[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

>You have to play a shitty 2006 vn to enjoy the Fate series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 505
Thread images: 91

File: Fate-stay_night.jpg (82KB, 230x326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fate-stay_night.jpg
82KB, 230x326px
Umm yeah not doing that.
>>
Your loss.
>>
Feel free to fuck off.
>>
>>161811049
what does the year of a vn have to do with anything
it's not like the medium is evolving
>>
File: typemoon.jpg (609KB, 1588x1134px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
typemoon.jpg
609KB, 1588x1134px
>>161811049
>>161811645
Fate/stay night
https://www.mofumoe.org/content/fatestay-night

Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]
https://nyaa.si/view/427133
realtapatch.tumblr.com/

Fate/hollow ataraxia
https://www.mofumoe.org/content/fatehollow-ataraxia

Fate/strange Fake
http://humbertozero.tumblr.com/post/150696689780/how-to-read-fatestrange-fake-light-novel-read

Tsukihime
https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/1705201

Tsukihime PLUS-DISC
https://www.mofumoe.org/content/tsukihime-plus-disc

Tsukihime Fun Disc: Kagetsu Tohya
https://www.mofumoe.org/content/kagetsu-tooya

Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
https://mega.nz/#!38YgRTIS!hXliYFjdKtYvtMYd9M2Az2HuigizUvNtpYMOAurmyXY

Rips of TYPE-MOON's PC games
https://mega.nz/#F!BA4yHYoT!NwGVKj4q9Z1vnpKlYY-4UQ

TMDict, a compilation of Nasuverse dictionary entries
http://tmdict.com
>>
>>161811049
>Shitty

Stopped reading right there. Fate/Stay Night (VN) and Fate/Zero (LN) are the only good things in the entire franchise.
>>
>>161812576
How can anyone commit to this much of one franchise?
Played tsukihime a decade ago and will play fsn but unless I'm blown away fuck the rest except melty blood
>>
>>161811049
Most of this board is used to digesting garbage so it's not like it really matters.
>>
>>161811049
You had to make a post about how you're not going to do something?
>>
>>161812640

I'm up to day 6 in the VN. Maybe I would enjoy it if 90% of it didn't consist of info dumps.
>>
>>161813278
If it didn't info dump how would you know whats going on?
>>
>>161812802
Well, Realta Nua is just a re-release of FSN with voices and shit. It also removes the H-scenes but you can patch 'em back in.
Ataraxia is a fan-disk thing so you go into that like right after FSN if you enjoyed it.

I don't think reading Strange Fake is needed.
>>
>>161813278
the Fate route is easily the worst of the three, because it needs to establish the world and is thus very info-dumpy.
>>
>>161813278
Wait until the 10th day comes or something close. That's when the Fate route goes full throttle.
>>
>>161811049
> you have to watch a shitty 2015 anime to enjoy the fate series
seriously though, you can enjoy other things that don't require previous material
>>
File: 1504292168565.jpg (36KB, 481x315px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504292168565.jpg
36KB, 481x315px
>>
>>161811049
I mean this is honestly fair, it doesn't help that the VN is longer than the Bible
>>
Fate Zero was my first anime and it's still my favorite one, but I never read Stay/Night or read the VN. Is it worth reading even though Zero spoiled me a lot of stuff?
>>
>>161815018
>>161811049
Or you could just stick to UBW TV, wich is a really faithful adaptation and will give you everything you need to know for the HF movies, wich will essentially complete your knowledge of FSN. You'll still lack Fate, but it's the worst route anyway so you're not missing much beside best girl.
>>
>>161815110
>UBW is good adaption of the VN
>Cuts away all of Emiya's internal dialog, which is roughly half the game and his characterization
>cut where Shirou decides to buy food for Saber and while doing that meets Ilya’s maid, Leysritt. He helps her buying meat
>A lot of the dialog is completely made up and never occurs
>cut a lot of the silly humor out and gave it a more serious tone
>VN had a clear progression when Archer was dropping his backstory to Shirou and Saber, from his life to his death. Talks about how he slowly adopted the "kill one to save many" mentality while alive, his regret over his ideal betraying him, and then his contract with the World and subsequent despair after death.
>The anime somehow misunderstood this and almost completely skipped over the first part. Archer talked about how he was taught the "kill one to save many" after becoming Counter Guardian, then explains how he made his contract, and then talks about his work after death. Almost everything related to his life as a human was skipped over.
>Lancer didn’t just prick Shinji with his lance like in the anime, he almost cut off his arm. The arm is barely attached in the final scene in this episode and Shinji notices how useless it has become, so he dreams of everyone losing both of their arms, and him collecting them, so he can feel superior.
>>
>>161812802
>blown away fuck the rest except melty blood
>>
>>161815154
Yes UBW wasn't perfect, but it's still a good adaptation. After the DEEN ones Im not going to be picky.
>>
>>161811049
Just watch Kaleid, it's the only enjoyable series from fate
>>
Just play Grand Order, Nasu said it is the new starting point and the best thing he ever did.
>>
>>161815459
TM™ is letting you know that your payement has arrived on your account. Thank you foryour work promoting TM™'s Fate/Gand Order™.
>>
>>161815154
>Leysritt scene

Optional, are you retarded
>>
File: 1464051116766.png (183KB, 602x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1464051116766.png
183KB, 602x720px
>secondary doesn't want to read
just
>>
help me out here I've seen F/Z, UBW, few eps of Apocrypha and never read/seen anything else. How barely am I into the fate universe?
>>
>>161817432
see >>161815187
>>
File: 1405783637143.jpg (4MB, 1346x10000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405783637143.jpg
4MB, 1346x10000px
>>161817432
Well it looks like you fucked up anyway.
>>
>>161817503
>>161817599
jesus christ, well first thing on the to-do list is pick up the VN. Wish me luck anons
>>
File: 1474333272717.png (430KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1474333272717.png
430KB, 1280x720px
>>161811049
>Make a thread to say I don't want to read a thing
>>
>>161815089
Not really, Zero's use of FSN's concepts are a lot more interesting. Also, it has a terrible translation and Nasu's written better stuff anyway.
>>
>>161811049
And why do you want to enjoy the Fate series in the first place if you don't want to get into the original material? Just watch another series instead.
>>
File: 1432488987805.png (128KB, 319x362px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432488987805.png
128KB, 319x362px
>>161818792
>Zero's use of FSN's concepts are a lot more interesting
>>
File: vajrEiU.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vajrEiU.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>161818792
> Zero's use of FSN's concepts are a lot more interesting

nani
>>
tried going through the vn, a week into it i was bored out of my mind. it takes way too long
>>
>>161818905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsWMjLWP5eE
>>
>>161812802
You know you don't have to consume every piece of fate right?

I just got done with FSN about a week or so ago, just finished Fate Zero today (I don't know why it's so fucking hyped up, I was expecting more) and I'm gonna read Hollow Ataraxia. That's about as far as I feel like getting into the franchise.
>>
>>161818988
>americans
>>
File: 1487559204949.jpg (26KB, 332x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1487559204949.jpg
26KB, 332x300px
>>161818792
>Zero's use of FSN's concepts are a lot more interesting

Nigger what
>>
>>161819021
I don't get why people try to force gatekeeping so badly for T-M stuff. Everything is so wildly different that it's impossible to enjoy literally everything.
>>
>>161819232
Well yeah especially since most of their recent stuff sucks.
>>
>>161812802
The thing is that what the other person posted is nowadays just a tip of the iceberg, trying to play everything in Nasuverse would be rather demanding, but you can probably get through what was posted in relatively reasonable fashion.
>>
>>161819021
Because most of the people who got on board with zero never read the visual novel, so they didn't understand that fate zero with repeating the same themes with a slightly different lens, so it was all new and shiny to them.

>>161818792
It doesn't even use half the themes. We only see the negative side of idealism in Zero and never see the positive ramifications
>>
Just watch Fate/Zero
>>
File: witch of culture.png (428KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
witch of culture.png
428KB, 1024x576px
>>161819021
Same here, every faggot has been telling me to watch Fate/Zero and ignore F/SN because it's not as good. It turned out to be the opposite, I enjoyed Fate/Stay Night more than Fate/Zero. I'll wait for the voice patch for Hollow ataraxia to come then I'm done with Fate. I'll probably play Tsukihime after that.
Sakura best girl
>>
>>161821204
Is Zero as edgy and shitty as the anime? Only planning on playing FSN right now.
>>
>>161811049
What exactly did you hope to accomplish with this thread?
>>
>>161812576
FSN https://mega.nz/#F!Ls8lmRaY!eEugmqoaDvgHIw9jrgzaBg
FHA https://mega.nz/#F!YsMExJRZ!VlBKuXGFC_I2O-sELqzmjA
Melty https://mega.nz/#F!lgtjiabS!mC3B7x_AoR8pqP7lK-IW-g
Tsuki https://mega.nz/#F!h51nzC6S!5T9zfPETV764eJNx5YHu5A
>>
Not to derail the thread to much but anyone know if there's someone referred to as the fisher king.
>>
File: 1504212013151.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504212013151.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>161820076
>trying to play everything in Nasuverse would be rather demanding
but they don't make games anymore.
>>
>>161821789
Edgier. Still at least worth watching just so you can see Gilgamesh, Kiritsugu, and Kotomine do some dope shit
>>
File: 1496178141671.jpg (47KB, 447x589px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1496178141671.jpg
47KB, 447x589px
>>161822186
>They don't make games anymore

the tsukihime remake is never going to happen, is it?
>>
>>161822376
If it does, it'll be a mobage.
>>
>>161815154
>cut where Shirou decides to buy food for Saber and while doing that meets Ilya’s maid, Leysritt. He helps her buying meat
Most of your complaints seem to be about completely inconsequential stuff, this being the worst offender.

