[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I want to start smoking. Would it be safer to start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: 13ecig-web1-superJumbo.jpg (255KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
13ecig-web1-superJumbo.jpg
255KB, 2048x1365px
I think I want to start smoking. Would it be safer to start with e-cigarettes, or is it as bad as tobacco? Should I take up the hobby at all?
>>
>>16466143
No
>>
>>16466143
e-cigs are safer, but the habit becomes expensive either way
>>
>>16466143
E-cigs have been proven to be worse.

I'm not going to even bother linking the studies because it's apparent you're so fucking lazy you can't even do a fucking google search for peer reviewed articles.

The safest form of smoking is vaping, despite the rep you'll get from doing it.
>>
>>16466143
>I think I want to start smoking.
Think otherwise.
>>
Its not a hobby. Its a bad habit and a waste of money/health. Would you consider heroin addiction a hobby?

Don't try e-cigs either. When people use them in public, it looks lame as fuck. I can't fathom why anyone would use a mouth-fedora willingly when they never smoked in the first place. Most flavors taste shitty too (like cheap ass candy), but a million times better than the taste of cigs. All that aside, its great for QUITTING smoking.

I'm an ex-smoker btw. Quit with e-cigs, and currenly in the process of cutting my ejuice to 0% nicotine and quitting that too.
>>
If you're up for, smoke a pipe. I maybe smoke mine once every two weeks or so. It's super relaxing and with the right aromatic tobaccos, can smell really good. I started pipe smoking to unwind the stress of graduate school, but I don't do it enough to have any negative health risks.
>>
>>16466143
Ecigs are considered more dangerous because they're new and still need more research to find everything wrong with them. While with cigerattes we know it causes lung cancer, addiction, and a couple other minor things. Stick with filtered cigs for now if you must smoke
>>
don't get a cape if you're gonna smoke then smoke cigarettes maybe learn to roll your own eventually
>>
Vape if you must. Use 0% nicotine juice. Sometimes the act itself is all you need to satisfy that itch.

For the love of everything, do not smoke cigarretes. I worked at Walgreens for a while. None, and I mean none of the people I sold cigarettes to every day seemed happy about it. They all seemed embarrassed, ashamed, a little dead inside because of their habit. Not to mention all of my friends and family over the years who universally wish they never started.
>>
>>16466143
Stop being retarded
>>
>>16466188

>e cigs have been proven to be worse
>the safest form of smoking is vaping
>>
>>16466513
oh shut up
>>16466200
fuck you too
let people smoke
i started smoking after browsing /fa/ for a year
i dont regret it, i've lost a ton of weight
>>
why would you want to start smoking??? It literally kills you over time. It makes you age faster and not to mention it smells like shit and is not attractive
>>
>>16466539
Ah, shut up, the most childish of all internet insults. Why are you seemingly offended by me sharing how the dozens of smokers I've encountered feel about their habit? You've only been smoking for a year. You WILL regret it, it's only a matter of time. Sorry to break it to ya mane.
>>
>>16466539
This is the reason that cigarettes cause cancer, to weed out the dumb "I do what I want" bros. Enjoy your chemicals.
>>
>>16466143
Smoke an occasional cigar, you don't inhale and it tastes like heaven.
>>
>smoking
>not just using nicotine

you might look cool smoking but you smell like shit and everyone around you hates you for doing it. and fuck you if you use e-cigs and think that means you can blow breathy vapors into people's faces.
>>
>>16466539

If you think you've lost a little weight now, just wait until the chemo treatments!
>>
>>16466204
every hit from the pipe is enough to have negative health risks desu
>>
>>16466143
>I think I want to start smoking.
what kind of fucking idiot thinks this? fucking why?

i started smoking because i was young and dumb and i had a friend who smoked and wanted me to try it so i eventually did, and then i just started smoking more and more. yeah i made a stupid decision, but i never had a thought in my head as dumb as "i think i want to start smoking." it just kind of happened.

