[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creep vs. Regular Guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_inline_nkruh1fynm1qkcax6.png (59KB, 250x216px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nkruh1fynm1qkcax6.png
59KB, 250x216px
What separates a creep from a regular guy? Obviously appearance is one large one, but what are some other factors? Everytime I think about taking to women I'm afraid I'll be viewed as a "creeper". Most advice about talking to women on here boils down to confidence, but it seems that even that is nullified if you are defined as a creep.

I'm not sure if I actually fit that definition or not, but most people have said I have pretty average looks with an eccentric personality. I have a pretty shit self esteem though.
>>
Creeps jump the gun.

"Hey, you wanna do anal?" Is best saved for the fifth time you have sex, not the first date.

"I think I love you" is best said once she is completely yours.
>>
Creeps are guys who miss obvious social cues.
>>
>>16440798
It's easy to not drop your spaghetti that hard though.
>>
>making inappropriate comments about looks or sex
>excessive staring
>unwanted physical contact
>following other people around uninvited
these are things that make a creeper, to me, but as with everything it all depends on whether or not a woman is interested in you. You should be able to tell right away if your attentions are appreciated in her body language, if not her words.
>>
creeps are entitled, oblivious, give off bad vibes, don't understand personal space.
>>
Creeps are guys who are socially incompetent to the point where they make someone uncomfortable. It is not up to you to decided whether what you do makes someone uncomfortable, so don't complain that you were 'only' doing XYZ.

That's literally it, can we stop having this thread now?
>>
>>16440868
I was unaware that this particular question was frequent here
>>
Creep are chill

Regular HADD
>>
>>16440868
While that's somewhat true, shouldn't we have a bit more of a constructive attitude on an advice board?
>>
>>16441050
How? This board is mostly complaining and whining anyway
>>
Creeps get caught.
>>
>>16441050
Constructive criticism only goes so far. It only works if people are willing to listen and 90% of the time that isn't the case. 90% of the time people are looking for strangers on the Internet to agree with them to validate their shitty decisions in life.

And that doesn't warrant constructive criticism. If you're being a dumbass, you need to be told you're being a dumbass.
>>
I guesse...were do these labeled ugly people work?
>>
>>16440857
that doesn't help at all.
>>
Cool guy: hot as fuck
Regular guy: barely attractive male
Creep: ugly guy

Srsly you could use thew same pick up lines but what truly define you is how you look, you could say"i want to rape you" and if your attractive enough she wont give a damn, yet you could say "i like you" and be considered a creep if youre ugly
>>
Is it obvious that you are trying to get a girl to sleep with you? Are you lingering around people that aren't interested in you?

I've never had any success with girls that I had to try and seduce. It's something I did when I was younger because I thought I had to be forward and sexual to get anywhere. I'd hover around them at parties or send them suggestive text messages.

In reality I just had to enjoy spending time with a person and it would naturally grow from there. You can't try to deceive someone into liking you and if there is no chemistry then don't bother if you are looking for affection.

Of course some people are even creepier than that, which is just plain old creepiness. They like perverse things and making other people uncomfortable by the things they do and say.
>>
>>16440798
>I think I love you
>*think*

She's gonna write that *think* down in a book and hold it against you for the rest of your relationship.

Don't express uncertainty about your love for her, it will come back and bit you in the ass.
>>
>>16441580
You're right that an attractive male is more likely to receive a favorable response to most social advances compared to one that is unattractive. For this wee thing I define attractive and unattractive to be the broad consensus of people that place a relatively high value on personal appearance (a sizable population really, tough not to be concerned with appearances it seems).

So yes, an unattractive male is far more likely to receive a negative response to any social advance, let alone a poor attempt at one. The consequences could be minor if the female in question is a bit kind or soft-hearted, yet too attentive and concerned with appearance to accept the male's social advance. The consequences could be severe if the female wants to, for lack of better words, be a gigantic bitch or something similar.

