[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone have more like this style?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: sty.png (350KB, 625x800px) Image search: [Google]
sty.png
350KB, 625x800px
http://imgur.com/a/GTprX
>>
>>784455
It's by Forview
Here's a link to the current comic
http://scrubdiving.thecomicseries.com/
>>
>>784455
style of art or style of story?
>>
Gimme some context on the link you posted. On one hand, hats off to the author for trying to make this relationship actually concievable, on the other, each attempt at that comes weighed against 1001 tropes of standard Male-Gaze lesbian fantasy. Oh look, one is infantalized and needs protecting, yet both are the same age. Oh look, they go from friends to...gasp...something more. They're even the two predominant male fantasy body types, one rail skinny the other curvy.

This was better content than literally any other thread I've ever read on this shit board but this author frustrates me around what he's trying to do. This could be a decent character study and instead it's this weird downspin-questionable content
>>
>>786539
Like on one hand it's going for this slice of life high school thing that in my opinion never really works. Ultimately high school relationships are defined by their happenstance. People brought together by the random luck of geographic distribution. In this comic we instead see a degree of instant familiarity and comraderie that renders it implausible.

As a straightforward romance the story never quite succeeds because there is never tension. There is never any question as to their eventual coupling, so the thrill is gone
>>
>>786549
Think about romance novels
That fantasy succeeds because it's
fundamentally constructed around a
simple comedy of manners.
We have two characters who don't
like each other and the game for
the author is to find a way to
bring them together and make
them bang. That's what makes
the fantasy hot. The reason
Draco/Hermione is so popular
is in fact its implausability.
If an author can construct a
conceivable situation for the
two of them it carries with it
a huge amount of tension,
making the eventual payoff
stronger. This story never
has that propulsion. Yet the
author is clearly talented and
clearly concerned with more
than just writing something to
jerk it to.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.