[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shut Hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: shut_hell.png (2MB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
shut_hell.png
2MB, 847x1200px
Shut Hell is the perfect woman.
Also what was the point of the isekai stuff? This would've been identical had it been straight historical fantasy.
>>
>>161872852
The pacing makes no fucking sense, the art is all around, she changes from shy to badass in like a day, also why the fuck was there a woman in the Tangut army?
The name is stupid as fuck too
And lastly yeah, the isekai shit makes no fucking sense, like most everything in that manga.
>>
>>161872917
I think once it gets into the swing of things, everything is fine. Yes it's a little odd that there's a woman in the Tangut army and nobody bats an eye, yes it's weird that she has the only out-of-place fantasy name in the historical fantasy, but it all falls to the wayside once the adventure beings proper.

Also Shut Hell is a great name. Fuck you.
>>
>>161872852

>Isekai

Please explain
>>
>>161872852
I guess the main point of the isekai was so MC-kun could give the shota hope for the future. And conversely, to show how the world of today would be a little bit poorer if the shota failed.
>>
>>161872852
is she Mulan?
>>
>isekai

I agree. Maybe it was an editor choice because isekai stuff was popular?

>>161873684

No she is Sorghaghtani.
>>
>>161873886
>2009
Isekai wasn't that overblown and popular 8 years ago. It started with it.
>>
>>161873911
Are you insane? Isekai is at least as old as Rayearth (1994) and probably older than that, since IIRC Dunbine counts. Go educate yourself.
>>
>>161874063
I meant that the manga started with the isekai element and it wasn't a spur of changing demographics preferring isekai LN/manga/web novels etc. which was like 4-5 years ago when a TON of it flooded.

I assume the author had plans to do something with it when MC went back the first time but IIRC this manga had a hiatus awhile back.
>>
>>161873424
The framin device is that some modern-day Japanese shmoe is the ancestor of Shut Hell and somehow relives the temporally-displaced memories of the feral Chinese woman, changing the past (and present) as a result of his actions while possessing her body in the past. It's not quite reincarnation, but it's pretty damn close.

Of course this barely affects the plot at all.
>>
>>161874192
The manga's finished. The Japanese isekai protagonist has some very limited effect on the plot as sometimes he assumes control of Shut Hell and other times he's the reason behind her magical undeath prowess, but he really doesn't end up affecting very much.

I was very relieved at the happy ending.
>>
>>161874231

it sound like just a time travel for me
>>
>>161874297
However you want to put it, that entire aspect of the story turns out to be completely pointless.

It's weird because it's there from the start and does have a resolution, but boy is it unnecessary.

Also raises the question of how close family has to be before sexual relations are considered incest, but I'm assuming that Yurul and Shut Hell had a dozen kids to spread their genetics around the centuries.
>>
>>161874063
I don't think it was as popular then though.
>>
>>161874356
>that entire aspect of the story turns out to be completely pointless.
I disagree. See >>161873681
It raises the stakes for us, the readers, by showing that the struggles of these heroes of the past did indeed affect the world we live in.
It also compliments the romance (especially if their descendants are actually their reincarnations, as I think was implied.)

>I'm assuming that Yurul and Shut Hell had a dozen kids
Wasn't she like 40 by the time they finally reunited for good? Well, maybe the time she spent as a zombie doesn't count.
>>
>>161874536
>Wasn't she like 40 by the time they finally reunited for good?
I don't think so? She was fairly young at the start, and not that much time passes. She's probably still good to pump out children.

Plus if half of them end up retarded and deformed, well, par for the course for Mongolians, no?

I think by basically being historical fiction about extant peope, the influence she has on the course of history is enough. Plus Shut Hell and Yurul are eminently likable, it's enough root for them and their lofty ideals to give the story a little bit of weight.

Their descendents are definitely their reincarnations or somehthing close enough. But I don't really see that as necessary to the plot. Since their characters aren't established, I don't care about the modern day reincarnations. However, with all of the obstacles our heroes have to overcome, I was really invested in Shut Hell and Yurul getting together.
>>
>>161873886
How historically accurate is this story anyway?
>>
File: 0090-021.jpg (526KB, 1704x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0090-021.jpg
526KB, 1704x1200px
>>161874702
>not that much time passes
I just checked the last chapter. They reunite in 1232, 20 years after the events of the story proper. So they'd better not waste any more time. I'd like to think they fucked right then and there in the trench.

>I think by basically being historical fiction about extant people, the influence she has on the course of history is enough.
That's true, maybe I'm underestimating that because I'm a filthy gaijin who'd never heard of any of these people (besides the big G, of course.)
The only other thing I'd like to say on this subject is that for me, seeing that the language actually had disappeared in the future really hammered home the fact that an entire culture was at risk of being swallowed into oblivion, like the Library of Alexandria.

>I was really invested in Shut Hell and Yurul getting together.
Oh god yes.
>>
>>161875102
Huh. I guess they did get old. Well, if they were based on notable historical figures, apparently they got it on like rabbits, and Shut Hell turned out to be one of the most important mothers in history.
>>
>>161875102
That's probably for the best because knowing that modern day Chinese survived from that time undermines the tension somewhat.
>>
>>161874296
is it translated somewhere?
>>
>>161875489
Yes. You can find it anon, I believe in you.
>>
Would this have been more or less popular with more /ss/?
>>
>>161872852
>>161872917
>>161874231
I'm going to bet the author or the editor packaged it as a isekai to jump on the bandwagon while originally it wasn't supposed to be one at all.
>>
>>161875983
This series is pretty old though.
>>
File: img000008.png (607KB, 1078x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000008.png
607KB, 1078x1600px
I loved edgy Shut Hell and I loved sweet Shut Hell.
It was great how we could get both in rapid succession.

After a while I didn't even mind the Jap dude taking over because at least he had lesbian sex with Veronika.
>>
Yuan dynasty was a mistake.
>>
>>161874231
Reminds me of those weird chinese novels.
>>
File: remove mongols.png (2MB, 2094x1316px) Image search: [Google]
remove mongols.png
2MB, 2094x1316px
My favorite moment was probably when Shut Hell and Harabal finally teamed up to massacre droves of mongols.
>>
File: chinaimaginedbyjapan.jpg (45KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
chinaimaginedbyjapan.jpg
45KB, 256x363px
>>161875983
Isekai is much older than what the current fad indicates.
As a matter of fact it used to be really popular, and it still somewhat is, with shoujo manga/games.
>>
Am I the only one who found "shut hell" as two words dumb. I'm pretty sure that this was even mentioned in the story that it's mongolian for demon and it's not english, yet whoever scanned it type it out as two english words that were phonetically similar instead of using the translated meaning or the original term.
>>
>>161876373
I wonder if it was meant as Shout Hell, as some kind of bastardized Screaming Devil.
>>
>>161874231
Descendant, not ancestor.
>>
>>161874356
The shota became kublai khan. He got enough kids to fill a book.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.