But to say that an attractive person, even an extraordinarily attractive person can walk up to an average attractive female and say "I want to rape you", and receive a positive response? Consistently?

Damn, man. I can't imagine that happening. You, uh...just don't go around telling folks you're going to rape them. I live in a place where if you make idle threats like that, you're likely to get fucking ventilated with 9x19mm! And as horrific as that may sound, it is rather useful for maintaining order and respect for one another.

Your point has factual basis, to be sure. I understand and accept that. But don't count out the element of practiced or innate social skill. Your appearance will absolutely hinder or help you vastly or moderately in nearly every social encounter, much less romance.

>but what truly define you is how you look

A worldview that makes me worried, dude. We're smart fucking critters, you know that? We've been granted the ability to be able to do all sorts of crazy shit with our brains. Lot better than anything else on this rock, you know?

Put that shit to use!
>>
>>16440805
>>16440857

>obvious

No, creep is a buzzword.
>>
You're a creep when you're unattractive and doesn't do what society expects you to do, and that is, keep to yourself and never have relationships or children.

If you break these rules you're a creep.
>>
In my mind a creep is someone who treats talking to a woman as an ungodly task that's unachievable except by the select few.
Talking to women is pretty much the same as talking to a guy (in my admittedly little experience, being a beta and all that): if you're crude around your male friends then be equally crude around your female friends, if you're polite around your male friends then do the same for female friends, secluded around males then secluded around females, etc.
It's just talking for fuck's sake, it's not hard. If you piss someone off then you've still got approximately 6,999,999,999 people to try again with.
If it's for sex/ relationship then this doesn't apply for the most part, mainly due to the fact that these modes of conversing can be a COLOSSAL turn-off for women, and thusly you'll be ostracised.
In terms of physicality, shave any neckbeard you've got, dress in vaguely nice clothes (preferably with a set "style") and give it a go.
>>
Looking at least normal and being hygienic is a requirement to be not-creepy.
Other than that it's really just a matter of acting naturally vs forced and obsessive.
People will give you more shit for acting weird than advice on normal behaviour, but if you ask for help and keep trying, eventually you'll be just a regular guy.

NOTE: If you have legit ASS (e.g. aspergers) mention it when asking friends or friendly people for advice and clarity. It hels the understanding somewhat.
>>
2 things

1 handsomest

2 less important, it's confidence
>>
>>16440781

all we can really say is 'well, yeah' unless we see a picture of you.

if we see what you look like we can pretty much tell if ur a creeper from there, and things you can do to reduce creepiness.
>>
>>16441619
This
>>
>>16442024
In my experience women are way less open to crude/dark/offensive humor though
>>
>>16440781

being handsome
>>
>>16441619
Girls who do that aren't worth the time.
>>
It's all attitude and personality.

Creeps are socially inept and miss obvious social cues. They make forward comments, often sexual or relationship based, that are out of place or way too soon in a dating situation. Once labeled a creep ANYTHING you do from then on that deviates from the norm is considered "creepy," which is where the confusion comes in. Those initial creepy actions are what define you, not whatever is called creepy after you've been labeled.

Attractiveness people can still be creepy but the label is delayed based on how hot they are and the fallout isn't as bad.

One of my buddies looks like Chris Hemsworth. He can get a first date with any girl but hardly ever a second because he turns into a creep around girls he likes. He always gets ghosted. I feel sorry for the guy.
>>
>>16441623
>but what truly define you is how you look
>A worldview that makes me worried, dude.

You can see the logic in it though. You can infer things through it.

A fat, smelly person who wears an obscure meme t-shirt you can infer that this person has terrible hygiene, doesn't care about their health and is probably insufferable.

You can't cure super ugly but looking decent and presentable is a skill.

Obviously looks don't tell you everything about a person but they can give you a glimpse, even possibly an incorrect one.
>>
>>16442674
You probably have more extensive experience then (as previously mentioned, limited experience on this end).

This is probably talking out of ignorance but I haven't seen women act negatively towards crudity: if it's uncomfortable for them they'll usually change the subject/ tell me to stop, both of which make it fine.

