[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my sister who is 15 needs a new place to live. Our dad has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: usa-flag.jpg (100KB, 1600x1309px) Image search: [Google]
usa-flag.jpg
100KB, 1600x1309px
So my sister who is 15 needs a new place to live. Our dad has been arrested so obviously she can't live with him anymore. She choose me to be her legal gurdian, and to live with. I'm not not entirely sure If I want to be. The problem isnt finacial, I'm in my late 20s and make over 90k a year , its just she'd come with allot of emotional baggage. She was molested as a kid an im not sure if I can deal with that. What should I do?
>>
damaged goods
dump her OP
for your sake
>>
Bet there is plenty of guy who'll put her up, just depends if you don't mind her ending up even more damaged?
>>
>>16456550
How would she end up more damaged?
>>
>>16456567
How many dicks in the ass will take before a 15 year old girl questions her life choices?
>>
>>16456588
Hmm..off topic question, but would most girls want to makeout or have sex with their brother or no
>>
>>16456567

She may or may not end up with someone who may take advantage of her emotionally distressed state.

If someone with ill-intent were to learn about her past, it would be very easy for them to manipulate her. She's only 15, still very susceptible to even more emotional destruction if it's allowed to befall her which could really fuck her up for the rest of her life.

If she chose you, it means she trusts you. You may be the only positive male role model in her life. Do the right thing and take care of her.

You aren't expected to know how to "deal" with it. You go with her to a therapist and you deal with it together.

Come on man, she's your god damn sister. I have a sister of my own and if this ever happened to her, I would do anything to help her.
>>
Do what they do in my japanese animes: have her get a part time job and help her rent a cheap 1 room apartment.
>>
>>16456596
I used to want to do sexual things with my brother. But then I found out he'd been sleeping around and caught herpes, and that killed all attraction I'd had for him.
>>
>>16456604
This.

Plus
- it's only for 3 years.
- It's probably kind of a feather in your cap for ladies (shows your responsible, kind/generous, and value family)
- Yes, there will be baggage, but maybe not as you think

My girlfriend was molested as a child as well. She definitely has her hangups, baggage, and triggers but she's worked through a ton of it through therapy, so much so that I never suspected anything until she told me. She's fragile in some ways, but she's also one of the nicest, strongest, and most responsible people I've ever met.

There's no guarantee that your sister's going to become a ticking time bomb.
>>
>>16456664
>- it's only for 3 years.
what, you expect him to kick her out on the street the day she turns 18?
>- It's probably kind of a feather in your cap for ladies (shows your responsible, kind/generous, and value family)
a feather than take up a bunch of time and makes it awkward to date or have sex
>- Yes, there will be baggage, but maybe not as you think
he'd know.
>>
>>16456679
>what, you expect him to kick her out on the street the day she turns 18?

Well he's talking about doing it now.... So with that in mind, just saying if he says yes, he's only forced to do it for 3.

>a feather than take up a bunch of time and makes it awkward to date or have sex
The flipside of this is people will think of him a pretty terrible person if he doesn't, and really, she's a 15 year old, I think she knows what dating and sex is. Worst case he makes 90k so he can probably comfortable afford weekend trips.

>he'd know.
Agreed. But he can't predict the future, and just saying not all molested kids end up completely fucked up.
>>
>>16456679
>makes it awkward to date or have sex

It's already awkward as fuck when single parents date or have sex, but that never stopped anyone and it's considered perfectly normal. Having a teenage sibling stay with you while you maintain a love life isn't any more weird.
>>
>>16456538
>my sister.
Who the fuck cares that's your family. You fuckin shit wagon. As long as she hasnt/doesn't play the rape card with you, saying you tried or did shit why would you be such an arrogant prick about it. You're doing "so well" yet you can't help your kid sister out? Enjoy letting her get put in foster families and raped again. Scum bag. Hope your house burns down and you get fired.
>>
>>16456624
Actually, that sounds hilarious.
>>
>>16456764
Jesus Christ man. I never said I was gonna kick her to the curb. I'm taking her in regardless probably. Would she really get raped in foster care, for real?
>>
>>16456919
>Would she really get raped in foster care

Maybe not but if she did I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be the first.
>>
I was 14 when my mom died, and I spent the next 4 years of my life hopping around from home to home because none of my family could keep me long term. It's such a shitty way to spend your teenage life. Please don't put her in foster care. She's 15 years old, which means over the next couple years she'll be getting increasingly self sufficient.

If you're worried about her emotional baggage, get her a therapist. Help her move forward with her life.
>>
>>16456970
I should add to this that my sister was in her 20s when this happened, and she made the choice to not let me live with her. Granted, at the time she was working at a Walgreens making shit for money. Even so, it took me until I was in my 20s before I was able to forgive her. Had she been making even half as much money as you do, I don't think I ever would have.
>>
>>16456970
Anon , random question. Have you ever live in/ around Connecticut ?
>>
>>16456997
I haven't.
>>
Dude... it's your fucking sister. Out of all the people in your life, nobody is like to love you the same as family will. Has she wronged you in some way that's irreversible?

Give her a room, your terms of her living with you, and get her into therapy or something that might straighten her up. Tough love might be what she needs.