Protip: "they changed something, therefore it's bad" is not a logical argument. You have to actually explain what's bad about the change.
>>
>>161822186
Pretty sure they stil make mobile games.
>>
>>161815154
Your list was shit until this
>so he dreams of everyone losing both of their arms, and him collecting them, so he can feel superior.
The VN is now at the top of my todo list.
>>
>you have to play a shitty VN to watch a shitty anime
Sounds like a shitty deal.
>>
>>161811645
I mean, at least in the technical ascpects it has evolved since 2006, compare F/SN with Nekopara Vol. 3 for example.
>>
>>161817599

>4 days

>Just FSN

I'll just stick to FGO then.
>>
>>161824576
Disgusting.
>>
File: 1420992693439.jpg (51KB, 800x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420992693439.jpg
51KB, 800x600px
>>161824576
>I'll just stick to FGO then.
>>
File: img_visual.jpg (329KB, 930x645px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img_visual.jpg
329KB, 930x645px
>>161811049
>have to learn japanese to enjoy the best part of the franchise
Why is this allowed?
>>
It's better not to.
The games blow
The VNs blow
The anime blow
Fateshit fucking blows and ruins the quality of the board by a large margin with 5 fucking threads at any given time
>>
>>161824780
>learning Japanese for CCC and not for Mahoyo
>>
>>161824780
Extra is fucking terrible
>>
>>161824810
Mahoyo isn't part of Nasuverse canon (i.e. fate) so nobody cares about it.
>>
>>161825013
I just want more Aoko.
>>
>>161811049
>itt secondaries with the attention span of a 3 year who don't want to read
Obviously it's impossible to adapt a 80 hour long vn in 24 episodes. The VN will obviously be better.
>>
>>161826613
It would be more accurate to say adapt an 80 hour long VN in 51 episodes and 3 movies. But you're still right.
>>
>>161811049
>you have to play a shitty mobile game to enjoy the Fate series
>>
File: Shikisaber3.png (368KB, 512x724px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shikisaber3.png
368KB, 512x724px
>>161822423
We have saber Shiki. Only a matter of time until ruler or berserker Arc comes out.
>>
File: Arcueid_scan.jpg (3MB, 2303x3304px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Arcueid_scan.jpg
3MB, 2303x3304px
>>161822376
>w-we're still working on it! Geez.
>>
Can someone give me a quick run down on the Type Moon multiverse
>>
>>161827750
It's Sabers all the way down
>>
>>161827784
Is Tsukihime safe or did other releases in the series saberfy it?
>>
File: 1374785774406.jpg (329KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374785774406.jpg
329KB, 1280x800px
>>161829130
>other releases in the series
Don't play with my heart like that anon.
>>
File: 1503840388761.jpg (81KB, 897x398px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1503840388761.jpg
81KB, 897x398px
>>161829130
You tell me, anon.
>>
>>161829193
Does this mean I shouldn't bother with +disc and kagetsu tohya?
>>161829316
Fair.
>>
>>161829768
>Does this mean I shouldn't bother with +disc and kagetsu tohya?
No, you absolutely should. However, all of the Tsukihime stuff was made long before they started milking Fate.
>>
>>161824576
I assume that's for slow readers. I can get through 1000+ page novels in half that time.
>>
>>161824806
go back to your waifu threads then
>>
>>161824831
Extra universe is the only part that isn't shit desu.
>>
>>161830007
Well keep in mind that voices will slow you down.
>>
>>161814403
what the fuck. that is shirou's model. did they make this shit just for fate bait?
>>
or just watch kaleid and phantasm and skip all the boring edgy crap.
>>
>>161830345
You can't skip voices? I'd rather just read it like a normal book.
>>
File: 1431925934816.png (54KB, 177x182px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431925934816.png
54KB, 177x182px
>>161830549
>skipping all the great voice acting
Come on now.
>>
File: 1504143531739.jpg (22KB, 334x218px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504143531739.jpg
22KB, 334x218px
>>161830549
You can, but the voices are too good that they will seduce you to listen to them.
>>
>>161811049
>best or second best entry in the entire fate franchise
better just not get into it.
>>
>>161830578

Maybe he doesn't want to hear senpai thousands of times.
>>
>>161811049
>you have to read a shitty novel from 1997 to enjoy Harry Potter

Do you see how retarded you sound? Literature is timeless. Nasu's a hack and Fate/Stay Night is okay at best, but the release date of something has nothing to do with its quality.
>>
>>161817937
>>161824576
Don't worry anons, it'll all turn out good. It took me 3 weeks to finish the VN, with me only playing at nights but i got there. I do not regret it, was amazing. Now im reading ataraxia (about 80% done) then going to rewatch zero and CP (maybe tsukihime somewhere in there? TBD). It's a long journy but you can do it too!
>>
>>161822068
im going to have to start calling you angler.
>>
>>161830892
Watch CP after you play Tsukihime, it'll make it more enjoyable since it makes jokes about it.
>>
>>161830796
>Harry Potter
Can't you think of a better example? Like just pick some good English book from the 1700s or something.
>>
>>161824780
has it not been translated?
fuck
>>
File: 1436338790697.png (208KB, 829x594px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1436338790697.png
208KB, 829x594px
>>161811049
>>
>>161831025

I went with something with an extended universe and visual media like Fate has, since part of the argument against reading the VN is that there are other avenues to get the same story, even if it's truncated and misses almost all of the nuance.
>>
File: FateAtaraxia.jpg (178KB, 846x874px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FateAtaraxia.jpg
178KB, 846x874px
>>161831022
yeah thats what im thinking, but i still on the fence about it. is tsukihime long compared to fsn?
I NEED TO KNOW
WHAT WAS IN
THE BOX
B L O N D H A I R
>>
>>161827494
Where did Arc's ass go
>>
>>161831147
Tsukihime is quite a bit shorter despite having more routes. It's partly because there are no voices, but also there's just flat out less words. Just read it senpai. It's got that cool early 2000s chuuni atmosphere.
>>
>>161831022
CP has very little to do with Turkeyhandle, its mostly Melty Blood references, which is far removed from the far side stuffs.
>>
>>161830892
I fucking hate newfags like this. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped since Fate is so damn big
>>
File: 1503630442577.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1503630442577.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>161831147
It's quite long but not as long as fsn. You can complete it in 40 hours. The art and old engine may put you off. But you'll get attached to the story pretty quick since it's very good.
>>
>>161831284
I dont think you know what the words in your post mean. If anything, im a filthy secondary, not a newfag. Secondly, has someone hurt you?
>>
>>161831406
I mean, how the flying fuck have you not finished a VN that's been translated since 2008? Especially since it's so popular. Also, the way you type just makes you sound like a huge fag.
>>
>>161831130
But the HP movies are good
>>
>>161831478
Maybe he's not a filthy neet?
>>
>>161831514
Not really. They butchered a lot of shit.
>>
>>161831478

fate faggots really are autists, aren't they?
>>
File: 1b1k1ie14hjz.png (1MB, 1024x721px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1b1k1ie14hjz.png
1MB, 1024x721px
Anons, did you first get into the Fate series by watching any of the animes or playing the VN?
I started getting interested in the series around the time Fate/Zero aired but most people told me to play the VN first so that's what I did.
I'm glad I didn't just watch Zero first like most people did because it would've spoiled so much about Heaven's Feel and the Fate infodumps would have been so boring if you already knew it all.
>>
>>161831855
I thankfully read F/SN without knowing a single thing about the series. The Fate route exposition is a lot more interesting when you literally have no idea what it is even about.
>>
>>161827750
Notes/Angel Notes
- All the mana in the world is gone, Gaia has died out, humanity still holding on. Before her death she summoned the Ultimate Beings of other planets to come kill the survivors for outlasting her.

Tsukihime
- Weak human foundation, heroic spirits can't be summoned. As a result, the Dead Apostles (essentially vampires) gained power, eventually creating the organisation Dead Apostle Ancestors consisting of the 27 strongest
- Story focuses on Shiki Tohno as he return to his childhood mansion featuring cute maids and tsundere imouto.
- Near side routes deals with external events/factors like Nvrnqsr Chaos and Roa
- Far side routes deals with the internal household drama

Kara no Kyoukai
- Confirmed alternative universe to Tsukihime, not sure if its in the same "line" as Fate or not. Certain mixed (demon) blood families in Tsukihime are just psychics here.
- Story is about Mikiya Kokutou and his relationship with the "murderer" Ryougi Shiki, as she come to term with herself and her nature.
- One of the earliest Nasu stories, so a lot of concepts/chara design are recycled from here.

Fate
- Strong humanity foundation, HS can be summoned, DAA never formed, but the members still exist.
- Stay Night covers the 5th, Zero the 4th.
- Apocrypha deviated from the main timeline after the 3rd war.
- Strange Fake is ..somewhere, but its here for sure.

Grand Order
- Heroic Spirits
- Major deviation somewhere. The first Fuyuki Grail War is in 2004, instead of the 5th. Ended conclusively with a winner.

Fate/Prototype
- Male King Arthur/Mordred, female Merlin. Different universe altogether.
- Fate/Labyrinth is a sidestory to Prototype, but its another universe altogether.

Fate/Extra
- Botched ritual gone wrong in the 70s (implied to be the Dark Six summoning ritual. Dark Six is a member of the DAA). All the mana in the world is gone like in Notes
- The moon contains a large ancient supercomputer, most magus has digitized themselves and moved there.
>>
>>161831855
I watched Fate/Zero first without knowing anything about the series because my dumb friend was all "hurr this is so cool muh Gilgamesh". Of course the ending confused the fuck out of me and he couldn't really explain it either.
Read FSN after that and greatly enjoyed it.
>>
>>161811049
But OP think of the hentai!

It was so good even Nasu want's to forget about it.
>>
>>161831478
haven't ever bothered majorly with fate , or anime in general till recently.
>>
>>161831993
>Tsukihime
>- Weak human foundation, heroic spirits can't be summoned. As a result, the Dead Apostles (essentially vampires) gained power, eventually creating the organisation Dead Apostle Ancestors consisting of the 27 strongest
>Fate
>- Strong humanity foundation, HS can be summoned, DAA never formed, but the members still exist.
Isn't it switched? Alaya is weaker than Gaia in Fate, so HS exist to defend humanity (Grand Servants)?
>>
>>161832145
Congrats, you're a newfag. Now lurk more or get the fuck out
>>
>>161832238
Nah. Heroic Spirit are the symbol of humanity, a weak foundation world can't summon them, and is likely to get pruned (going by Extella's world line pruning)
>>
>>161832251
Or what, you're gonna call the board police?
>>
File: 1504355659843.jpg (1017KB, 1118x1536px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504355659843.jpg
1017KB, 1118x1536px
Nasu on HF True: It (Normal End) was the only conclusion considered at the time. However, after writing about 2/3 of it, I found that the story itself did not allow such a conclusion. After that, I wrote the original conclusion, and then followed the story and write the happy end. Since this was Shirou's tale of happiness after losing so much, even if Saber and Illyasviel were lost, at least he should let Sakura achieve happiness. And this was the conclusion. Even though Sakura indirectly became a mass murderer, there was no reason to deny her of happiness. I came up with this idea that if one were alive, it was not bad to redeem him/herself while looking forward to happiness. Even though this was hypocrisy, I felt that the story itself strongly demanded this possibility. To be honest, it was the first time that I lost to the story I wrote. Yes, its plot was created with porn in mind.

Takeuchi: The image of those worms became too strongly attached to Sakura, and I think we did a pretty mean thing to her. ...We're making "Fate/hollow ataraxia" now, but even in that, there's been talk of how it'll be hard to dispel Sakura's negative image...

Nasu: Aww, I don't think there's any need to dispel it, though. Isn't it alright for worms to just be part of Sakura?
>>
>>161831855
Started with the Fate/stay Night anime then after that played all of the visual novels/games.

