[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just Fired From Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: DiXJCkE.jpg (76KB, 744x881px) Image search: [Google]
DiXJCkE.jpg
76KB, 744x881px
The problem isn't that I'm mad, even though I
really am. It's just how should I tell my parents? It is my first time being fired, and I just don't know how to tell them. They were pretty proud of me, and they knew I was having troubles. So how do I tell them?
>>
>>16436652
Just do it. They should console you, you're the one affected by it.
>>
could always lie
>>
>>16436652
Be totally straight with them, they'll understand, it would have happened to them too and it's just a fact of life. Should you do this though, make it obvious that you are working towards finding another job which and that you'll learn from your mistakes.
What did you do to get fired? This is all anon so there is no reason to lie and people aren't very judgemental on adv unless you are a full on cunt.
Good luck mate!
>>
Thank you for all the support.
>>16436743
I already submitted an application to another job. To answer your question, it's complicated. My boss said I wasn't giving the job my "all". I really think he just hated me since I didn't give 100% attention to him and working. Also, I kinda have a bleakish outlook on life (although I try not to show it).
>>
>>16437008
Dude... I feel for you. Good luck on getting a new job.

My current job is shit, but it's all I have. We have a point system, where once you hit a certain number, you're gone. They keep me at one point away, because it means I can't move to another department. If I'm ever late, or something should happen and I get blamed, I'm out on the street.

Been looking for a new job, but it's hard when you're already spending 60+ hours at work, and it's what everyone recommends as "the best place in town".
>>
>>16437038
That really sucks to here. I'll be rooting for you.
>>
I assume that you guys have a bit of money saved up, you should really consider moving if your trouble job is considered the best you'll be able to get. In fact that might be the reason why they treat their employees like crap - because they don't need to compete with anyone else for workers.
>>
>>16436652
I've been fired from more jobs than I can count. I don't even tell my parents I'm starting a new job anymore until a month or two into it, in case it doesn't work out. They don't need to know the details. If they ask just say you quit because they weren't treating you right (low pay, slave labor, etc.).
Parents just don't understand how tough the job market is for a young person, they were born in a different time when jobs were fair and plentiful. Don't try to reason with them they'll just tell you you're wrong, even though they are the ones who are wrong if they're giving you shit about it. Fuck em.
>>
Was your termination justified? If yes, can your boss provide any tangible proof of bad performance on your part? If not, you can sue the company for terminating your contract with no justification.
>>
>>16437233
I'm not sure. He said that I wasn't "fit" for the job.
He also said that I should have known most things on the menu, even though the items were right there on the computer in front of me.
This is sorta true that I didn't know all the things on the menu, but he said he would give me one more day to learn it and when I came in on that day he said he would have tested me or some shit like that.
So I come in that day (today), and we were really busy. Reminder this is my second week on the job. I'm still fairly new, but I'm getting the hang of most things. Anyways, I do my work (taking orders, answering phones, cleaning) and I think I'm doing a decent job. I ask a few questions, nothing major, and I'm pretty sure they were things I was never told anyways.
So after my shift is done, my boss calls me over and hands me my first check of my time being there, and he's like I don't think you are fit for here, your attitude doesn't fit well with others (bullshit claim), and you should have known (insert random question I asked) by now. Even though I was never taught it. He didn't test me to see if I learned the menu (which I have by now) or anything. He just assumed I was clueless and didn't know it.
So do you think me being fired was justified?
>>
File: 5 bucks.jpg (9KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
5 bucks.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
>>16437233
Wait, what? No. Unless an employer (in the US, mind) violates specific federal or state acts that govern protected classes of employees, they can fire your ass because they want. In Right-To-Work states, this is doubly so. Most menial work is considered 'at will' even outside RTW states, anyhow.
I work for a company located in a right-to-work state. I will occasionally fire new hires or stragglers because they don't fit into the work culture I prefer to maintain. As a result, I have phenomenal productivity, worker satisfaction, promotion, and retention of quality skillset figures.
>>16436652
>16436652

Also, OP, you need to quit being a fucking pussy. Being afraid to tell your mommy and daddy that you fucked up is OK when you shit your pants at age 5, but as an employable person, you might want to consider growing either balls or a spine. It might even help you at work in the future. You fucked up. Own that shit.

I've been fired. I was bemused by it. "I guess I didn't fit in" was pretty much all I said to my parents. Granted I was 13 and working on a commercial fishing boat.
>>
Need some help guys, didn't want to start my own thread

I work in web dev while still at school, boss told me to do that something needed to be redone on monday afternoon and I only had a half day on tueday then i was going on leave to study exams. I didn't manage to finish it all in time and I told my supervisor that on tuesday but now I got angry messages from my boss telling me that he doesn't think i'm committed to the company and we need to have a chat.

Am I fucked, what do I do I've only started there pretty recently. I don't think i did anything wrong but i think he wants me to come in on weekends when he knows I have school commitments and doesn't respect that I want to have a life out of work. I could get another job pretty easily but I don't know the ramifications for my resume since this job is somewhat (im compsci) related to my field and it might look bad only having a couple months in before leaving. If I don't get fired what should I do? I don't think i'll be able to look at him/the job the same again.
>>
File: 1446362504371.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446362504371.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>16437305
If your unhappy, leave dude, quit and when you get that job in the field you want and they ask just say "I was in a toxic work environment and I needed to focus on my school in which I told them, but they didn't listen and treated me wrong" that's important because it's for your dream, and sometimes dreams have pitfalls where your trip and wake yourself up, but you can still make it, do your best anon!
>>
>>16437331
Its not really that I'm unhappy there, I just think he doesn't respect that I focus on school more than the job (especially with finals in this week) and I'm pretty upset that he decided to pull this a couple days before I have finals. I guess I'll find out what happens when I talk to him but I was going to remind him that I am a student.

thanks for your help anon
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
>>16437233
You can FILE a lawsuit even if you got fired for trying to kill your coworkers. Likewise, a judge can throw your lawsuit out even if you were fired for protecting your life. Judges don't ask permission before they enter their rulings.
>>
>>16437008
>My boss said I wasn't giving the job my "all".
> I didn't give 100% attention to working

Well, it sounds like you two are in agreement. What is the issue here?
>>
>>16437257
You were on probationary status. He can fire you for being ugly, having one too many freckles, or because he spun a dial and it landed on you. There is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>16437257
Without actually being there in the situation, none of us can rightfully claim if your termination was justified in an ambiguous moral/ethical sense. Far too many variables and opportunities for error.

Everyone's in agreement that it is irrelevant, though. I highly doubt there's any sort of "contract" like some people assume there is when this seems to be a restaurant job you got canned from. Service positions= "right-to-work"

You really want to engage in damage control and mitigate loss of your parent's pride in you?

Work your ass off and land an interview in the next few days for something (assuming that you're going for another entry-level gig) and then tell them you got fired.
>>
>>16436657
>tfw your parents never consoled you as a child and instead reinforced the fact that you're an idiot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.