NOTE: This experience has been with women who make it a point to self-identify as nerdy: one of them is obsessed with anime to the nth degree, and another is VERY much into Town of Salem and is fiercely introverted, another is into old Sega games, etc.
I hang out with weird people, hence the lack of experience and the beta status :P
But I made these friends from going up to them and saying hi. We started talking and got on rather well 'cause they could rabbit on about their passion and I could do the same. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I'm autism-ing so hard they're not sure how to react and I just haven't picked up on it. Either way, they were befriended by talking like I have to everyone else, and their gender didn't come into it beyond jokingly flirting during game binges/ anime binges (one of the women even said it kinda helped when she tried talking to her current boyfriend)
>>
>>16440781
Creepy qualities for males for me:
>dirty cloths
>heavy set
>short
>poor hygiene
>bad or weak facial hair
>missing teeth
>very dirty teeth
>small hands
>large head and mustache
>hyper
>too friendly
>wears sandals with a jacket
>cross eyed or wall eyed.
>inb4 racist
>dark skin, brown skin
>indians
>>
>>16440781

if it looks or seems like you're trying. Basically if you are talking to a woman especially a woman you don't know, and it seems anything like a normal conversation that isn't happening and flowing naturally, you're being creepy. In fact it can be worse in a way with women you know.
>>
>>16442773

This

I have seen several good-looking guys loose their spaghetti and totally failing to get the interest of a girl. I have tried it myself before I grew up a little and became more self-confident.
>>
>>16442933
>dark skin, brown skin
Thanks.....Thanks alot.
>>
I honestly don't approach girls for this very reason. I've had some success faking confidence, but I want someone who will like me for who I am, not who I am supposed to be.
>>
>>16443081
Not every girl thinks the way I do. Jus find yourself someone of your own kind.
>>
If you don't understand social cues and you cross lines consistently.

Lots of guys try to be "confident" to pick up women but end up coming off as creeps when they don't know where to draw the line.
>>
File: 1446094901916.jpg (45KB, 446x413px) Image search: [Google]
1446094901916.jpg
45KB, 446x413px
>>16441633
>>
>>16442933
>>
My personal sense of safety is huge when it comes to feeling creeped out. If I'm at a party where I feel safe and I know people, I'm less likely to be creeped out by guys. If I'm all by myself in a party full of strangers, I'm more likely to feel unsafe which then makes me more likely to be creeped out.

Other than that, I can get creeped out if a guy talks to me multiple times after I already tried to give him the impression I didn't really want to talk. I'm always polite, and honestly my social awkwardness can make me come off as cold sometimes even if I like talking to the guy. But if I don't really like talking to the guy and he sticks around, leading to just awkward silences and conversations, I'll start getting creeped out and want to leave.

Next biggest thing is when I catch guys looking at me and they look away quickly or don't smile when we make eye contact. It's okay to look at people! If you look at me and you give a small smile, I'm going to smile back. If I think you're attractive, I'm going to be trying to establish eye contact again.

Then the next creepy thing is turning a conversation sexual too soon, but by far especially when I don't seem to be acting attracted to the guy. That's a lot harder to explain, because every chick has different ways of showing she's into a guy, and friendly/polite behaviors for one girl might be flirty behavior for another girl, and vice versa.
>>
>>16442925
>I know nerds of both genders

You got lucky, I knew none of either gender and now, one the rare occasion I meet/see one they're socially adjusted.

I got cheated in life.
>>
>Obviously appearance is one large one
That's literally it.
Dumb? Miss social cues? Say weird shit?

If you're attractive: Cute, dorky, nerd (or kinky, depending)
If you're ugly: Pathetic, autistic, disgusting.
>>
>>16442024
>If you piss someone off then you've still got approximately 6,999,999,999 people to try again with.
No.
>>
Creep = Ugly

My little brother is a male model and demonstrated before. He could say the weirdest and most perverted crap that actual sperglords say to women and they would try to jump his dick.
>>
>>16442773
This is a fairly accurate description. And yeah, attractive people can be creepy. The scary thing is, some people seem perfectly normal, then you get to know them and they end up being weird and creepy.

