[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologizing for attempted suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: pineridge39-3.jpg (279KB, 1430x953px) Image search: [Google]
pineridge39-3.jpg
279KB, 1430x953px
I attempted suicide a few weeks ago, very publicly, if I hadn't been so open about it I would be dead right now, my doctors have said once I'm released from mental care I should apologize to my friends and family for what I put them through, how do I? Is "I'm sorry for attempting suicide" enough?

I don't really want to apologize for it I had my reasons which I now see were delusions but an apology is an admission of guilt and I feel I am not the guilty one.
>>
>>16462744
Get some fat in you, fat people are jolly.
>>
Apologize for scaring the shit out of them and putting them through an emotionally horrific experience. And promise not to do it again. The point here isn't that you're "guilty," the point is that your actions have hurt, frightened, and confused the people who care about you, and they deserve some kind of acknowledgement and explanation. It's not about right vs. wrong, it's just that they're probably worried as hell about you, and they just want to know what the fuck is going on.
>>
Eh, I say don't apologize.

Just say you understand what they are feeling but apologizing for attempting suicide is dumb.
>>
>>16462744
Saying sorry is a good start, but people will care more that you act on what ever you have to change about yourself.
>>
>>16462762
Thanks anon, now I get it, I feel stupid for not working that out myself I was thinking about it the wrong way.

>>16462768
Not sure what I can change
>>
>>16462744
you sound extremely self centered.
>>
>>16462755
Nigga what year do you think this is. If op is a chick then yes, get fat as fuck and fetishists will shower you with all the attention your little heart really wants. But if it's a dude, he's only going to be more depressed and look like an even bigger sad pathetic joke then he already is.
>>
>>16462744

pretty shitty your doctors said that to you

if you're not sorry don't apologize. right or wrong, a phony apology isn't going make anything better

you just gotta be prepared to defend your position
>>
Just tell them that you're sorry for putting them through it but your worries are bigger than you at the moment and you just need there help and support and love to get through this tough time.
>>
>>16462744

I don't think you should apologize until you are ready. And the only reason I think you might think about it is because even though "suicide" is a very personal/individual thing it does affect a lot of people, even those who are not close to you.

BUT, having said that, I think that them rushing you into this is really messed up. You were obviously not in the right mind set otherwise you wouldn't have tried to end your life to begin with.

Heal yourself, keep working on your wellness (it doesn't happen by itself generally) and keep in touch with people who are supportive and understand..THEN think about that other stuff.
>>
I had my best friend kill himself a little over a year ago. Literally destroyed my life. If you don't feel sorry about it then it's whatever but just know that everyone around you feels like absolute shit so unless you really don't care about how your friends and family feel then appologize.
>>
>>16462801
>Not sure what I can change

I'm just some random cunt blowing through.

I probably know what you mean; but I feel compelled to reply anyway. If you're saying that you've not yet identified the areas in which you can change, that does NOT make a statement of the difficulty of this change, much less declare it impossible.

Basically what I'm saying is you, I, and everyone else perhaps barring the severely mentally deficient are much more than a bunch of grey matter controlling a biological contraption of flesh lashed to bone. We've absolutely got sovereignty over our actions. But we've got more than that! We've got sovereignty over the roots of our actions; our behavioral patterns. Even further than that; we have complete root control over our own emotions, if we are remarkably well-trained and disciplined.

So if you aren't completely satisfied with every aspect of yourself (I'm certainly not, nor should anyone be! It gets in the way of progress and improvement!), you must, before anything else, identify the specific areas within yourself in which you most wish to make a change.

Which, of course, is probably the easiest part. And it ain't even easy. Shit's more difficult than hell, and I struggle plenty.

But you are capable of this, as am I. As is everyone.
>>
>>16462744
Tell them "I'm sorry - I'm sorry for telling people about it which caused it to be an 'attempt' rather than 'committing'."
>>
Choosing suicide is choosing to move your pain onto those who care about you.

This is why you apologize. You selfishly chose to hurt those who you care about and who care about you.

You're alive, and despite how you feel, you're in a position of opportunity. You can choose to improve, seek help, become the kind of person you want. You have the chance to live a life with quality that many do not have, or cannot achieve the same level of quality with.

Be grateful for that, apologize to those who would be hurt by your death, and focus on moving forward, because you're either incredibly imbalanced chemically, or very sheltered from how reality works.

And yes, suicide pisses me off.
>>
>>16464833

What if there's nobody left to care about me and I'm so far disconnected from normie shit that I don't care about anyone?

WHO DO I APOLOGIZE TO?
>>
>>16464862
If you have NO one connected to you and you're that disconnected, then you wouldn't ask the question you've just asked.

You could apologize to yourself for being so weak, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.