[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I buy my boyfriend for his birthday? I want to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: image_6.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
What should I buy my boyfriend for his birthday?

I want to get him something that's under 20$ and that he can use. I was thinking of getting him a Dora tshit as its always been a joke between us but I doubt he'd ever wear it outside of home.

I'm going to visit a couple of thrift stores in my area to find something for him but I have no idea what to look for!

So what kind of gift could I get him that won't seem so big and pricey? Maybe a few shirts or some kind of figurine? He's into games and I don't think he'd accept anything extravagant. He wears really plain and simple stuff so would a jacket be too much?

Also is there anything I can get him that I can't go wrong with? We've been together for a year now.
>>
>>16465743
I'll be willing to buy him something that's over 20 I guess, but it cant be over 80
>>
>>16465743

what are his hobbies besides video games ?

beer ? get him a fancy mug ? fancy 6pack beer ? weed ? get him a fancy pipe ?

a hat for cold weather ? a small car toy ?

>thrift stores

they have all kinds of cheap used stuff but don't buy clothes there ick
>>
Personally I think spending under $20 on your boyfriend's birthday is stingy as fuck, but to each their own. If you have issues with money, why not buy him a shirt he would wear for the practical side of the present, and then take him on a picnic with a big meal that you cooked or something. Another cheap but nice present is you could buy one of those albums that you can decorate the front of yourself, then fill it with photos of you two. You could also burn a CD of his favourite songs or put his favourite gaming tracks on there.
>>
>We've been together for a year now.

....and you haven't paid attention to any implications of items he could need or want?
>>
>>16465788
>they have all kinds of cheap used stuff but don't buy clothes there ick
Why not? It's not like the brand new clothing wasn't worn by a 100+ people trying it on nor likely the central americans making it were clean either.
>>
>>16465818
>Why not?

bed bugs ? lice ?
>>
>>16465788
I have a nice washer that can clean the clothes pretty thoroughly. I don't like spending over 10$ on clothes.

He likes to workout, I guess I could get him some shoes, but other than that do you think a jacket would be too much? He doesn't have one but claims he likes the cold.

>>16465813
I just don't want to get him something too expensive, he's a humble guy and isn't used to people buying him stuff. I know that if I get him something big hell want to get me something too and he doesn't have much with him being a student and all.
>>
>>16465743
i will attempt to assist you
what are his hobbies? does he like beer? weed? does he keep any pets? what about his car? is it in good shape? does he need any houseware type shit? tools? initial suggestions- remote starter for car, a months worth of nude maid service
>>
>>16465743
>want to get him something that's under 20$ and that he can use
>I'm going to visit a couple of thrift stores in my area to find something for him
>So what kind of gift could I get him that won't seem so big and pricey?
>He's into games and I don't think he'd accept anything extravagant.
>We've been together for a year now.
Holy shit, you are a terrible girlfriend. Just get him a fucking game and give him a blowjob, I'd been with my (now wife) for 6 months and I spent £50 on earrings for her, and also got her flowers and chocolates.
If he likes games, get him a game that he asks for, don't buy him a pre worn article of clothing.
>>
>>16465830
Wouldn't washing the clothing kill all of the lice? Would you really rebuy everything you owned if you had lice?
>>
>>16465841
>Holy shit, you are a terrible girlfriend.

>>16465813
>Personally I think spending under $20 on your boyfriend's birthday is stingy as fuck,

Do you anons really think the amount spent on a gift is important?
>>
Who knows. I don't know him.

I usually get something that relates to their hobbies or personality. If he's a practical person, then get him something practical, like clothing or food (that you make for him or at his favorite restaurant).

You already seem on the right track with the clothes though.
>>
>>16465743
Buy him fucking lipstick and large black dildo. He'll know what to do you dumb slut.
>>
>>16465834
>He likes to workout
>student

Oh OK that's easy then. Just get him a nice quality bag of oats, a couple of cans of tuna, and the Dora shirt.