consider suicide.
>>
do NOT start smoking. It is truly the worst thing to stop doing.
IF you want to smoke ANYTHING, smoke a bit of pot on the weekends or once in a blue moon. it's fun, relaxing, creative, enjoyable, and not addictive.
>>
Smoking isn't a hobby. Collecting and modding ecigs might be but that isn't healthy. Do something constructive instead.
>>
File: 1419718028203.jpg (201KB, 1020x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1419718028203.jpg
201KB, 1020x1125px
>>16467169
>Smoking pot
>Creative

Are you 12?
Relaxing and stress relieving yes, but creative? Doing a drug is creative? Just because some moron say that they get more creative doesn't mean a thing, it just removes inhibitions like any mind altering substance.
>>
>>16467195
Have you ever smoked weed and done something creative? It's a whole different thing.
>>
I smoke the occasional cig, maybe a pack every fortnight to month. I really like the smell and taste though, desu. Maybe it's because my grandparents smoked, or because my first girlfriend did when we were 15. Who knows.

Honestly, if you can keep it on the low, and I mean less than one a day on average, it's not going to harm you any more than breathing traffic smog in a city or something. And cigars are fucking heaven.
>>
If you "take up smoking", I've got a recommendation for you. You know, aside from DONT DO IT LMAO etc.

Roll your own smokes. There are multiple benefits to this. You're gonna save bokou bucks on cigarettes. That shit adds up unless you've got quite a good income or savings. Second, you'll smoke less. Once you start buying packs of smokes, you'll start smoking all the damn time because you find yourself with small 15-30 minute downtime periods in which you just so easily and conveniently light up a smoke from your pocket. If you're rolling them, it'll take more work and effort to smoke.

And at least for me, people were impressed by me rolling my own smokes. It isn't very common in the states (outside of boot camp, heard bugler is the only way to go there), and it can be a sort of entry point to social encounters and conversation. Even more than smoking already is.

Anyway, you'd have to be willfully ignorant to not understand the health and social detriments to smoking. This advice is given that you've already made the admittedly poor decision to smoke.
>>
>>16466143
Smoke 3 packs a day, drink a liter of booze a day.

Life's short, but that's no reason not to make it shorter
>>
>>16467463
dont reproduce
>>
>>16467467
I don't plan on it
>>
>>16466143
I will ignore the factors that lead to a shorter life:

-Expensive as FUCK. Like seriously this is one of the biggest things, and few people consider it, once you're in the full swing of addiction all of your pocket money goes up in smoke (literally).
-Less lung capacity: You will be worse at sex, you will be worse at running, you will be more tired at the end of the day and the onset of the tiredness will be earlier.
-You will get wrinkly. Seriously, you will look like a disgusting 55 year old in your early 30s. By then, everyone has a gut, and the little bit of weight you might lose will not counteract your disgusting skin.
-Your teeth will get yellow as FUCK. Unless you are absolutely perfect about brushing your teeth (protip: you aren't), this will actually be the first effect that hits you.
-Your breath and clothes will smell bad. This is subjective, but all non-smokers will be able to tell from a mile away, and you actually won't be able to, because:
-You will lose your sense of smell. This is possibly the most short term effect of smoking (besides smelling bad) but you lose more than half of your sense of smell for days after smoking your last cigarette.
>>
>>16467232

But have you smoked weed for years upon years and then tried to do a creative thing? Weed stops enhancing creativity once your body gets used to it, trust me the good feels wear off eventually.
>>
>>16467484
My least creative period was when I was smoking weed desu. It numbs you emotionally.
>>
>>16466539
Do you thinking having a right to do whatever you want frees you from judgement?

Sure, human dwarf planets have every right to engorge themselves by stuffing all of their orifices with greasy, salty food but that doesn't make it any less nauseous to watch.

You can smoke. But people are still going to judge you. I honestly don't care when I see someone smoking. Unless you are vaping. In which case you are a faggot. Holy shit that's so fucking lame. I'm not even kidding god damn.
>>
Just to make clear, smoking is a drug addiction.