Waiting 5+ years English patch for Mahoyo.
>>
>>161824780
>>161824831
Fate/Extra CCC is Nasu's best work, easily. He described this as the culmination of the entire Fate franchise, and he wasn't kidding. No Holy Grail War bullshit, just the base themes of HF and ataraxia taken further than ever before in a new context (and with plenty of original material and characters to keep it fresh). It's too bad you have to play the mediocre Extra to get to this, because CCC is really something special.

And it's hard not to get attached to CCC in some way thanks to the great cast - every character is larger than life while retaining a genuine set of values at their core. A large portion of the game is devoted to exposing what makes characters tick and behave the way they do, and Nasu manages to not only make the characters interesting in their own right, with some sort of meaningful arc for nearly every character in the game, but to tie all of it together in the end with a central message about the nature of "love" that delivers a more than satisfying conclusion.
>>
File: Kinoko_Nasu.png (319KB, 817x817px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kinoko_Nasu.png
319KB, 817x817px
>>161832811
>Nasu: Aww, I don't think there's any need to dispel it, though. Isn't it alright for worms to just be part of Sakura?

Wow Nasu is a bit of a savage.
>>
>>161832935
And translation never
>>
>>161820653
>>161818965
>>161818905
>>161818792
>>161821789
FZ resembles Heaven’s Feel the most and that’s no surprise, since the writer is the one who made stories like Saya no Uta or Madoka (apart from FZ purposely resembling Heaven’s Feel). Melodrama, lots of violence, meaningless suffering and whatever you are complaining about all happened in FSN, too. FZ ends where FSN begins.

To be frank, I don’t know why or what you are exactly critisizing or why you are so pissed off. Give concrete examples that make you feel uncomfortable when seeing FZ compared to FSN. And what is the status quo that is bugging you?
>>
>>161832978
Maybe you should provide examples of what FSN concepts you think F/Z handles better
>>
File: 1447490430161.jpg (668KB, 1693x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447490430161.jpg
668KB, 1693x1200px
F/sn uses the HGW as a backdrop for the characters and themes, which nasu excels at. All the other fate spinoff are just DUDE SERVANTS FIGHTING LMAO, which is fun but not as memorable. There's a reason why /jp/ has had fate threads like every day for the past 10 years.

Fate/Stay Night is different from the later spin offs of the concept because the everything in the story had a *purpose.*

The point of bringing in mythological heroes was to ask the question "What makes a Hero?" and tie it to Shirou's own character arc.

Even the magic in the story exists to advance the theme. It's not just there to look cool (though it *does*) but each character's magic abilities is also a reflection of their character and personality.
>>
>>161833030
What was the deep meaning behind Saber sucking cock?
>>
>>161832251
Congrats, not only do you not know the meaning of the word, you're also a bitter cunt
>>
>>161832978
Every single character in F/Z is as deep as a puddle. It's OK for what it is (backstory on the 4th grail war + action), but let's not pretend it's better than the real deal.
>>
>>161833059
Not even the King of Britain can resist the D.
>>
>>161833030
I wonder what kind of magic basend on my character and personality I would have
>>
>>161833030
>for the past 10 years.

Only up until 2012 ish when it was declared Fateshit was EOP garbage and not welcome on /jp/
>>
>>161833059
To sell the eroge.
>>
>>161833059
Why do you jump from someone talking about a story having good character arcs to a "hurr 2deep4u" strawman?
>>
File: 1504361227185.png (678KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504361227185.png
678KB, 1440x810px
>>161832958
Meanwhile, on 2chan's Fate threads..
>>
>>161833059
This is bait, but the serious answer would be this >>161833117

The sex scenes were bolted on to appeal to a wider audience.
>>
File: 1487797035724.png (167KB, 540x304px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1487797035724.png
167KB, 540x304px
>>161830369
>>
Why did Sony make TM into a money making scheme instead of the company it used to be?
>>
>>161833634
are you new to business? a company IS a money-making scheme.
>>
File: 1401986072531.png (381KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401986072531.png
381KB, 1280x720px
>>161811049
Placing Heaven's Feel as the last route was a mistake.
After UBW i had already achieved the ultimate happy ending and had no wish to continue.
I barely paid attention to anything in HF.

In most mediums i would have scoffed at a silly happy ending like UBW good end, but in Fate you as the player is basically trudging through each possible path and gruesome end trying to find a way out of the mess Shirou finds himself in. It's only fair that out there somewhere you'd eventually find a happy outcome. It's the perfect follow up to Fate's bittersweet ending too.
>>
>>161833894
>liking UBW Good end
pleb
>>
>>161833634
Would you like to take a guess?
>>
File: nWJ0U3o[1].png (654KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nWJ0U3o[1].png
654KB, 1600x900px
>>161833951
I honestly do feel like a pleb for liking it.
But i just can't help myself.
>>
>>161833997
Why do people like HF true while hating UBW Good? They're both Harem ends.
>>
>>161834066
Because HF is objectively superior to UBW in every aspect.
>>
>>161834066
It's not so much the harem aspect as whether it feels deserved
UBW Good felt like it just kinda came out of nowhere for the sake of having a good end, like Tsukihime's Arc Good.
HF True only happens because of Ilya's sacrifice, which is a compelling endpoint to the whole grail war thing.
>>
File: 1503178990527.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1503178990527.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>161834066
Because HF had more suffering and pain compared to UBW. Which is why after all the sadness, people wanted an ending where the cast is happy. It's the route where Shirou throws away his ideals to save the one he loves, unlike UBW where Shirou reaffirms his ideals.
>>
File: 1348623747691.png (269KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1348623747691.png
269KB, 640x480px
>>161813278
>any kind of Japanese media, in particular anime
>not expecting exposition hell because japs don't understand the concept of "show: don't tell" and subtlety
>>
>>161834180
>HF True only happens because of Ilya's sacrifice, which is a compelling endpoint to the whole grail war thing.
And that's why HF True it's the best conclusion to the VN. Last Episode ruins it completely.
>>
File: 1480378929728.gif (1018KB, 460x259px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480378929728.gif
1018KB, 460x259px
>>161815187
Where is carnival phantasm?
>>
>>161834259
KIMI TO
>>
>>161834205
>>161834180
>>161834250
I guess my problem with HF is never caring that much about Sakura and Rider
>>
>>161833894
I agree that either UBW good or HF true are the best, but i'd have to disagree about the order. Playing through HF and seeing how hard we fucked sakura not literally in ubw and fate was fucking depressing
>>
>>161834216
>not expecting exposition hell because japs don't understand the concept of "show: don't tell" and subtlety

Why not?
>>
File: KIMI TO.gif (3MB, 299x168px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KIMI TO.gif
3MB, 299x168px
>>161834291
>>
File: KIMI TO.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KIMI TO.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>161834259
>>161834721
Get with the times grandpa
>>
>>161834250
last episode doesnt feel like an ending, more of a happy little extension to fate
>>
File: sad.png (82KB, 500x496px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sad.png
82KB, 500x496px
>>161834731
I'm not that old
>>
>>161834760
t. tiger
>>
File: palette swaps.jpg (2MB, 981x3914px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
palette swaps.jpg
2MB, 981x3914px
>>161829130
>>
>>161834777
Shiki really wanted to be Shirou but then again who doesn't
>>
File: 1501633096974.jpg (30KB, 750x757px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1501633096974.jpg
30KB, 750x757px
>>161834777
>asians and europeans look identical
>>
No you don't. Just watch the shitty anime adaptations
>>
>>161834795
>but then again who doesn't
anyone with a functioning brain
>>
UBW anime already exposed fate. Just watch Zero and forget about this shitty franchise, don't let them meme you into reading the VN, you will regret it.
>>
File: brain problems.png (22KB, 623x371px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
brain problems.png
22KB, 623x371px
>>161834811
>>
>>161811049
>reading type-moon shit
>ever
>>
>>161833277
o h shit i didn't even realize that what the fuck.
>>
>>161812640
Agreed but you're forgetting Hollow/Ataraxia (voice patch out this month) and Prisma Illya
>>
File: 1404334063248.gif (1008KB, 500x326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404334063248.gif
1008KB, 500x326px
>>161834876
>Prisma Illya.
>He serious.
>>
>>161834928
It's actually good
>>
>>161834876
>out this month
fuck
im almost done it
>>
>>161811049
I've never played the VN nor watched the deen anime and I post on most /a/ fate threads and also shitpost on /fgog/.
You don't need to play it
>>
it (the visual novel) honestly isn't worth reading in the existing English translation unless you're still in High School, have an extremely high tolerance for mediocre English, and/or can deal with numerous pacing and repetition issues which would make an entry-level English-major blush with embarrassment. Tsukihime is even worse in that regard, though it has other aspects which elevate it nonetheless.

>>161834876
Prism Illya is not good

>>161834977
>I've never played the VN nor watched the deen anime and I post on most /a/ fate threads and also shitpost on /fgog/.
this pretty much sums up the great majority of TM's fanbase these days
>>
>>161834954
I watched the first season and all it was is pointless loli trash that ruined Illya as a character.
>>
File: 1503810673670.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1503810673670.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>161834977
What the fuck you're not even a secondary. You're some kind of Quaternary.
>>
>>161835003
Kaleidfags will tell you it gets better, but they are confusing quality with contrast and the latter parts of the series would be deemed merely "ok" if it were in anything else
>>
File: 1501729953187.jpg (315KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1501729953187.jpg
315KB, 1280x2160px
>>161834216
>Japanese make a "show don't tell" anime.
>Baka gaijins complain because they don't understand it with cries of "pretentious !".
>>
File: 1448593965232.png (112KB, 594x483px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448593965232.png
112KB, 594x483px
>>161835029
They won't fool me, friend.
The first season showed me all I needed to see.
>>
File: 1497757618198.gif (1000KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1497757618198.gif
1000KB, 500x375px
>>161811049
So what's the deal with different fate stuff having different authors? I can't imagine that is conducive to sensible or consistent lore and worldbuilding.
>>
>>161834977
Just because you're retarded doesn't mean everyone else should be as well
>>
>>161835076
We're not here for the world building we're here for the Seibahs
>>
>>161835076
Only the prequel and a couple of spin-offs had different authors. The main stuff is written by one man, and he supervises the stuff written by the different authors.
>>
>>161835076
it's not like it's anything new. KT and HA had lots of guest writers with most of the SOL being written by people who weren't Nasu.