Past that, people will respect you more for looking after somebody downtrodden.
>>
>>16457022
Would you consider it...disgusting to try and have intimate physical contact with your much younger sister?
>>
>>16457037
Um yeah. Especially if she's underage, relying on you for housing, and is not mentally stable.
>>
>>16457037
I'm >>16456624 and I still say yes, it's pretty disgusting. Key words:
>much younger
Statutory rape is statutory rape. If she's jailbait you don't touch no matter what relationship you have.
>>
>>16456919
Judging by your inconsistent thoughts of doing so, it kind of makes you selfish. She's at her most emotional stage of her life I bet, but you have second thoughts of not helping her in life just so you can enjoy your petty 1st world problems as an adult? That's kind of fucked up, dont you think? What is with you amerifats?
>>
>>16457096
I wasnt sure if I could handle what entails taking care of a teenage girl. I was molested and never told anyone, and I'm fine.
>>
All I've got to say is..... really?
I was sexually abused by my brother and I just got kicked out of my aunt's place . She said it was a parking issue so I had to move (srsly really bitch) . In reality I know it's cause I smoked too much weed to cope with my PTSD and because I was socially awkward and she hated that I didn't wanna be her bff.

But I would've appreciated a family member being there and staying no matter how hard it was. She's 15, if she's recognizing it and dealing with it now , she will be able to move on quicker.

Its not forever, but her gratitude will be.
Make sure she's in therapy and just set aside some personal time for you
>>
>>16456596
What the hell, you sick fuck
>>
>>16456567
Really? By living with some 24 year old fuck tard who makes her call him daddy type of shit
>>
>>16457131
Maybe the fact that she was molested arouses me JUST a bit.. Even so I would never try anything to hurt her.
>>
Well the only problem I could see is that she will be bringing home a lot of guys, and a lot of shit can start there obviously. You'd just need to somehow guarantee that guys won't want to come over your place, I guess buy some guns, I dunno.
>>
>>16457129
>Its not forever,
You don't know that.
You take in an emotionally broken family member and they might end up living with you well into their late 20s, and you won't be able to boot them out because that's just as heartless.
>>
>>16456664
>it's only for 3 years.
No it isn't

>It's probably kind of a feather in your cap for ladies
Not when you bring them home and there's a 15 year old on the couch

>maybe not as you think
She's 15, even if she was baggage free that's basically inviting 6 bipolar homosexuals to come live with you

Family, no family, ideal 3 years or not (and it will be 'not', that girl isn't graduating highschool and immediately going to be able to pay for her own shit), OP is being guilted and forced into changing his entire lifestyle and accepting the responsibility of caring for this teenager and everything that comes with it.
>>
>>16456919
A lot of fucked up shit happens in foster care
>>
>>16457138
LOL you need a sex life
>>
>>16457142
She can handle more at 18/20 than at 15. I was sexually abused by my brother and told my parents last year , I'm 19 and they want me to move out, (not for any bad reasons ) so I am. I'm not completely emotionally stable but they put boundaries up, so can he .
>>
Let her move in, be supportive and understanding, guide her in finding a good path and pursuing education, and in return have a great relationship with your sister for the rest of your life

if you don't do this, you're a piece of shit who's made the world a little worse
>>
If duty only called when it was convenient, it wouldn't be duty. Fucking do it, foster care can be hellish. Yes, it sucks for you, it's not fair, I'm sorry.

You certainly do have the right to set some ground rules, though, like, no having guys over, respect my living space, get a part-time job to help pay, etc. Probably be good for her too.
>>
>>16457122
>im fine
>everyone has the same mode of consciousness as me.
>>
Just help her prepare to jump onto her feet. Do the correct parenting thing and get her therapy. Jesus, one 15 year old girl won't need much out of your 90k earnings if you're not financialy retarded. She can also start part timing someday if you can help her find a job.
>>
>>16457234
>>16457378
This

It's your sister OP, how can you even consider not helping her...
>>
>>16456538
While I sympathize with your concerns about her baggage, unless she is completely psycho, she is your sister and you have to look after her. She shares the same blood as you. It should only have to be for a few years.
>>
>>16456538

I've lurked /h/ enough to know how this ends.

> no anon-kun if you do that I'll...
>>
>>16456538
Man up. You're the grown-up in the family now. Accept your responsibilities and discover what sort of person you are.
>>
>>16456538
well take her in and maybe you can give it a go again
>>
Nevermind the whiteknight faggots ITT.

You're not obligated to take her in in any way whatsoever.

If you MUST, however, make it very clear that your house=your rules.

Your loser dad probably wasn't the best disciplinarian anyways, so you'll have to step up.

No disrespect, no getting away with childlike behavior, no coming home after xxpm, no houseparties, BETTER start studying so she can move out ASAP, no lazying around the house/idling life away, etc etc
>>
>>16456664
Agree with all this and the post it references.

Largely it's going to depend on the girl. If she's a responsible, trustworthy and dependable type it'll be fine. If she's a self entitled brat then it will be difficult.
>>
>>16456538

>not slowly turn her into the perfect waifu you have always wanted.

>not having her love you unconditionally.

you make me sick OP...
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.