The problem with smoking is that it will gradually make your life worse, without you realizing. Everyone that smokes has a particular excuse for doing so, because all smoking is about fear.

Think of it this way, you'll start out happy and feeling in control, but after about 5 years your dick won't work, you'll smell awful, and you won't have any energy.

>fuck you too

Insults due to lack of abilities.

>let people smoke

Yes, let them smoke, encourage them to stop.

>i started smoking after browsing /fa/ for a year

Congratulations

>i dont regret it, i've lost a ton of weight

The saddest thing about this addiction is this attitude.
>>
I wonder how many people replying to this thread are teenagers who have no life experience. Nobody gives a fuck if you smoke or not, in my experience.
>>
>>16467169
It actually is addictive and it's a lot more expensive than cigarettes. It doesn't make you more creative. It makes you complacent and makes the mundane seem interesting. So that creative thing you thought you did was really simple, boring, and probably stupid. Oh yeah and it's illegal in most places. Plus 99% of potheads are fucking dolts.

This is coming from someone who smoked everyday for 15 years and finally realized what a waste it was.
>>
>>16466188

False, electric cigarettes have a lot of health benefits, actually...

-No more smoke
-No bad smell
-No more cancer
-No more lung diseases

-way cheaper
-PG kills bacteria (one of the main ingredients in e juice) which helps keep your teeth healthy, and clears bacteria out of your lungs. Good for avoiding sickness.

Nicotine has been shown to ward off Alzheimer's, as well as increase brain activity.

Get an Aspire starter kit, they start around 30$. I recommend the Premium kit, or if you want something more advanced get the platinum kit.
>>
>>16467600
Not in Australia. $50 of weed lasts me two-three weeks if I'm smoking daily, and it's $20 for a pack of cigs. Maybe it's just because my dealers have always been close mates of mine and I buy at cost but idk.
>>
>>16466188
lawl, absolute BS
they have been proven to contain some bad stuff
like anything you inhale is worse than clean air...
and yes in terms of nicotin amounts they get you plenty of your fix, but that's not what kills you.
Off course governments want you to think E-cigs kill because they don't make taxmoneys on them.
>inb4: not an e-smoker
>>
>>16466188
Simply not true. The studies that were conducted were with e-cigs that were cranked up way too high to produce the formaldehyde they detected from burnt coils, basically no one vapes at that level, as it would taste disgusting and make you cough, you would know.

Nothing thus far has proven them to be any worse, otherwise they would not be given out by the NHS as a smoking cessation aid. I am not saying they are super healthy in general, but in comparison to cigarettes, yes they are. You avoid over 3000 chemicals including tar, and it is narrowed down to a select few. We know what's in them, we just don't know the long term effects, hence why it shouldn't be a long term thing if it can be avoided.

But to OP, don't start using one you fucking moron, they should only be used as a tool for people who want to stop cigarettes.
>>
>>16467461
They taste better too imo.

>>16467573
Yeah it's funny, of all the filth that runs thru 4chan, smoking gets people really riled up.
>>
Buy your e-cig essences without nicotin. That way it stays as a hobby, not an addiction.
But vaping is silly. Expect laughs when approaching random smokers to vape in company.
>>
>>16466188
Bullshit
>>
>>16466523
>>16467732
>>16467865
>>16467878
>says it's not true
>doesn't provide proof
kek'd
>>
>>16468210
Prove it.
>>
If you don't smoke now, do not fucking start smoking, or vaping, or any form of nicotine ingestion. It's a huge money no matter how yo cut it.

However, if you're going to do anything, vape. Either vape no nicotine e-juice or low/moderate nic or you will be absolutely floored. Get a decent mod kit from REPUTABLE brands(don't buy crap or you'll waste tens to hundreds of dollars on this shit).

>>16468204
80% of all smokers I've encountered while vaping asked for a few drags and how much it all costs. Shut up.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.