Higashide and Sakurai are fucking hacks though and only Narita is any good
>>
>>161835028
The adaptations aren't of secondary though, so it's sort of in-between, 1.5ary.
>>
>>161835133
Nasu hasn't really done anything noteworthy all on his own since Mahoyo.
>>
>>161835249
>implying FGO didn't turn amazing as soon as Nasu started writing it
>>
File: arcueid2.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
arcueid2.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
i did the arc route for tsukihime and it was a really good read(expect for that cringy sex scenes and the SHIKI bs) but i really dont give a fuck about ciel that much so try to give me some motivations for her route?
>>
>>161835249
>Forgetting Extella
>>
>>161835326
That's exactly what I'm implying, yes.
>>
>>161835329
It will open-up the best routes (Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku) for you.
>>
File: )))sanity.jpg (80KB, 680x535px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
)))sanity.jpg
80KB, 680x535px
>>161832811
>Nasu: Aww, I don't think there's any need to dispel it, though. Isn't it alright for worms to just be part of Sakura?
Absolute madman.
>>
>>161835353
You're wrong
>>
>>161835352
Extella is a hodgepodge of some of the most cringe-worthy writing I've seen him submit, can anyone else say, "waifu-pandering?" And also Sakurai was a heavy collaborator anyway, so it wasn't a solo work.
>>
>>161835329
I remember the fight against evil Shiki being cooler in Ciel's route
Also she's secretly a badass, but you probably figured that out
>>
File: 1504127984107.png (134KB, 338x314px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504127984107.png
134KB, 338x314px
>>161835329
The routes of Arc and Ciel are the near moon of Tsukihime, so try to complete that part before going to others.
>>
>>161832811
Wormslut BTFO.
>>
File: 1503624084905.png (87KB, 366x374px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1503624084905.png
87KB, 366x374px
>>161835393
i played melty blood so i kinda get thats shes a christfag but idk she dosent seem apealing, hanging out with arc on the other hand was really charming she really is a funny vamp
>>161835427
after i finish all the Tsukihime shit on my backlog i have to start the fate train idk if im ready for that shit yet.
>>
>>161835329
Yep, I agree. Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku routes were a 10/10 for me while Arc and Ciel routes were a 5/10.
>>
File: fuckinglovingit.png (2MB, 1482x1562px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fuckinglovingit.png
2MB, 1482x1562px
>>161832811
>Nasu: Aww, I don't think there's any need to dispel it, though. Isn't it alright for worms to just be part of Sakura?
Wormslut confirmed.
>>
>>161835479
Well Arc is still around in Ciel's route, there's even a silly harem end with the two of them.
>>
http://www.fatestaynightusa.com/

THEATER LIST FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>161835479
Arc has some good scenes in Ciel's route, but it's mostly repetition and not really worth it.
>>
File: arc.png (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
arc.png
121KB, 500x500px
>>161835489
i liked arc as a charcter thou she was fucking great
>>
>>161832935
English translation never
>>
>>161835597
Her route is actually much better in the (canonical) manga.
>>
>>161834969
how do you find it thus far?
>>
>>161834865
what's wrong with Shirou's UBW model?
>>
>Nasu: At first I'd aimed for CCC to be something that can be enjoyed on its own, even more so with Extra. And that Extra can be enjoyed even more with CCC, like Fate/hollow ataraxia to Fate/stay night. But as I wrote the scenario, I became aware of a desire to state the "answer" of the Fate series, which has been continuing for almost ten years now. After ten years, I finally realized that "this is what I wanted to say with the Fate series." If I'm able to complete this, then there'll no longer be anything left for me to say.

Why did he lie?
>>
>>161835326
The only singularity even close to overall nasuverse quality is Babylon, because it at least resembled a coherent story closer to original nasuverse themes. And even then that's like, 7/10 at most when stuff like FSN, FHA, CCC, Tsukihime, KNK etc are practically between 9/10 and 10/10.

First Five singularities are literally barebones mobage stuff that in many ways exemplify the worst of what was done to Nasuverse and contradict the original ideas it had. Say Pandering five times really fast.

Sixth is just fanservice to all the zero "fans" who bitched how Saber is not "Kingly" enough. Not to mention the worst gameplay encounter design ever. Considering where it is set at I expected something cool and more in line with Zero and FSN stuff and all I got is anime as fuck fantasy tropes.

The "finale" singularity was some of the most brain-numbing juvenile bullshit possible. Asspull after Asspull, while at the same time shitting one of the most hyped things in old nasuverse.

The remnant singularities are just plain average. Not as bad as first 5 or final one. Nowhere near seventh.

And even Seventh's strength is overall premise, presentation and story. certainly not characters. The only remotely decently written character is Roman and even then that's average as all hell when compared to characters like Shirou, Illya, Shiki, Saber, Shiki, FSN Archer, etc. And even with the things that are cool about it it is as far from Nasuverse as it can be and way into all chuuni high fantasy shit instead of mature contemporary fantasy stuff that most of nasuverse was grounded in.

And again that's 1 story arc out of entire mobile game. That is like saying Apocrypha is one of the best because Moedred's fight was cool and volume 1 is decent.
>>
>>161835778
Why did you mention Shiki twice?
>>
i just hope when it comes to the inevitable FGO collab, they don't use the cancerous redesigns
>>
>>161835507
cool i can drag my friends to a movie that they will not possible understand
>>
>>161835730
>this is what I wanted to say with the Fate series
>Gilgamesh as a servant

Makes sense
>>
File: Arcueid.jpg (3MB, 2300x3300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Arcueid.jpg
3MB, 2300x3300px
>>161835836
They will and you'll love it.
>>
>>161815187
This shows exactly why Grand Order is garbage. Laziest cashgrab I've ever seen.
>>
>>161835899
at the very least they gave her boobs back. i'd be willing to compromise if they just gave the vents back and got rid of the stupid necklace.

honestly, it's a real shame they even allow Takeuchi to do art anymore. he's painfully limited despite Koyama holding his hand through practically everything and his peak was in 2011.
>>
Fate is ok, UBW is pretty great and I haven't played HF yet. Is there any other Fate media worth investing in other than Zero?
>>
File: TM_Timeline.png (206KB, 2200x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
TM_Timeline.png
206KB, 2200x1200px
>>161815187
I thought this was the latest one.
>>
>>161811049
Then don't?
>>
File: 1503181266692.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1503181266692.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
>>161821965
What is this?
and how do I download and play this?
>>
>>161835899
Inferior slut, begone.
>>
>>161835978
Not when there's no line coming out from the 1st war where "someone" wins and starts the FGO timeline
>>
>>161831855
Is that the movie art?
Why did they not change the Rhinos?
Ufo's new anime, that samurai vs zombies shit, doesn't have rhinos. Neither did Tales of Zestiria IIRC.
>>
>>161836057
Something tells me Akko wouldn't understand the Fate series anyway.
>>
If HF is so good, why did they wait a decade to animate it?
>>
>>161835641
Bretty gud
>>
>>161835973
Apocrypha
>>
>>161836262
They adapted parts of it in the FSN anime, and ufotable had other stuff to do first
>>
File: 1502388930901.jpg (113KB, 401x401px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1502388930901.jpg
113KB, 401x401px
>>161836262
Because Fate/Stay Night is a 3 part story. You can't adapt the final route without adapting the first two routes.
>>
>>161836278
>Apocrypha
Hahahahhahahaah
Don't do this.
I recommend strange fake and ataraxia. Extra series once it's done and maybe prisma illya
But, even if you don't want to do any of those
WATCH CARNIVAL PHANTASM
>>
>>161836262
We needed UBW to flesh out Shirou's character.
How is him sacrificing his ideals going to have the gravity it has in the VN if the audience doesn't know how central to Shirou's life those ideals are?
Without UBW, HF is about a guy throwing away a childish and pointless dream for a girl.
After UBW, HF is about a guy throwing away his very essence for her.
HF literally shits on all the character development the VN built over dozens of hours in the previous routes, it's a dark twist to an already fleshed out story. If you don't know that story, how are you going to appreciate the insanity of everything you know about the cast and context being turned upside down?
>>
>>161826613
Not really, the Fate route moves like molasses. Shiro spends more time in the kitchen than he does in battles and when people aren't gobbing exposition at each other they're mainly talking about food.
The VN format is a nightmare because it tends to cover every single uneventful thing in some bland asshole's life in order to get to the good stuff.
>>
>>161836262
Because the series needed to fall out of DEEN's grasp and into the hands of a competent Sakurafag director, or we would have gotten some absolutely rushed shit that fucks up the characterization.
>>
>>161836539
Shirou throws nothing in HF he just heals his stupid trauma in a different way.
In UBW he internalizes it and makes it its own strength, in HF he gets rid of it and actually does what he wants to do without being bound by guilt.
>>
So what nobody has a DL link for the steam version of MBAACC. Fuck steam.
>>
>>161835973
HF, Ataraxia, Zero.
>>
>>161836677
Shirou is not traumatized, those war vet scenes that that imply he has survivor's guilt or some shit like that are an Ufotable original addition.
In the VN he doesn't get his ideals after he survives, he gets them years later, the day that Kerry dies. He didn't even consider the whole hero of justice thing until he was told by Kerry it was his childhood dream.
>>
>>161815187
Again, fix your fucking chart. Strange Fake takes place after Hollow Ataraxia.

>>161835978
Holy shit what the fuck are you doing jesus christ
>>
>>161836057
Extract and run the exe.
>>
File: 1476742325188.jpg (3MB, 2543x4011px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1476742325188.jpg
3MB, 2543x4011px
>>161817599
What are you basing those play times on? Like I need to eat, shit, do my Fate/GO dailys and knock a few out to Rin's feet and that's just on my days off.
>>
>>161835778
>>
Thinking a lot about picking up and reading the F/SN VN, though I've already watched F/Z and UBW. Is it worth it?
>>
File: milk.jpg (54KB, 400x299px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
milk.jpg
54KB, 400x299px
>>161835326
>on his own

Fuck you, too many cooks spoil the broth. Nasu did write some worthwhile stuff for FGO, but that doesn't mean the rest of it magically goes away. FGO is not his project, it's a joint effort to shill other writers so Fateshit can keep expanding even more without care for quality or who's beyond the content you're consuming, as long as it keeps abusing the same Servant gimmick.

It was ruined the moment they decided to make it a Servant-focused mobage with gacha, and no amount of Nasu writing will ever fix it. He'll either move on to his own projects at some point, or TM will never be as good as it once was and simply keep churning out half-baked garbage, which is far more likely.
>>
Near Side of the Moon > Far Side of the Moon
>>
>>161836262
Why did Apocrypha and FGO Prologue get adapted before Tsukihime, Extra/Extra CCC, or literally any other unadapted TM source material? The good stuff doesn't necessarily make the most money. At least they keep giving shitty cashgrabs to shitty studios.
>>
>>161837602
I want to rub my dick against Rin's feet.
>>
>>161837692
You can't deny he's right, though.
>>
>>161837987
Who doesn't?
>>
>>161838035
Yes, I can deny that you are wrong. Why are you referring to yourself in the third person, though?
>>
>>161834777
>pics from over a decade apart being used say it's the same

how fucking stupid can you be?
>>
>>161836068
I'm sure the change happened because Zolgen Makiri became Demon God Barbatos during the XIX.
>>
>>161838092
I don't even know who that is because that seems to come from that /fgog/ shithole, but they're absolutetely right about the relative quality of the orders, and how fucking disappointing FGO is as the current "big project" from Type-Moon, that's preventing anything not Fate from being made. Except Camelot is actually pretty cool, but as they say there, it's just 1 more fucking chapter in a huge game that required you to play for over a year to even get to it.