>>16442838
>You can't cure super ugly but looking decent and presentable is a skill.
This is true. The sad thing is, a decent part of "super ugly" people could probably be fixed with just some basic hygiene, weight loss, hairstyle, and wearing clean/properly-fitting clothes. It would require more effort/money, but people can get their teeth fixed if they're an issue.
>>
I act super creepy sometimes when I go out. Like going to cafes by myself and I'll sit alone outside and just smoke and scowl into space for hours. A lot of women consider me really attractive but then a few consider me ugly. I don't get called a creep (I have incredibly good hearing, + people who are dumb enough to insult are more oblivious about it than they are not) nearly as often as I would personally expect (basically never), and the reason is not exactly looks or necessarily even behaviour. It's intelligence.

This will come off as very arrogant, or 'edgy', or perhaps downright wrong to those deep in denial of their own shortcomings, but I can stare at a person or behave in an otherwise completely creepy way and I know for a fact a lot of the times that 'creep' isn't the way they're evaluating what's going on. It's because I see through them but they can't see through me in the same way.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not really patting myself on the back here by saying it's a matter of intelligence, because the interaction still is basically a negative one, but it's just no longer creepiness which describes the negativity. Fear is a strong word but I notice a lot just a passive reaction to my apparent anger, one which doesn't have time to be considering things 'creepy', if that makes sense. Also maybe confusion, which is likewise to fast of a thing for the confusion to turn into being creeped out.

It could be authority I have from being a very tall and considerably good looking man, but the point should at least be made that intelligence or dominance or awareness plays a large part in it too. If a girl tries to label you as creepy but she can instinctively feel that you just aren't buying it in any way, shape, or form, then the descriptor 'creepy' gets the its ground pulled out from under it.
>>
>>16442933
I do not have any of the characteristics you listed except for heavy set. I am not just fat though, I am "strong fat". I can bench press over 405 pounds, my arms are rock solid, I have a V-taper...but I definitely need to step up the cardio.

Would most ladies dump me into the fat category?
>>
>>16443722
you sound creepy
>>
>>16443744
And you're already trying too hard.
>>
>>16441050
There's not much constructive to say about being a human being and taking account of another person's body language, hints, and words. If someone acts uncomfortable, leave them alone or you're creepy
>>
>>16441619
That's such bullshit, at first you don't love someone, then you start to think that maybe you might even love them one day, then you think you love them, then you know you do. Of course there is a point where you think you love someone but aren't sure. Why would anyone hold that against someone?!

I told my husband first that I "thought I might be falling in love" with him. I knew I already was in love with him, but I wasn't going to say that straight out - nothing wrong with keeping it a bit vague at first, it's considerate to give the other person a back out clause in case they are totally not on the same page with where things are headed.

It's a lot less awkward for everyone if they have to reject a "think I might be falling in love with you" than reject a straight up "I'm in love you".
>>
>>16443099
Or just look for someone who isn't a racist fucktard.
>>
>>16444645
What you're saying is valid for a woman but for men it demeans our self worth to not say things as they truly are.

>>16444650
She has every right to be racist don't take it personally Gurdeep.
>>
>>16444739
Having ' the right' or the capacity to do something doesn't stop you from being an asshole.
>>
>>16444827
You're the asshole who disrespects groups of people by stupidly thinking merging them together isn't completely unhealthy.

Fuck off with your completely false sense of morality twat.
>>
>>16444650
this upsets pajeet
>>
>>16443670
100%
Have you ever heard or seen of a creepy attractive person? Nope, they don't exist.

The only way you can be truly creepy in a non-physical aspect is by saying something downright insane to people like, "I kill people" or "Do you want to fuck, I have condoms in the back of my van". Of course that's creepy, but if you were trying to hit on a girl and you were incredibly attractive and you said things that weren't completely insane, you would most likely get her number or/and get some pussy.

