[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: A.png (268KB, 844x360px) Image search: [Google]
A.png
268KB, 844x360px
What was I supposed to feel during this scene?

When Guts stood by as Griffith talked about his dreams? Am I missing the point? Is there a point?
>>
>>162069710
Cucked. If you didn't feel cucked it's because it's your natural state and you've gotten used to it
>>
>>162069848
That's frustrating
>>
>>162069710
you're supposed to feel bad for guts because he's had a hard life and now his best friend is talking shit about him behind his back
>>
But was Griffith actually speaking truthfully there?
I always thought that whole scene was just him trying to impress the princess so he goes off on this tangent about dreams and how he can't respect people who would rather latch on to someone's dream than their own. I didn't think he was being serious, maybe slightly but at the end of the day he would still consider Guts a friend. Or at least that's what I believed
>>
>>162070710
He was serious, because it always was the way he saw others. He did not realize that his own viewpoint changed until Guts "abandoned" him.
>>
Was Griffith a sociopath?
>>
>>162070951
No.
>>
>>162070975
How was he not?
>>
>>162070817
That's kinda funny, changes that scene a bit for me now.
Even if Miura never finishes Berserk I'd be okay because he did a flawless job up until the Fantasia arc.
>>
>>162069710
I haven't watched the movies, but in general this scene is supposed to teach you more about Guts and Griffith as characters.

Griffith justifies all of the people that die for him through his quest for power, and this scene shows off his great ambition and why so many would choose to follow him. It also explores the loneliness of power that great leaders like Alexander of Macedonia felt when no one else seemed to think of the world on the same grand scale that they did.

From Guts perspective, he realizes that the way he has been living his life hasn't ever had any intention beyond surviving up to this point and contemplates himself and what his goals are because of this.

He respects and loves Griffith and starts considering that he will need to change if he wants to receive the save kind of respect from Griffith.
>>
>>162069710
This is the only good scene in the entirety of Berserk
>>
>>162071051
He lost his sanity during the torturing part, and subsequently seeing guts frolicking with caska when he was a cripple. Up until then he may have been a pretty ok.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.