/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What age did you grow out of FLCL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: flcl.jpg (267KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
267KB, 1600x1200px
What age did you grow out of FLCL?
>>
Never watched it, so I guess 6 months from now
>>
>>161974717
after I stopped thinking it was deep/confusing but before I could appreciate it for what it is and its amazing production.
>>
Once I grew out of the stupid idea that anime has to be mature, I then appreciated FLCL.
>>
Reminder that if you ever thought flcl was deep then you are a brainlet
>>
>>161975043
Same here
>>
>>161976612
But my """coming of age"""" story
>>
>>161974717

I only laughed at it one time, even when I was younger. The exact scene was when the guy in the mouse suit started yelling, "Smooch!" The rest of the show is disguised as deep, but is actually no deeper than a constant stream of sex jokes.

It's pretentious trash that I didn't even like as a twelve year old, much less now that I'm older. The only good song is Ride on a Shooting Star. The animation is okay too, but I can still only give it a 3/10 because it's horribly unenjoyable.
>>
It's still my favorite anime. I don't think there's anything deep, really, it's just a coming of age story that felt very poignant to me when I first saw it in middle school. A lot of my fondness for it comes from rose-tinted glasses now, but despite that it'll always hold a special place in my heart
>>
>>161977134
>The only good song is Ride on a Shooting Star
Gave yourself away.
>>
25, still haven't outgrown it yet. I really liked that it was 2 stories at once.
>>
>>161977137
I don't think there's anything wrong with this. People are always obsessed with building things up or tearing things down in an objective sense but isn't how it affected you the most important thing despite how others loved or hated something?
>>
>>161977498
I guess, you can be objective or subjective with a lot of things so I don't see why not.
>>
>>161974717
Never man, still boot it up and watch it every now and then.
>>
>>161977937
there's nothing wrong with being objective on things itself, but too often people seem to worry about how their feelings about something dont match up with any kind of objective rating. What I'm saying is I understand nostalgia gives us bias, but whats wrong with that.
>>
I grew into it. I appreciate media aimed at or about teenagers more as I get older. Back when I was a teenager myself, I was too pretentious to enjoy them because I was desperate to appear mature, but now I respect what they accomplish.
>>
Honestly I enjoyed the contrast between silly and "deep". How there was meaning to be found but with plenty of red herrings and tongue in cheek jokes about what the show actually means.

Mostly it was just the impression the entire anime leaves upon you that makes it great
>>
File: flcl smoke.gif (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
flcl smoke.gif
170KB, 640x480px
The show isn't a "deep" show, its a simple coming of age story with a unique approach. If you ever said this was "2deep4u" then yes it literally was too deep for you, which is sad because its a rather simple story.
>>
File: Dumb new FLCL girl.png (78KB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb new FLCL girl.png
78KB, 728x410px
Do we really need a reboot/continuation of this?

I mean considering that the original was a Coming of Age story (to teach the kids at the time about their adolescence), why does Gainax need to recycle the same premise and practically retell the whole story over again just because some manchildren are nostalgiafagging hard and crying for a reboot?

Seriously? Fuck off with this show.

"Cute" girl, by the way. I'm sure she'll have a couple /u/ scenes with Haruko.
>>
>>161978621
Samurai Pizza Cats?
>>
>>161978453
>Will never have an afterglow smoke with Mamimi.
Fuck.
>>
File: Why even live.jpg (239KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Why even live.jpg
239KB, 1280x960px
>>161979284
Iktf bro, you will never even get to hold best girl
>>
>>161974717
I haven't watched it since it was on Adult Swim, and I was too naive back then to understand any of the "deep" stuff. All I remember is guitars, stuff coming out of heads, hot brown skin girl, eyebrows, and class president girl wearing pajamas and getting all up in MC's face on his bed.

I watched it because the girls aroused me and I had an easy time inserting myself as the MC. Probably because I was about the same age.

Should probably rewatch at some point.
>>
>>161974717
About three episodes in.
>>
I watched it for the first time when I was 17-18 and thought it was retarded and annoying outright.
>>
>>161977134
If you think FLCL is "pretentious", congrats! You're a legit dumbass
>>
It is a coming of age story, but also a story about first love.
>>
>>161978453
>a simple coming of age story
That was why I hated FLCL. Great animation and style completely fucking wasted on the blandest coming of age story imaginable. Compare it to something like NGE or Gurren Lagann, where the characters have inner struggles in addition to ones that are far greater than themselves. I would probably respect FLCL a lot more if it's style reflected the story being told more, but Tsurumaki probably isn't capable of that.
>>
>>161977006
It is that

I'm more annoyed at the binary opinion that FLCL can't just be adequate/mediocre, but it HAS to be a masterpiece or pretentious garbage that needs to be hated with burning passion.

I guess it's one of the more influential anime for western audiences but the level of obsession the series get from both parties is ridiculous.
>>
>>161981607
>blandest coming of age story imaginable
i don't think we watched the same show
>>
>>161974717
never. it's the most perfect work of audio-visual art ever made. not a single frame out of place.
>>
>>161981753
Southpark bit was weird.
>>
>>161981607
I think you are confusing length and value
>>
>>161981765
it's a reference to a western animated show, and the show is in part about globalization, industrialization, and the effect western influence had in japan of creating an exciting expansive world.
>>
>>161981153
You are even worse if you believe the opposite
>>
File: 1502074231241.gif (576KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
1502074231241.gif
576KB, 500x306px
Am I the only one that sees a lot of "Ta-kun's" in this thread?
>>
>>161982007
You mean unnecessarily angry teenagers who really have nothing to be angry about but feel frustrated anyway?

That's just 4chan
>>
>>161981814
Wow it's as if there's only 2 ways to view this and there exists no other 3rd viewpoint! If I disagree I must have the exact opposite opinion as you!
>>
At what age did you grow out of trying to act grown up by "not relating" to commentaries of adolescence?
>>
>>161974717
You can never outgrow best waifu
>>
File: 1352313539205.gif (404KB, 250x161px) Image search: [Google]
1352313539205.gif
404KB, 250x161px
>>161974717
I still love it. English dub is still 10/10. Always end up rewatching it every few months out of boredom.
>>
FLCL isn't deep in the sense that it requires an excessive amount of intelligence to understand, but I do think it affects me on a deep level (emotionally/mentally) so it feels like more than it is.

It's so well made i'm awestruck every time I watch it and i've watched it at least 20 times.
>>
What's with all these newfags starting FLCL threads? Are they trying to save face for being 14 years late?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.