That's why ANYONE here that is not in shape or isn't in the best shape possible should get in shape. Life is SO MUCH EASIER being attractive.

I'm super autistic in face to face conversations and miss social ques and generally don't know how to talk to people, but I lost a shit load of weight and gained a lot of muscle, started wearing clothes that I've always wanted to wear and I get laid with ease, despite being fucking weird. Girls just dismiss it as cute, funny, or quirky. However when I was overweight and had shitty clothing, girls felt uncomfortable around me.

A month ago, I literally started plowing some chick from my chemistry class after SHE sent a text saying she wanted to fuck me, out of fucking nowhere. That would NEVER happen if I wasn't attractive.

Don't get me wrong, pussy doesn't just fall onto your dick if you become attractive, but getting pussy and initiating conversations with people goes from 9 difficulty to 2.
TL;DR - Not attractive = easy to be a creep
Undeniably attractive = literally impossible to be a creep, everything is way easier.
>>
>>16444899
The reason why it's impossible to be a creep if you're model tier good looking is simply because the people you're saying those types of things to just aren't taking you seriously.

However, if you show symptoms of flat out autism over a prolonged period of time, and if you dress and generally don't look like you're legit autistic, then people will definitely find you creepy as all hell.

I know this one bloke who comes across as the most regular of guys when you first meet him, but over time being around him you slowly come to understand that there's something just completely off about him. I wasn't actually so sensitive to the idea of creepiness in general before having met him (let's be honest though, the bulk of the feeling is just an instinctive fear of the unknown and a fear of your own incompetence in dealing with a potentially life threatening situation, and that fear of the unknown is really 99% of the time just stupidity on the creeped out person's part.)
>>
>>16444650
Don't get angry because She's not into ugly
>>
>>16441057
>complaining about complaining
>>
Consider the following:
- Attraction for a women is far more focused on personality, emotion and social interaction rather than attractiveness.
- Ugly people get ugly by not eating right, not looking after bodies, smoking etc. It's rarely down to genetics.
- “If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” - Roald Dahl

Creepiness in my opinion is a buzzword used by females to describe males who they deem to be a threat to their safety or have low social value. So, to avoid being creepy, you should make the girl feel safe and show that you are chill dude (for most people this just means being yourself and not changing how you come across just because you're talking to an attractive girl).
>>
File: Lifting weights.gif (160KB, 1310x969px) Image search: [Google]
Lifting weights.gif
160KB, 1310x969px
Keep yourself clean, especially your hair and face. If you really can't talk to girls despite all efforts, the next best step is to be the guy girls want to come talk to. Hit the gym, bud.
>>
File: Milhouse_Future.png (214KB, 690x517px) Image search: [Google]
Milhouse_Future.png
214KB, 690x517px
>>16445386
Hitting the gym doesn't stop you being a creep, it just makes a stronger creep.
>>
people who watch shit tumblr cartoons
>>
>>16445354
>creepy is a buzzword

Holy shit dude, you were so close to a good argument and you fucked up at the end.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_naoefxCofu1ridz8x.png (69KB, 253x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_naoefxCofu1ridz8x.png
69KB, 253x245px
>>16445386
I like your picture.

Yeah I have been going to the gym, mainly weight loss focus though (cardio). I need a consistant lifting buddy.
>>
>>16445354
I think when women use the word creepy a lot of the times it actually has to do with the guy threatening the girl's social identity.

Not necessarily being above her in doing so, but just leading her to a place where she begins to question her actions and thus who she is. Obviously that's not an economical decision so she just passes it off as the vagary of 'creepiness' instead.

An example of this is in this post. This post makes those who are invested in this concept of creepiness question themselves, it opens up the possibility that creepiness isn't actually a real thing, just an illusion in place of something else, and those types of people will therefore see this very post as creepy, which affirms it indefinitely.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.