[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

H E L P

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: i have no friends.jpg (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
i have no friends.jpg
19KB, 200x200px
>be me
>17y/o NEET
>slowly losing interest in everything I've ever enjoyed
>diagnosed with major depression, but dealing with it alright

2 years down the track;
>still a NEET
>depression has worsened
>all interests have completely subsided
>only thing I'm good at is singing, which I can no longer do due to an injury
>ahh well, wasn't that good anyway
>thinking about offing myself more and more with each passing day

What do I do, /adv/?
I've got no marketable skills, no interests to pursue, and I've lost count of the amount of times my counselor has tried to teach me mindfulness.
I'd get a job, but I have no qualifications, and any available labour work in my area is off-limits due to my previously mentioned injury.
I have no money and am living off my parents like a giant bearded leech.
So I ask you, /adv/; what do I do to fix my life?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Go outside and have the confidence to talk to people. Order something on the internet. Play a new game. There's still a bunch to do..
>>
Shit dude, you're 17, just apply to a mcdonalds or some shit. Nobody hiring expects a 17 year old to be an expert an anything
>>
>>16444546
Dude i think everybody here went through that at your age.
>>
>>16444549
Should've specified that I have a reasonably healthy social life, for all the good it's done me.

I don't have any money to buy stuff with but thanks for the advice anyway senpai
>>
>>16444550
>>16444551
I'm 19 now. Nearly 20. Living in a somewhat rural town where there's not a great deal of work.
>>
>>16444546
Since you can no longer sing but used to enjoy it, perhaps try to pick up an instrument. It gives the same kind of buzz that singing does, but perhaps the largest obstacle here is the learning curve, so make sure to pick up something that you think will be easy, so you don't lose motivation before you get to the point where it'll be rewarding. It'll help massively when you're got at least one last thing that might give you at least a little bit of happiness. Just start small and don't overwhelm yourself. Practise simple songs first.
>>
>>16444559
I've been playing guitar for 6 years, but I'm still really bad at it so I don't really tend to bring it up. It used to be kinda rewarding but now it's lost its lustre, just like my other hobbies.
>>
Small steps. Set tiny, tiny fucking goals.

A few months ago my Sister died unexpectedly. I was absolutely crushed. I haven't been able to get out of bed until recently. What helped me in the midst of my depression was making tiny steps to get better. Anything major seemed way to far-off for the way I felt.

For awhile, my goal was to brush my teeth. That was my entire goal for the day. If I could get out of bed and brush my teeth, I'd accomplished all I set out to do.

I moved onto taking a shower after that. Then I moved to doing a short workout. I'm sure you get the idea by now.

I'm out of the woods now, but boy, looking back it was a tough fucking time.

I'd also look into natural anti-depressants like Omega 3's and 5-HTP. Those have helped me also.

Good luck.
>>
>>16444561
Doesn't matter if you're bad, but the fact that you aren't enjoying it is way more worrisome.

How are you being treated right now? Are you on any medications, for example? Do you sleep and exercise enough, or just sit on front of your computer until 4am and eat shitty junk food? Is there anything in your environment that's bothering you (abusive people in your life, for example)? Additional info like this will help massively.
>>
>>16444555
Yeah I'm a retard for skipping that. Anyway, take whatever you can find, I had my first job at your age too. Then I got picky and sat on my ass for two years (with help from depression/anxiety of course). Any work is better than none, trust me it's a bitch to explain to employers that you were NEET for two years.
>>
>>16444569
Sorry for your loss, man. Thanks for the advice, I'll remember it.

>>16444570
I'm not enjoying it BECAUSE I'm bad. I haven't reaped any of the results that I should have from 6 years of experience so it's getting really stale haha

I see a counselor once a week and I take 20mg of escitalopram daily.
I sleep enough (maybe too much), I don't exercise a whole lot.
My diet is fine (perks of still living at home).
There're a lot of things bothering me in my life right now, but not much that I haven't already covered.
>>
>>16444569
Just a reminder for OP to NOT take 5-HTP if you're on SSRIs or any other medication that increases serotonin levels, or shit will hit the fan and you may die of serotonin syndrome or at least suffer from acute toxicity which can be a very unpleasant experience.

Also, make sure to take EGCG with it or it may damage your heart in the long run as well as upset your stomach.

Nootropics can be okay for self-medication but always be careful and do your research before taking anything.

Regards, >>16444570
>>
>>16444573
You're fine haha

I've had little spots of work here and there over the past two years so I've at least got references, but the problem is more the lack of available work in the first place.
>>
>>16444576
Fuck, I had written a longer reply but I accidentally erased it before sending it.

Your meds unfortunately make many supplements unsafe for you, but I suggest starting with making sure that you're not deficient in any vitamins (D in particular is common if you don't go outside or eat a lot of fish, but multivitamins can cover many subclinical deficiencies at once so there's that). Make sure not to take too much, though, because that can be just as bad as too little of them

Exercise also helps, but since you have low self confidence, I suggest not taking up anything too challenging. Just start by taking a ~20 minute walk once or twice a week depending on how much you can handle. That way you get some fresh air but won't be too overwhelmed and immediately drop it after a week or two. After, say, six weeks of managing to successfully do that, look up Cough to 5K, and start following that. It's a jogging plan made for lazy couch potatoes, and will give you some basic cardio and improve your physical condition, which just might help with your mental issues.
>>
>>16444616
Whoops, I meant Couch to 5K. Sorry.
>>
>>16444616
>>16444618
I take a vitamin D supplement and fish oil capsules.

The Couch to 5K thing sounds interesting. Will check it out. :)
>>
>>16444546
An hero on stream
>>
>>16444546
What the fuck kind of injury do you have that stops you from singing and doing labor?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.