The thing is, I can totally get people who just play/enjoy FGO for waifu shit and the historical figures, because they realize it's kind of trashy, and they're the people TM is pandering to most now, with their 80% new audience.
I can't fucking stand "TMfags" who defend it as a product, just because Nasu decided to put half a year's worth of effort into it, as if that instantly redeems everything wrong with it, and places it on the same pedestal as FSN/FHA/Tsukihime/KnK/Mahoyo. Those same people who'd be fine with TM continuing to be like this, a mobage-centered universe where the original author occasionally writes something, and other people write LN spin-offs. It's garbage and not even remotely what Type-Moon is, it's the epitome of selling out all of your creative value for easy money.
>>
>>161815187
>>161835978
The incident that happened in the III century AD split apart Tsukihime settings and Fate settings forever according to Case Files.
In FGO, Makiri Zolgen does not abuse his worm magecraft, he despairs and becomes demon god Barbatos ->2004 The first Fuyuki Grail War is delayed to 2004 and Marisbilly Animusphere wins -> Professor Lev awakes as Flauros successfully which in turn influence to Barbatos possession and the previous ones because he was the one who got the ball rolling.
>>
>>161835900
Nah, that shows you're an idiot who never played the game. Meanwhile Extra has given no explanation why it has that shit on the moon while the other ones do. FGO does explain what causes the change because Nasu bothered to write Clock Tower 2015, before launching the game.
>>
>>161838294
>they're absolutely right about the relative quality of the orders
No.
>>
>>161838294
Fuck off with your badly written porn VN nostalgia.
>>
Protip: Japan old TMfags despise Extra and ignore it or make fun of it. Just take a look Type Moon Complex guy, the only time he brings up Extra shit is to insult it and the games. While they, I mean the Tsukihimeoldfags, really like FGO. Food for thought, right?
>>
>>161838438
Except they are. Everyone agrees most of part 1 is trash. Everyone agrees 1.5 is OK but not great, and Agartha especially was kind of shit. You might disagree that Solomon sucks balls, but that just means you're an overly emotional retard that doesn't actually care about writing all that much.

>>161838439
>i-it was always sellout trash because it had sex scenes in it, I swear!

Hahahaha, every time. You're OK though, you're the type of person who enjoys the current trashy state of the series for what it is, it's not you I was complaining about.
>>
>>161838525
It was a sell out since the moment they made King Arthur a little girl to pander the neckbeards.
>>
>>161838483
>anything an ambiguous group of fans think is fact
>CCC are objectively the "ideal TMfag"
>implying Extra will ever be anywhere as big as FGO

Decent bait you have there. Of course they'll ride the dick of whatever's big at the moment, do you actually think that makes an argument of any kind? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>161838525
no
>>
>>161838564
It was a compromise, that still managed to execute the intended themes of heroism and ideals very well, and keep the dark urban fantasy atmosphere of Prototype almost intact. Point is, the hamfisted h scenes make up for a very small part of it, and the romances were actually quite well done compared to most VNs, regardless of what you think.

FGO is not a compromise. It's turning the franchise almost entirely into shallow self-insert crap, that focuses on maximizing the number of characters to sell over writing quality. Lots of lore/references on the side, and the actual important plot kicks in every once in a while, though it's still deeply tainted by the gacha mobage elements even at its peak. It's literally the opposite formula of what Fate/stay Night was, and it sells a lot more.
>>
>>161813818
Strange Fake is actually very good.
>>
>>161838572
You really don't know the Type Moon doujinshika or artists right? Yes, Type Moon Complex is a die hard Tsukihime fag (there's even a disclaimer about his preferences and why he made Fate characters job to Tsukihime ones, due to his bias) over Fate before FGO came along. He and the old posse never got into Extra and thought the idea was retarded because first game was "FSN... in the MOON!", CCC was vulgar as fuck HF-shittier young sibling with retarded Sakura clones designs (which they constantly mocked) and Extella is just as bad or worse, even if it's trying to do something good. They got into FGO before it became big too, so you're actually an idiot to think this is bait. They do complain when they get off rails as happened with Agartha.
Whether you like it or not, FGO offers a completely new premise which they loved.
>>
Turns out only the text on the mansion page and Arcueid Brunestud are new. They’ve already used the mansion.

It says “A pure vampire smiling—” Next to it is the classic “I’ll have you take responsibility for killing me.”
>>
>>161838483
Why do TM fans hate the Fate/Extra series?
>>
>>161836670
What about Miura?
>>
>>161836684
https://mega.nz/#!38YgRTIS!hXliYFjdKtYvtMYd9M2Az2HuigizUvNtpYMOAurmyXY
>>
>>161838709
They don't mind the characters, but the setting is never really explained which sticks as a sore thumb among Fate. It shows Nasu has given zero fucks because in years he hasn't bothered to tell us why is Mooncell a thing here and not in other worlds.

A lot of few fans like it, though. I mean the Mahoyo/Tsukifags. They keep making fun of it and only appear in their doujin to be mocked.
>>
>>161838655
Curious because Nasu says that FGO rescues Prototype outline before he caved into Takeuchi and destroyed his original idea which was always about heroic spirits battling enemies of humanity. Urban fantasy was the backdrop before shit hit the fan. The criticism toward a selfish Grail system which was spawned by shitty magi that disturbs their true roles and function of Heroic Spirits which FGO finally addresses in London. All that was going to be explored in Prototype too.

FSN was destroying his vision, FGO is Nasu finally doing what he wanted in his youth, comprising a bit because it's less shoujo.
>>
>>161838805
Who the fuck care?
How can you take the opinion of anyone who play FGO seriously?
>>
>>161836879
Shirou is just a literal Utena rip-off
>>
>>161838805
Is EXTRA that bad?

tmdict.com/book/fate-extra-material
>>
>>161824810
I can read french, be jealous.
>>
>>161838851
CCC is the best thing Nasu has written easily, in term of pure script
Extra is just mediocre and boring
>>
>>161838844
Explain?
>>
>>161838677
Congratulations, you did not address a single one of the arguments in this discussion. But hey, your favorite doujin group likes a mobile game, I guess that validates your trash taste.

>FGO offers a completely new premise
What a blatant fucking lie. Just like Extra, you're a self-insert for whom Servants fall in one-sided relationships. Unlike Extra, the story doesn't attempt to address the protagonist's shallowness or background, or do anything interesting with them. You are a camera following events, that would be better off not existing. Unlike Extra, it has no VN-like narration, one of the integral parts of Nasu's writing that made his original VNs iconic and memorable. The premise of "Servants travelling through time to interact with other Servants" is no more new than "tournament of Servants in a sci-fi moon". Which is to say, neither of them are fresh, they're both boring, safe ways to milk the concept of Servants, which FSN explicitly avoided doing.
Don't get me wrong, I think Extra is a 4 or 5/10, but it had potential. It could go places, and it did when Nasu made a sequel that allowed him to explore more zany visuals and shoujo manga-like ideas, that he's always appreciated (read that newly translated interview about Ikuhara). FGO is fucking nothing, and will never be anything. It's sad that you think your opinion is validated by "oldfags", who couldn't even properly balance power levels to make their fanfics interesting back in the day.
>>
>>161838900
yea but how can we read CCC WHEN ITS NOT FUCKING TRANSLATED!!!
>>
>>161838853
do you own the Tsukihime manga in French?
>>
>>161838927
Learn Japanese and/or wait 10 years for the translation patch
>>
File: Fate-EXTRA-Key-Art.jpg (3MB, 1700x2355px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fate-EXTRA-Key-Art.jpg
3MB, 1700x2355px
>>161838826
>butthurt Extrafag
Your opinion is worth less than shit.

>>161838851
Imagine FSN plot, now remove anything that made Shirou interesting and replace him with a bland self insert (which the Extrafags would deny and claim he/she had a personality' unlike Guda, even if their crossover cd drama shows Guda with a personality and Hakuno as a blank slate who didn't even have dialogue written by Nasu himself), add a retarded sci-fi setting without an explanation of why it exists. Copy-paste the FSN general plot down to "secret boss appearing to the end who threatens to fuck the world" and "tsundere twintail genius (A Rin clone)/homunculus magi" as helpers despite being enemy Masters.
'Sequel' is Sakura route with tweest where Servants are eaten by Black Sakura wannabe and Masters get focus with 'truth' reveals. Blatantly trying to copy the FSN narrative structure.

Look at the game cover for fuck's sake, it's "Buy FSN now in the MOON!" Extra was completely low effort cashgrab. But had one thing good: Nasu wrote it, so the lines and dialogue were okay, and characters interesting, but in terms of plot is barebones. Extella has shittier writing but it has a plot that isn't copy/pasting FSN and set it in the future.
>>
>>161838990
it would be nice if typemoon gave a shit about western audiences but there isnt as much of an audience here than in japan
>>
>>161838928
I don't, but I have some friends who does. It's actually not that good from their point of vue.
>>
>>161839078
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>161839068
They are not interested in the western market, and this has been known since years ago.

It's the reason why only different companies (and not TM itself) who have ever released anything from them overseas. Take UDON with Fate/Complete Material, for example. Aniplex with the animes. Dark Horse with F/Z manga. DW with FGO (and barely). Marvelous with EXTELLA and somewhat involved with EXTRA.

Marvelous/XSEED likely bugged them to bring EXTELLA overseas because they (Marvelous) are already known for localizing titles with a certain demand (and let's not forget the previous experience they already have with TM). FGO would be a great example of this with how they only until now released it overseas (and after bugging some people, more than likely).

Meanwhile, on Imageepoch... Kinoko even subtly said that they had some "issues" with that, so we just need to forget about it and enjoy (at the time) the announcement for Grand Order and other shenanigans.

There's a reason why the 4 main works from TM have never been officially released, not even for an anniversary, outside Japan. And it's the same reason always.
>>
>>161838818
You're saying that as if Fate/stay night's themes and ideas are not equally valid to explore, if not more so because they were actually in a finished product.
Urban fantasy was not "the backdrop before shit hit the fan", the Beast of 666 is literally just the final boss, the entire rest of the story is urban fantasy. Just like Tsukihime, just like Kara no Kyoukai, just like Mahoyo.

