[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Former friend moved out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1410053585862.jpg (12KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
1410053585862.jpg
12KB, 258x195px
Long story short i had a guy who i thought was my friend move out of my house on supposedly good terms (couldn't afford rent) since then he has been roasting me on all social media and convinced our group of friends to turn their backs on me and not want to hang out anymore, Telling them loads of lies and bullshit about how i did nothing but sit on my ass (I work full time and go to school) when he left his room had mold and shit in it and my sink was clogged.

Since then i have just ignored him and others assuming it would die down but its been weeks now and it still continues, Do i continue to ignore him or defend my honor? Thanks in advance /adv/
>>
Find new friends. If they can't take the time to confirm the rumors, they aren't worth your time.
>>
>>16449710
I have pretty much already begun to do that, I just don't know how to get all this stupid shit on social media and blowing up my phone to stop. Ignoring it has seemed to do nothing.
>>
bump need advice
>>
You stated what you believe are your 2 options. Honestly if anyone aside from him directly calls you on it tell them the truth that he was a piece of shit and you had work to do. Also you are not really clear on whats going on, if I realized he was doing this when it started I would of told my friends the truth and if they didnt believe me then I would of cut them off. But honestly either way is the correct road either tell everyone that flames you on social media the truth about what living with him was like maybe put up pics for proof or if you want to defend your honor go up to him and just talk to him in a firm tone and say why the fuck are you spreading lies man I thought we were cool when you moved out and if he escalates it to violence do what you want to do.
>>
>>16449859
I do have pictures of the wreck he left his room in, I have all the evidence required to embarass him i am just choosing to be mature and ignoring it and staying out of it because i dont want to stoop to that level.

What i am unsure of is should i be trying to defend myself against his claims or just let it all go so everyone can see how much of a jackass hes being? I kind of figured that if he just kept going on and i never commented on it or talked shit people would just realize that he was full of shit am i right in thinking this?
>>
>>16449871
Idk find one of his posts state that it's not true and neither are the others then post pics and tell what they are
>>
>>16449871
so let me get this straight you think its "mature" and that your not "stooping to THAT level" by not posting evidence of the truth when he is slandering you? And no your wrong because if people are being fed lies and you wont bother to show the truth then they think he is telling the truth. But on the bright side when you realize what your doing is showing 0 signs of maturity but is instead showing signs of being a passive bitch you can post the pics and tell your side of the story with actual evidence and they will think he is the ass.
>>
>>16449979
Sorry I am a bit rough in this message but you need a reality check you need to show the proof and get your life back because its clear at this point he wont stop.
>>
>>16449979
No offense taken, Maybe this is what i need to do. I just thought it would look worse if i just started arguing with him on social media, I didn't think it would make me look any better than he is.
>>
>>16449979
This, OP. You're being slandered and you have the proof he's full of shit. Embarrass him because he is trying to embarrass you, he attacked you first without any just reason.

Then, tell your friends to eat a dick if they take everything at face value and cannot bother checking if something is true, but will commit to a position against someone. People like that are a constant powder keg of drama and bullshit, and will do it again.
>>
Protip: They're not your friends, he's an asshole, and you need to cut them off and move on asap. Especially if he's talking bullshit and lies.

If it gets worse or escalates, call the authorities.
>>
>>16450086
This post made a lot of sense too, Really appreciating all this great advice guys. I admit though i have always taken the passive approach and it seems to work out more often then just going head on with someone when it is mostly he said she said, All that i can prove is that he doesn't clean but i cant prove his ridiculous stupid drunken behavior which i can elaborate on if anyone is interested.

>>16450096
You are absolutely right too, I am almost waiting on him to show up here to try to prove some kind of point physically. Instead of hurting him i think sending him to jail would be more pleasing.
>>
>>16450126
>Instead of hurting him i think sending him to jail would be more pleasing.

I was in a similar situation as you OP, much much different, but somewhat similar.

Even if your 'friend' or former roommate is being a huge asshole, and all your friends are turning their backs on you and misleading and mistreating you, just be the bigger man about it.
Let authorities know if it's serious enough, but don't let it escalate into pressing charges or the whole 'he said she said' bullshit will ensure once authorities are involved. Revenge or 'getting back at them' shouldn't be your priority.

Let them know you do not want to be in contact with them, and keep evidence of all communications you have with anyone until the situation dies down, just in case.
>>
>>16450185
The thing of it is i don't care to even get revenge, I was kinda speaking in hypotheticals like just in case he would take it further. I would rather just ignore it and it all go away like it already should have.

I am just realizing that the friends i had werent friends and i am thankful for that but i just didnt expect this much of a fall out especially when i've done nothing wrong and no one has even attempted to communicate with me besides the ex room mate when he wants to text me and call me a fucking asshole.

However i do plan to be the bigger man, For now that is. I kinda figure if i wait it out long enough it will just stop but who knows.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.