[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Urusei Yatsura worth watching all the way through? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: lamu.jpg (72KB, 400x497px) Image search: [Google]
lamu.jpg
72KB, 400x497px
Is Urusei Yatsura worth watching all the way through? I'm a few episodes in and it seems like it's pretty much just silly episodic nonsense, which is all well and good but there's a TON of it, between the show and the movies. Is it more of an "it was revolutionary at the time" sort of deal? As it stands, it feels kind of like if I've seen one episode, I've seen them all.
>>
>>162031346
Stop trying to marathon it as fast as possible. It's perfect when you watch one episode a day, or a week even.

If you don't like episodic series, you shouldn't be watching it.
>>
>>162031346
Try reading the manga.
>>
File: 1463725679016.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463725679016.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>
I watched 1 or 2 episodes b/f going to bed over the course of a year and this felt like the best way to watch it. The best of the series is probably the first 100 or so episodes and the first 2 movies. Not that the other stuff is bad tho.
>>
>>162034367
This is good suggestion. The manga is really fun too and you can go at it at your own pace.
>>
File: mpv-shot0073.jpg (209KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0073.jpg
209KB, 1280x960px
>>162031346
I'm on episode 150 atm and to be honest I've enjoyed season 3 the most. Don't know why but I end up despising any epiosdes that revolve around Nip history and folkore and that are centered around a character outside of Ataru's class. Anyone else feel this?
>>
Yes, it's amazing. The series doesn't really get going until after the first season though.
>>
How can one character be so based?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMgO8q1Dmm4
>>
>>162032894
>>162035730
>>162035153

Sounds good, I'll ride it out, then! Would you suggest the same kind of approach for Rumiko's other stuff (Ranma, Maison Ikkoku, etc)?
>>
>>162036860
Maison Ikkoku can be watched in high volume because it's heavily centralized around character development.

As for everything else, no.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.