[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ prefer realism or idealism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: deconstruction.png (148KB, 1024x472px) Image search: [Google]
deconstruction.png
148KB, 1024x472px
During the last 10 years or so here, I've noticed the trend and tide turning against enjoyment of watching the ideal. People nowadays seem much more interested in seeing characters portrayed "realistically". Back when I started watching anime, lucky star came out, a girl who just like you plays video-games, obsesses over her favorite anime, vn and figures, she has friends and even though she seemingly has had a rough life, is happy and content. Now it seems that people enjoy watching those similar to them, without friends, obsessing over the same things they like while falling deeper into the horrible realization that the life they lead isnt that great.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>162087583
I think it's completely the opposite. The industry is full of more blatant wish fulfillment than ever. Issakei dominates.
>>
>>162087583
Both are shit, all anime is shit, just make a fucking good one for Christ's sake
>>
>>162087642
>. Issakei dominates.
>isekai
>literally my fucking life sucks and I died
>I am only happy after i died and left the world
i dont think you understand my point
>>
>>162087723
But it's not realism. It's the pinnacle of "look at me, I get to be awesome!"
>>
File: oppai.png (348KB, 389x734px) Image search: [Google]
oppai.png
348KB, 389x734px
>>162087682

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28825/Himouto_Umaru-chan

Checkmate, fella.
>>
File: um.jpg (43KB, 283x416px) Image search: [Google]
um.jpg
43KB, 283x416px
>>162087583
Why not both?
>>
File: Disgusting.png (75KB, 314x350px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
75KB, 314x350px
tomoko has much worse things to worry about than her friend liking her
>>
>>162087583
Realism, from that perspective.

But more than that, something that focuses on otaku, specially socially retarded otaku.

NHK>Genshiken but Otaku no Video>all.
>>
>>162087583
There was a TTGL vs Lucky Star fanbase war back then so that shit is nothing new (I know neither are realistic but still).

I like ideal and realistic and believe both should be rated by their own standards (I don't expect realism to be ideal but it has to be realistic, I don't expect the ideal to be realistic but I expect it to be ideal).
>>
>>162087583
Maybe the more miserable people become, the more we want to see characters like us work it out and hope we can do the same.
>>
>>162087583
Both Konata and Tomoko are good.
>>
I like both because im not fucking retard that sees everything in black and white
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.