[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like a nobody.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: thexfiles.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
thexfiles.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
Does anyone feel like a nobody, and that anyone you talk to is superior in some way?

I'm female, 22. I turn 23 next month. I've never had a boyfriend, I'm getting a lame liberal arts degree because I've never really believed in myself. I know that I'm looking at external things that a lot of people will say don't really matter, but the older I get the more most people make me stressed out that external things and accomplishments are the ultimate indicator of whether or not you are worthwhile.

It's gross, I don't want to start thinking this way -- but I find myself constantly comparing myself to other people and I just get so unhappy. I guess I'm just stressed out and needed somewhere to vent.

I just feel lost, and like it's too late to do anything.
>>
>>16456254

How many of these people will be next to you when you die? Most likely not too many of them. Don't think about other people. The only one who matters is you.
To quote my favorite vidya, "The world ends with you. If you wanna enjoy life, you have to push your horizons as far as they can go."
Your world really does end with you. If you don't like the way it looks, you're the only one who can do something about it.

Be well. The sun will rise tomorrow.
>>
>>16456275

I don't know how to get over feeling inferior to every person. Like, whether it be looks, careers or fucking college degrees I feel like everyone has a one up on me. It's really annoying. I only really have soft smarts. I try to get involved with other people as much as I can, but it almost always ends up making me feel bad.

Like, last night I was at a music session, and I realized how much better everyone was in the group than me. I'm also interning at a local museum, and feel inferior to the comp sci and engineering majors. It's dumb, but I feel like this all the time. I can try my best to be better, but at the end of the day I feel like I just have so much to say and express but I'm not gifted and not as lucky as others.
>>
>>16456275

PS. Thanks for the kind words.
>>
>>16456289
The way I had to start looking at it is that when it comes to people, there's no such thing as better or worse, only different. You're a unique person and only you will ever truly understand yourself.
I understand what you're feeling though. I used to be really down on myself, comparing myself to everyone in every single way I could come up with. And then one day, I realized something. My life is passing me by. These people I'm comparing myself to, their lives are setting out to sea and I'm standing here on the shore feeling sorry for myself. So, I stopped giving a fuck.
You need to evaluate the things you give a fuck about. We only get a certain number of fucks to give, and if you devote too many to the wrong things, you'll wind up being 80 years old and having only enough fucks to give to your daily exercise of clipping coupons. Stop giving a fuck about other people and their strengths, start devoting all your fucks to your life and how you can make it better.
>>
>>16456289
Comparing yourself to others' success will always make you feel let down, girl. When was the last time you compared yourself to a kid from Africa that had been diagnosed with ebola? Your life might not be as good as you wish it was and others might be better than you in some ways, but remember that in a world of 7+ billion people you're most likely more average than you'd think.
>>
>>16456293
Of course, anon. I'm feeling similarly down on life at the moment as well, and giving advice to others is alleviating the pain.
I just don't want you to get to the point where I'm at.
>>
>>16456254
Where I come from we call what you have 'reverse pride'. A depressive person who refuses to believe that they are the on the same level as others, even in misery or plain-ness. A twisted version of the cocky prideful asses we associate with the term 'proud'. It's irrational.

Humility means not only that you aren't any better than anyone, but also not worse than anyone either. Remind yourself of that regularly.

I could write for hours on this since I've dealt with this a lot in my own life, but I'm on my phone atm so fuck that
>>
>>16456299

Yeah, I understand that. I think I just constantly put myself around over-achieving people and it's easy for me to lose any sort of perspective. I wish I had the skill of being more patient with myself and not expecting instant results. It's like I almost expect a personality change over a given period, but I don't think that's possible. I think what I'm speaking of is the human condition.

I want to make a better life for myself, but somehow I feel undeserving or immoral for it. It's this feeling I've had forever. I think it's just because I've felt totally inferior and undeserving for most of my life. It's why I'm really conscious about how my words and actions could affect other people.
>>
>>16456311

>>16456311

Your perspective is a good one. I keep humility in mind a lot, but often forget that it means thinking no better or no worse about yourself. Thanks.
>>
>>16456289
Yeah because everyone is gifted and no one ever had to work to be where they are in life now. I'm in med school because I'm gifted, not because I spend all my time working and studying to the point when even one hour off feels like Christmas. You feel bad and keep comparing yourself to others because you know you could be and do much more.
I feel bad too when I'm on /adv/ replying to people even though I can't study anymore for the day. Now stop pitying yourself and do something about this because you're obviously not satisfied with your life, else you wouldn't be feeling like that. It's no use thinking "it's gross I don't want to think like that" because you already are.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.