>FSN was destroying his vision
It's an alternate take that ended up being far more popular, iconic, memorable, and frankly more interesting than "humanity vs big monsters"

>comprising a bit because it's less shoujo
>a bit
You've gotta be joking, right? FGO is the furthest fucking think from an otome story with few characters there could be possibly be. Far more so than an eroge. Literally the only carry-over is the concept of Beasts and humanity's evil, which is just a way to milk Servants because that's what the corporate fucks behind it wanted.
And don't forget, you're not defending "Nasu's project". He wrote 3 chapters and 1 event, and used some interesting old ideas for them. It's not primarily his story, it's not even primarily a story anyway, it's a fucking milking machine. As soulless of a cashgrab as you can get.
>>
>>161839092
I'm sorry anon, I didn't read it myself. I should actually, but I can only tell you what their feeling about it. I have no more clue why they didn't like it because I don't want to get spoiled.
>>
>>161839122
nah
>>
>>161838924
Congratulations you're a retard who never played FGO.

>What a blatant fucking lie. Just like Extra, you're a self-insert for whom Servants fall in one-sided relationships.
Fanservice shit =! story. Thankfully, most fanservice shit in FGO is trimmed out the main plot and doesn't overtake it (unlike Extra), leave that to events and primate personal-My Room stuff which have shit to do with the plot. Not just a thing with Extra, FHA was 99% fanservice and 1% plot if you're generous.

FGO premise is of an organization that wants to preserve humanity and thus built an observatory system and recruited people to deploy as Master to fix aberrations in time which led to humanity extinction. It's completely and utterly new setting. It utilizes Servant not in a Grail War setting, even if there's a Grail fucking shit up, but as they were meant to be: as heroes who protect humanity. It's basically "Counter Force: the story."

Extra was just fucking FSN in the MOON with your Saber clone and `pseudo Emiya and Rin clone promoting it. Extella does try to do something new, but Extra was Nasu being completely lazy and reuse the same fucking plot with some 'new' characters who looked exactly like the old ones.

The starting cast of FGO aren't clones of anyone: Lev, Roman, Olga, Mashu and Da Vinci are all new. Sure you get your Saberfaces and Rinclones later but they weren't the starting and featured and promoted cast. While Extra had this shit plastered when it came out >>161839013
>>
>>161838818
>FSN was destroying his vision, FGO is Nasu finally doing what he wanted in his youth
tsukihime, FSN, and FGO are all about the same fucking thing
maybe nasu acts like he's finally flexing his creative freedom but he really just writes the same story again and again because he's a hack
>>
>>161838924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
>>
>>161838818
Was this in the latest TM ace?
>>
>>161819041
OBSESSED
>>
Akiha best girl
>>
>>161839173
>tsukihime, FSN, and FGO are all about the same fucking thing

?
>>
>>161839122
>And don't forget, you're not defending "Nasu's project". He wrote 3 chapters and 1 event, and used some interesting old ideas for them.
He wrote more than that. He rewrote America making it twice as long, wrote the Prologue, wrote some scenes (notably all London climax), and characters like Drake in Okeanus, Marie and Mozart in Orleans. This includes every single Roman scene and this is significant because to Nasu, FGO 1 was Roman's story which he dedicated from start to finish. One thing I would criticize (I'm not a mindless drone) is that he should have done the same with Mashu.

You all praise FHA when is mostly fanservice by guest writers. Nasu himself only wrote the main story which takes up less than 5% of the fundisc. Don't give me your double standards and claim FHA is a deep work when it's even more fanservice heavy than FGO, and sets the precedent about how this isn't the first time he does that. He writes what thinks FGO was about, and delegates the other parts to other people as usual.
>>
>>161839122
>three chapters
>fuyuki
>half of london scenes
>overhauled murrica after higashide turned the script and made it double
>camelot
>babylonia
>90% last singularity that isn't filler cutscenes in every singularity

>1 event
>bronze servant
>dango
>saber wars
>go west
>ccc
>da vinci event
>both halloween events
>the after scene of accel zero

I'm not sure who wrote christmas. I know he didn't write summer ones.
>>
>>161839166
>never played FGO
Wrong. Keep telling yourself that.

>Fanservice shit =! story.
Wrong. The fanservice shit deeply seeps into core parts of the main story. The goddess Ishtart herself during Babylon possesses one of Fate/stay night's heroines, for fuck's sake.

> which have shit to do with the plot
They're still in the fucking game. They're part of it, wether you like it or not. They affect the tone, they affect the story, they're content that takes real development time, and space within the game. In Fate/stay night and Tsukihime it was minimal, in KnK and Mahoyo it's practically non-existent. In FGO, I'm fairly sure it makes up more than 70% of the game's content. Actually, most of the time you spend with the "game" is mindless grinding with terrible gameplay, that's part of the equation too.

>FHA was 99% fanservice and 1% plot if you're generous.
Oh gee anon, maybe because it's called a fucking fan-disc? You know, the things that go all out with fanservice after the original story because people want more of the characters, and sometimes have a neat main plot too? Christ, why are you even saying calling out FHA for "fanservice" as if that means anything.

>FGO premise is of an organization that wants to preserve humanity blah blah

Guess what: Extra is not a traditional "Grail War" either. They're literally the fucking same milking trash. Servants fight smaller monsters, then they fight other Servants. Oh boy, how original! Only difference is that FGO has the 72 demons as stronger "shitty monsters" (who are, by the way, lazy pallette swaps with a lazy plot excuse for it), and the Beasts as very rare special bosses (which CCC also had Kiara).

The fucking promotional main trio for FGO are Jeanne, Arturia, and Mashu. 1 whole new character. EMIYA, Gil, and Iskander are in the OP. Lev, Olga and Da Vinci are fucking irrelevant in practice, and weren't even promoted much at all. Roman wasn't promoted either. How fucking delusional.
>>
>>161839455
ok
>>
Does Grand Order deserve the hate?
>>
>>161839455
>Extra is not a traditional "Grail War" either
Extra literally copy/pasted the narrative structure of FSN and yeah, that includes CCC. Do you have issues with reading comprehension to grasp this? FGO structure doesn't resemble FSN or its plot, while Extra was FSN with a change of setting. It doesn't matter if it's set in the Moon, it was the same old. That's fucking it. It never hid it either because 99% release main cast design were literal clones of the characters.
While FGO didn't show Ishtar to introduce the cast, what did it show? A Shinji and Sakura clone? No, Mashu and Chaldea people which don't resemble them because Nasu bothered to keep it apart.


> Lev, Olga and Da Vinci are fucking irrelevant in practice, and weren't even promoted much at all. Roman wasn't promoted either. How fucking delusional.
So you're a newfag got it. Go and actually buy the first release issue of FGO game. The ones who got an introduction page were all the Chaldea characters. Including Lev. Not Jeanne or Emiya. While Extra introduced... Shinji clone, Rin clone and Rani.

You're fucking stupid.

>1 whole new character. EMIYA, Gil, and Iskander are in the OP
A LOT of Servants are in the OP; this doesn't make them important, idiot. Iskandar and Saber certainly aren't.
>>
>>161839540
It's just Fai.
>>
>>161839348
>>161839438
Why are you pretending like this is a lot? Like it somehow makes it Nasu's work? Events with 4 fucking scenes in them? A few lines of dialogue every chapters, over the course of 2 years?

Why are you even comparing FGO to a fucking fan-disc? One that had less than a year of development time, and intended as only a fanservice thing in the first place? FHA didn't prevent Tsukihime Remake from coming out, nor did it make the entire Nasuverse rotate around itself. It's a complimentary work to Fate/stay night, and far better than it had any right to be. There are drastically different standarts to judge FGO by.

> to Nasu, FGO 1 was Roman's story which he dedicated from start to finish.
But most of the story isn't about him. You don't play from his perspective, or from someone who has a meaningful relationship with him. You play as a camera who follows around Mashu and other Servants, and it's suddenly taken for certain that your mindless husk of a character inherited his ideals and formed a bond the same way Mashu did. It's ludicrously bad, the opposite way of how to do a self-insert in any way good or enjoyable.
>>
>>161839540
when i played it the story didnt make any fucking sense and felt forced as fuck and cheesy and all built just for it to be a mobile, also the gameplay got boring as fuck later on so i stoped playing. but thats just my opnion man, and if you can give me any reason why to give a fuck about the story please do tell
>>
>>161839600
alright
>>
>>161839578
So you are delusional. Pic related is the first big FGO promo image we got. The Chaldea characters had short introductions in other media that most of the game's fans probably don't even fucking bother with, they were intended for old TM fags who actually cared about the story, and most of them ended up barely being used in the story.
Jeanne and Saber are at the start of the OP. Archer and Gil get way more spotlight than any of the originals there. The whole point of FGO was "if you like Fateshit, we have all the old characters you like here, and some new ones too". You can't judge it as being ANY better than Extra shit, it's all the same Fate/Servant Milking crap.
>>
>>161839600
>But most of the story isn't about him.
Most of the singularities are actually indirectly or directly addressing his characterization and storyarc (and Mashu's) as well as the overachieving story. Orleans was "foreshadowing about the ending: the story." Septem was to show him as a serious commander. Fuyuki was all about him taking command of Chaldea just as much as you and Mashu stumble in your roles, the three characters came to terms with themselves there. Okeanus drops the first indication he's more than what it seems to be for the different reactions the Servants have toward him and his connection to pillar demons. London explores this further. I won't want to spoil further.

>You don't play from his perspective, or from someone who has a meaningful relationship with him.
But you do. Did you actually play it? This belief that is about the Servants comes from EOP who actually never play it. Roman, Fou and Mashu are your allies in the journey, and Roman has a lot of dialogue. They are always there and the relationship isn't static at all. The relationship changed a lot from Fuyuki to Babylon, with London and Camelot as turning points. You spent a large chunk of Babylon wondering if you trust him or not or if you hate or like him, when London and America was blind trust. In Babylonia, you finally realize he's irreplaceable and wish for him to join you and ask if he feels well or all right. Shit you didn't notice early about how tired and weary he looks. How he lies but does it because he is kind to spare you from unpleasantness. It's not a Master/Servant relationship, it's a relationship of a leader to a follower so it's not really usually explored in Fate.

Each singularity has a miniarc but isn't divorced from the general plot if you actually paid attention and Nasu did a good job with it. I think he really should have written Mashu all the time too, her characterization suffered a bit sometimes.
>>
>>161839870
>large chunk of Babylon
I mean Camelot. The relationship is largely positive in Babylonia which shows immediately in Time Temple. You know he hides shit and you accept it.
>>
>>161839870
That's not a fucking relationship between charactes. It's a relationship between the player and a character, you "protagonist" is non-existent. In a game that involves the same writer behind Ryougi Shiki and Emiya Shirou. It's a lazy, cheap, and soulless shortcut, like most of FGO.

