university.
>>
File: pic.jpg (4KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
4KB, 251x251px
>>16467007
>>16467004
Oh, fuck off. Every book has it's merits. Anyone too stupid to admit they learned even ONE thing from Catcher in the Rye isn't worth listening to.
>>
>>16467004
>>16467007
These people are plebs. It's a great novel.
>>
Don't do Catcher in the Rye. I read it at the age of 15 mere months after being diagnosed with major depressive disorder, and it made me feel like shit. As an adult, I just kind of stare dumbfounded at the work. It's really not that special or worth spending time analyzing.

I second 1984, or, for something slightly less traumatically depressing, Fahrenheit 451. You can write a lot about comparing their lessons to the modern times we live in.
>>
>>16467124
I'm 19, and I just finished reading it. I related to Holden far more than I should have, but I loved it. I knew exactly what he was talking about. Phonies and all.
>>
The Count of Monte Cristo, unabridged.

Fuck your page limits. If you have to write a series of essays on a single book, it's worth it. I could literally talk off the top of my head for hours about how much I fucking love that book.
>>
>>16467124
>>16467023
>>16467015
These are lame choices. How about A Scanner Darkly by Philip k. Dick? Or try Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.
>>
>>16467152
Fight Club? For high school kids? I'm not even sure if college kids will fully appreciate it until they get out into the world and work, have credit card debt, marry etc.

Also
>1984
>lame
Get out
>>
>>16467163
I'm not saying 1984 isn't awesome. It is. But why would you analyze something with a message so blatantly obvious? Even in high school, you should be aiming higher than the EASIEST ESSAY EVER.
>>
>>16467163
Not a good reason not to try, though. If you get stuck, you can just fucking Google the answers. It's high school.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.