Trust me on this senpai.
>>
>>16465843
>if you had lice?

idk if washing kills lice but I just don't like the idea of wearing somebody elses clothes
>>
>>16465851
I know its the thought that counts, but someone else's cheap clothes isn't really thoughtful.
>>
>>16465877
You learn to stop caring honestly.

I'm addicted to thrift shopping, you can buy name brand clothes for cheap. Just don't get the ones that look worn or have tears and you're good
>>
If you want cheap, then you have to really up the thoughtful meter. As some anons suggested, making a great meal he likes and then providing whatever sexual services he desires would be a great night that makes you two closer and costs very little. Raid your closet for belts and tell him to tie you up.
>>
>>16465877
This is privilege :^)
>>
>>16465851

Like I said, to each their own. I suggested homemade gifts to her which are cheap as well. I think the amount spent is indeed important if you are easily able to spend more but choose not to. Or if you buy a shitty second hand shirt when your budget is $80 max, in which you could buy a decent new shirt. If your gift is cheap because you bought supplies to make something, then your effort increases the value. If you're just buying something cheap and that's the end of it, then yeah that's stingy.
>>
>>16465851
>Do you anons really think the amount spent on a gift is important?
Not necessarily, there are tons of handmade gifts that are very lovely. However they're not something you just buy, to replace that effort is more than just twenty dollars imo.

For instance, a girl some months ago here made her boyfriend a jar full of good luck paper charms if memory serves, absolutely wonderful gift that probably cost less than 5 dollars.

A ten dollar tshirt doesn't carry remotely the same kind of meaning.
>>
>>16465743
>I was thinking of getting him a Dora tshit as its always been a joke between us but I doubt he'd ever wear it outside of home.

do it

you thought of it yourself and its funny to you guys

>>16465851
ignore these twats
>>
>>16465943
>ignore these twats
I'm literally not OP
>>
>>16465813
>Personally I think spending under $20 on your boyfriend's birthday is stingy as fuck, but to each their own.

Seconding this.
>>
>>16465943
Poorfag detected. Want some food coupons?
>>
There are these little charms you can get from Swarovski for not too expensive. My boyfriend's Chinese and for our three year anniversary I got him a Chinese good luck charm which symbolized prosperity or whatever because I knew he's superstitious. You can hang it on your wall or in your car, and it cost only $90 aussie I believe which would be even cheaper in the usa.
>>
>>16465944
irrelevant

>>16465958
unfortunately not, ill be in the office tomorrow morning.
>>
>>16465958
Saving money is nice, I don't know why people don't see that
>>
>>16465981
Then I have a hard time believing that you're okay with a $20 gift for her bpyfriend's birthday. If you're not poor, then you're just greedy to be quite honest.
>>
make him something. 20$ isn't a lot.
buy some art supplies, paint something. buy lumber, build something. etc
or make a scrapbook with photos/memories.
I think gifts like that are wayyyyyy more valuable anyway. they're irreplaceable
>>
>>16465988
Saving money is nice; being a greedy jew is not. It's his birthday, not something she would do everyday.
>>
buy him a dragon dildo he can stick up his arse and yours.
>>
A swiss knife? Headphones? Xbox live gold? A used videogame? A jacket? A new wallet?
>>
>>16465896
>you can buy name brand clothes for cheap.

Who gives a shit about that?
The literal point of status symbols is that they are symbols of status.
Last years fancy label clothing carries with it zero status, you might as well not bother with the branded shit and get high quality non fashion brand stuff for the same money.

Either go for the status symbol of new branded clothes or go for quality or cheapness.

Look, OP, you have $20 and a mouth.
Give him a top notch blowjob, some "fuck me anywhich way you want" tokens, and spend the $20 on some merchandise from his favorite Game to show you've been paying attention to what he's talked about.
Invest in memories, not things.
Make sure he remembers it.
>>
>>16465992
id be happy with something worth £5 if it meant something to us and made us laugh
>>
I would prefer something made rather than something bought, or an experience with a lot of meaning behind it, eg a hike up a mountain to see a sunset or a meteor shower.
>>
I prefer things that are useful and already inclined to be using or needing.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.