You relating each order to his character is incredibly forced as well, especially in the early ones, he is straight up just a funny sidekick who gets a line every other scene. Don't worry about "spoiling", I've sure as hell kept up with the story every time new content has come out since release.
I don't even know what to say to the fact that you don't think the story ISN'T about Servants. It's the story of Solomon, a Servant after he won a Holy Grail War. Every part of the main story focuses on Servants, everything outside the main story focuses on Servants.
>>
I still dont get what is Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]
>>
>>161840014
Remake after the 2006 anime with voices and replaced h-scenes. Also Last Episode was added to pander to Saberfags. The new PS2 OPs were cool though.
>>
>>161839870
And I forgot, the relationship with Fou also evolves. He begins to trust you and Chaldea people more and more, enough to talk and be comfortable. It's not like he was cuddly Primate Murder since the beginning. He began snubbing Roman's food offer for example, but later is mentioned he accepts his snacks frequently. He starts trusting enough to talk to or do check outs out concern (as he does with Roman in last Singularity). This isn't done just because, but because they all treat him as part of their family.

Fou, Mashu and Roman relationship with themselves and your character all grew in the journey. No matter if some Servant hogs the spotlight sometimes, their dynamic (and sometimes with Da Vinci) is the main one with your character. That's why the time temple was painful for the players because Nasu forces the main character to watch the three of them die without anything they could do to save them. Mashu is saved in the end but with the cost of Fou and not because anything Guda did. Humanity is restored, but the ones who worked the hardest to pull it off with you were sacrificed as compensation. It was meant to leave a bittersweet aftertaste. Nasu even wrote on his blog a short epilogue where your self-insert refuses to celebrate and is busy trying to hold back their tears locked up in his room hallucinating his meeting with Roman. Your character would probably do the same for Fou if you knew of his sacrifice too. Nasu has the protagonist notice that he was odd and "different" in ccc event just to keep twisting the knife.

If was a feel good game, he wouldn't stab the players like this. He would do as he did with Extella, with it's loli harem true ending. Instead, he deliberately chose FGO to be like most of his traditional endings: bittersweet. They won, but at what cost?
>>
>>161840004
>he is straight up just a funny sidekick who gets a line every other scene
Except he had serious scenes since Fuyuki. What are you even talking about? Most of his comedy scenes happened in Orleans. In Septem, he's pretty serious except when he teased you for falling from a horse.
>>
>>161811645
Full HD with decent animations is significantly more pleasant to play than a 640x480 vn with no animations from 10-15 years ago like Tsukihime or FSN.
>>
>>161839173
how are they the same thing?
>>
I heard that as I passed by on the street.
I had to laugh to myself.
A fish in a tank gasping for breath?
It's true a fish out of water will suffocate, but not fish in a tank, like us surrounded by moisture.

...... Then I thought about it a little more.
A fish left all alone.
It drifts, motionless, to the top, belly-up.
The water stagnates.
It grows dark with algae.
The dead fish opens and closes its mouth.
>>
>>161840210
Not the same anon but I'd rather have no animation than boring, albeit competent, animation.
Same as Full HD vs. 480p. If the latter has better style than that's the one I'd like to have.
>>
>>161840111
So thats the one I have to play if i want to get into VN?
>>
Was Saber summoned in every Holy Grail War or just the 4th and 5th?
>>
>>161840004

Not him, but this point is stupid. Then FSN is the story of a Servant because of Shirou's connection to EMIYA? Roman is human. He has no power. He's mediocre, confused, soft human being. "The story was a story of a 10 years existence." That's also in the game, when he's compared to the zenith of a meteor shower that shines brightly briefly before it fades away.

Solomon was something else, and Roman insists he's not Solomon. Roman's last act wasn't using his power as Solomon but, in fact, reject it and give it back. In no way he acts as a Servant. Shirou acts as a Servant more than he does in UBW and HF (where Rin blatantly says he's her new Servant in replacement of Archer too) than Roman is. The entire point of his character arc is "former Heroic spirits becomes a human being". We only see Solomon in a flashback, the character in the story is human.
>>
>>161840145
This entire post is "it's bittersweet and a tear jerker, so it's good".

No, the very foundation of it are terrible. That's not how a story works, a good climax and ending parts can't save the whole thing. Sorry, but I'll never enjoy FGO trash the way you seemingly do. It's wading through a pile of shit, to get to a couple of gold nuggets, just a terrible trade-off compared to all of Nasu's good works.

I also still laugh hard at how Nasu had to publish the super special "secret" epilogue in his blog, because it just gives the protagonist too much canonical caratherisation. He probably thought about putting it after the main ending, or at the start of Shinjuku, but then realized it didn't fit at all. What an awful, awful excuse for a game. Cancer of Type-Moon.

>>161840258
No, there's a "complete" version with the voice patch, but also h-scenes and Last Episode. I don't know what the fuck it's called nowadays.

>>161840306
Good job ignoring the fact that Archer is an entirely original characters, whereas Roman's past "Solomon" self is more pandering to the "historical figures as anime characters!!!!" crowd, which is what FGO loves to do.
>>
>>161840357
you are posting
>>
>>161840357
>Good job ignoring the fact that Archer is an entirely original characters, whereas Roman's past "Solomon" self is more pandering to the "historical figures as anime characters!!!!" crowd, which is what FGO loves to do.
First of, Archer ceased to be an original character when Nasu made him the embodiment of the unsung heroes. Also-

>the "historical figures as anime characters!!!!" crowd, which is what FGO loves to do.
This was literally Nasu's purpose in Fate, though? He wanted to write about non-japanese heroic spirits beating themselves up because he loves it. You're bothered that Nasu writing about why he came up with Fate?

FSN was a story about a nobody rising to become a hero to function among Servants. FGO (1) is partly the story of a hero wishing to be a nobody which functions among the humans role. They are obviously mirror stories if you remove your bias shades.
>>
>>161840357
EMIYA was a character that was made up with Proto Arthur+Proto Gil as basis. Hardly what I call original when he reused concepts he had for those "historical heroes" and dressed it up as an OC.
>>
>>161840258
Play Fate/stay night + hollow ataraxia.
>>
>>161840546
>Archer ceased to be an original character when a spin-off dungeon crawler 6 years later made him the embodiment of the unsung heroes

Right. I guess the tragic fate of Kiritsugu's family in Fate/Zero is all meaningless too, since they get to be together as buddies in Chaldea in FGO trash, because everyone is a Servant until the end of time now.

How the fuck is "the embodiment of the unsung heroes" even a pre-established character, anyway? It's still entirely original.

>FSN was a story about a nobody rising to become a hero to function among Servants.
Jesus Christ. No, just no. I'm not going to generalize you as all GOfags, but it's disheartening to see someone who misinterprets FSN so fucking badly defending FGO.
>>
>>161840625
None of their historically based shit carried over to Archer, other than, you know, using a bow.

Only stuff that carried over was parts of their "generic otome game hero" personalities, which were not in their original selves and are in no way the core of Archer's character.
>>
>>161840357
If you remember quote me i would like to play this game
>>
The VNs are garbage, so it's best just to watch the animes.

Fate > Zero > UBW (TV) > HF (when it's out).
>>
>>161840740
You know the animes are based off the garbage VNs, right?
>>
>>161840632
Im looking for fsn complete version
>>
Are fatefaggots truly the most insufferable fanbase?
>>
>>161841196
did you not see undertale fandom? fate fandom is a small echo in a vast valley of autism
>>
>>161841043
That's the one. Beast Lair made a complete patch that readds back the H-Scene (optional), as well as letting you chose between the original OST and the remixed PSVIta OST
>>
>>161840258
I'm playing the original ver with voices and is still enjoyable. Do as you please.
>>
>>161837602
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3416

This seems to agree that those playtimes are pretty average. There's room for error, but it's probably as close to a solid estimate of a playtime as you'll get.
>>
>>161841653
>>161842453
Thanks for your advice, gonna download Beast lairpatch
>>
>>161840645
>How the fuck is "the embodiment of the unsung heroes" even a pre-established character, anyway? It's still entirely original.
Unknown Soldier is a folk-imaginary character like the Hassans, anon.

>Jesus Christ. No, just no.
Yes, it was, that's his arc overall. That and his fixing his emptiness. Nasu said so. Go argue with the writer.
>>
File: staynight.png (1MB, 1200x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
staynight.png
1MB, 1200x626px
How would you rank the Fate routes?
>>
>>161843923
SN > UBW > HF
>>
>>161813840
>because it needs to establish the world and is thus very info-dumpy.
fuck off. that doesn't make it bad
>>
>>161812640
>Stopped reading right there.
If you stopped reading there how do you know what he called shitty?
>>
>>161840853
I know, but I'd rather take the anime over the VN.
>>
>>161832935

I wouldn't believe Nasu on things like this, he actually thinks Saber and Shirou is a good pairing
>>
>>161845239
>he actually thinks Saber and Shirou is a good pairing
They're not?
>>
>>161834205
Not so much because of the ideals throwing that annoys about hf more his sheer negligence, the fact he loses his body and the implication that his own body was trying to kill him for his "sins".

That ask route is just longer and Messer than ubw true which has a good pacing and ending.
>>
Why does every thread have to devolve into arguing about FGO
>>
>>161846153
Because someone will inevitably bring it up, as it and Extella/Fragments/etc.. brought in a chunk of new lores, and that sets off the anti-GO autists, which then sets off the pro-GO autists, devolving the thread into meaningless shitpost that'll get repeated the next time a Fate thread pops up.
>>
>>161837713
The vn is much better than the anime. Though having watched the anime will inherently make the vn slower.

The ubw anime skips out large chunks of the shirou's characterisation and the ending is better in it.
>>
My litmus test for how bad a series is: the ratio between how often a series gets dicussed and how much of that dicussion is about the girls/waifus vs plot/content.

My conclusion is that despite not liking Fate, it is a less bad series than some other popular series.
>>
>>161832935
>themes of Ataraxia
>CCC
No.
>>
>>161832935
I've actually read CCC and I think is the most overrated waste of time.
>>
>>161832238
Not at all. FGO is a "Hymn to humanity." Human history is the foundation of everything in Fate. Humanity's views and progress decide everything.
>>
If I didn't like Fate, is it even worth going into UBW and HF? Gil is the only character I enjoy, everyone else is insufferable.
>>
>>161831993
>(implied to be the Dark Six summoning ritual. Dark Six is a member of the DAA).
This was nothing but BL bullshit. Go and hunt the Nasu quote. He never mentions ANY DAA. They don't exist anyway.
>>
>>161846153
Only currently relevant entry into the series
>>
>>161847005
I hate it
>>
Reminds me of Danganronpa. After watching S1 I had to play S2 before I could watch S3. I had hoped for an anime adaptation of DR2. DR2 is a good game, so I'm happy that I played it. I didn't like S3 because of how (Spoiler) Junko brought about the end of the world. Brainwashing through subliminal messages wasn't realistic. Apparently there is also a light novel called DR Zero which is a prequel to DR1. I think it's bad to expect people who like visual stuff like animus and games to enjoy reading novels.
>>
>>161844116
If anon's main complaint are the info dumps, then in a way yes.
>>
Does Grand Order get better later on?
>>
File: 1440988266722.jpg (3MB, 1450x10000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440988266722.jpg
3MB, 1450x10000px
>>161812802
Speaking of which: will this ever get updated?
>>
>>161811049
Nigga the Fate franchise is one of the few lucky original VNs that can be fully enjoyed just through the anime adaptations. All other VN adaptations are fucking trash or incomplete.
>>
>>161848645
>Fate adaptation isn't one of them
>>
>>161848692
>>161848645
UBW is trash.
>>
>>161846915
What did you think of Gil in Fate?

Check out Fate/Extra and Fate/strange Fake.
>>
Ufotable need to make the whole series into movies:
Adapt Fate route into movies.
Make a movie cut with fixed/reworked scenes based on fan feedback of UBW.
HF movies are already being made.
Adapat FHA into a show then later give it a movie cut.
>>
>>161848790
All I want from ufotable are the battles from Fate. Every single one of them. Including the off-screen ones, like Assassin driving off everyone, Archer's last stand, and Lancer's last stand.
>>
>>161848790
What about the Fate/Zero 4-part movies?
>>
>>161848879
UBW is better. Deal with it.
>>
>>161846915
Might as well kill yourself.
>>
>>161848586
Unless you or someone else makes an entirely new one, no.

The guy who did that stopped caring
>>
>>161848879
>Archer's last stand
So you want to see how the whole VN falls apart at the idea of a full servant not being able to achieve that which one of his arms alone attached to a ginger did?

Nice one
>>
>>161849080
I would if I was more knowledgeable.
>>
>>161849121
What? I just want to see animated action scenes.
>>
>>161849223
What do you want to know? Ask any Fate/Type-Moon questions here.
>>
>>161849121
Retard
>>
>>161848952
>4-part
So we can have 2 whole movies of people talking in a church or in an office to see who can win the holy infodump war? No thanks. Even one 90 minute part is too long for Urobuchi's 2deep4u dialogue.
>>
>>161849223
>Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ziXLa1PwF4YTR5alpnYkZ1ckE/view

>Complete Material PBWorks, containing much of the data from Complete Material III, and some miscellaneous other Q&As and translations.
http://completematerial.pbworks.com/w/page/32479544/Index

>Tsukikan's translated sets of interviews.
http://tsukikan.com/misc/

>TMDict, a compilation of Nasuverse dictionary entries.
http://tmdict.com/

>This book assumes you are very familiar with TYPE-MOON's stories. If you aren't, some of what's here will definitely be spoilers, so be aware and tread carefully.
heavens-feel.com/type-moon_10_anniversary_phantasm_translation.html
>>
>>161850116
Fate/Zero's anime can already be edited into 4 movies.
>>
Fate/Extra CCC translation FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>161850152
They need to remove 70% of it. It should've been one cour.
>>
>>161850188
Interesting opinion. Most viewers felt they should have added 30% more.
>>
>>161848952
>>161850152
Part 1 - 1-5
Part 2 - 6-11
Part 3 - 12-16
Part 4 - 17-25
>>
>>161811049
They need to make a FSN remake so all the dirty secondaries and tertiaries can go read that instead.
>>
File: 1438574526605.png (209KB, 698x515px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438574526605.png
209KB, 698x515px
>>161830578
>>161830593
What is with all the unnecessary pauses? Like everyone always pauses for a solid 2 whole seconds after every sentence. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>161850325
FSN + FHA for PS Vita?
>>
>>161850252
There are some episodes that really need to be deleted.

For example, do we really need to dedicate an entire mini arc to Rin, and another on Kiritsugu?
>>
>>161813928

>wait till it stops being garbage

Gee
>>
File: 1494986280223.jpg (819KB, 1950x1400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1494986280223.jpg
819KB, 1950x1400px
>>161850442
>entire mini arc to Rin,
Fanservice
>>161850442
>and another on Kiritsugu?
Interlude: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero:Interlude
Side story: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero:Heart_Of_Freaks

Fate Zero manga final

http://raw.senmanga.com/Fate_Zero/70/1
http://raw.senmanga.com/Fate_Zero/71/1
http://raw.senmanga.com/Fate_Zero/72/1
http://raw.senmanga.com/Fate_Zero/73/1
http://raw.senmanga.com/Fate_Zero/Final/1

They adapted part of the cd-drama and UBW anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnmWGyOOPA
>>
>>161848718
>>161848790
2ch reactions to UfoUBW translated :

>Miura wasn't the guy for it. Now, if Sudou delivers a proper HF adaptation, I will rage to no fucking end.

>Fucking Miura hinted how Shirould could feel Archer's presence in ep3 and never used it again. The fucker forgot that Shirou found Rin in ep12 because he felt Archer.

>MIUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH

>I'm rewatching the UBW movie just because and I love how they added key lines for the viewer to understand better the plot. It makes me appreciate it even more now. UBW anime failed in this, Miura failed because he is a hack. If HF turns out to be a better product, I'll be mad as fuck. Fortunately Miura got kicked out HF directing. The guy is a hack.

>Nasu saying he didn't want UBW and F/Z to be treated as part of the same story because they are not, then Miura saying he wants it to be a Zero follow-up.

>Nasu wanted to add new scenes and change stuff, but Miura handled it badly and it felt disjointed. The HF manga is a great example of adding new stuff that makes sense to add.

>The problem was in general that they tried to please both sides and came out wrong. They should have gone with Nasu's idea of a Fate route over UBW but Miura is a stubborn bull and wanted his Rin pandering. They had a bad call about the chosen route, HF would have been better too, but it was stuck for now after they tried that incoherent and inconsistent UBW mess.

>The booklet has Nasu version of some pivotal episodes and is far better than what Miura came up about at the end. It's kind of a shame really.

>Look at HF manga. It simply adapts a route and it's done a fucking good job so far so nobody complains. It's also self contained.
>>
File: FZDrama.png (759KB, 2669x2072px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FZDrama.png
759KB, 2669x2072px
Kiritsugu is introduced to the vessel of the Holy Grail, a homunculus created by the Einzbern family. She explains to him her functions, abilities and reasonings, and is immediately at odds with him over their varying opinions on survival, self-defence and strategy.

Kiritsugu goes to Acht to complain about the homunculus he has been talking to, saying that he will have no use for her in the war. Acht decides to prove the tenacity of his creation and throws her, naked, into the depths of the forest surrounded by wolves, spirits and a blizzard for a couple of days.

After rescuing the homunculus, Kiritsugu is surprised at how she does not react to pain as well as not having a sense of anger towards Acht for doing what he did. Kiritsugu realizes that her only sense of self-preservation is to maintain function as the Holy Grail’s vessel, and urges her to find her own happiness and concern. When she says it is difficult, Kiritsugu offers to teach her, and she introduces herself as Irisviel von Einzbern.

Kiritsugu converses with Maiya, who asks him about Irisviel’s progress. Kiritsugu tells her that Iri has a great thirst for knowledge, and has lots of general info as well as having the ability to hold a casual conversation now. When he asks Maiya how she is able to think of herself as a machine and yet keep her sanity, Maiya is puzzled as to why Kiritsugu is asking her a question he knows the answer to very well, and he wonders whether a human or a machine would be better in battle.
>>
so someone recommend me some fanfiction
>>
>>161850768
Fate/Apocrypha
Fate/strange Fake
>>
>>161850768
'no'
>>
>>161850768
That one where Louise summons Archer
>>
>>161850252
Urobuchi's writing might be tolerable if you read it, but it's really pompous and boring when it's two people talking to each other. Every episode had a huge portion dedicated to unnecessary tell-don't-show conversations, delete those. Delete Kiritsugu's origin too.
>>
>>161851108
What about Kirei's dead wife?
>>
>>161850637
Well, yeah, Miura sucks. Nothing new. Was UBW the perfect adaptation? No. Was it bad? No.
>>
>>161851094
Actually Archer, or a grown up Shirou?

The latter wasn't too bad. The writer is pretty good.
>>
>>161832811
Amazing. How can Sakurafags ever recover
>>
>>161850740
Rin's Big Adventure was a much better idea than this
>>
>>161851164
They should give just enough information to explain Kirei's motivations and to set up Caren's origin in FHA if they wanna adapt it later.
>>
>>161851292
gabriel blessing is not a good writer.
That being said, Hill of Swords was decent. Though, not the best as a Nasu fic, due to mischaracterizations and some mechanical errors, but an excellent FoZ fic, despite being a retread of canon. It was one of the first to utilize the large crossover potential of the setting and it showed the potential for character growth of nearly all the FoZ cast except for Saito, that fucking worthless garbage master of a character, which was never really utilized in the source material due to status quo harem shenanigans.
>>
>>161838745
That's the fan translated version, unless they just put up the incomplete fan translation on steam which I highly doubt. Can't find it on cs.rin, nyaa or anywhere. I guess it's just not that popular or something.
>>
File: 3135113.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3135113.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
Speaking of Type-Moon, is Mahoutsukai no Yoru any good?
>>
>>161832958
>>161835375
>>161835478
>>161835492
>>161851465
Obvious samefag is obvious. She's canonically worm-free by the end of her route anyways, so nobody who's read the VN associates her with worms. Good job outing yourselves as cancerous secondaries.
>>
Why is this bait thread still up? He even started with the pretentious "Ummm". I feel like punching you in the stomach.
>>
>>161851668
Why would you want the Steam translation?
>>
>>161851748
>t. Sakurafag in denial
>>
>>161851748
And Mami is canonically alive at the end of Madoka, but you wouldn't claim that no one who's watched the show associates her with being beheaded, would you?
>>
>>161851531
Fate proper is a fucking nightmare to write a fanfic for anyway. You either get shitty original works that try to use or bend the rules of the HGW (basically what the official spin-offs are), or you get a story with characters the don't even remotely resemble the originals. Nasu is either a genius or is lucky as fuck that nobody but him can create anything remotely entertaining in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>161835357
As long as you've completed one Near Side route, you can do Far Side
>>
>>161851831
If anyone's associated with worms, it's Zouken.
>>
>>161835958
>it's a real shame they even allow Takeuchi to do art anymore
Nigga Takeuchi is the fucking CEO, he does what he wants
>>
>>161850768
- Tomb of the Sun God, over on Beast's Lair.
> It's Indiana Jones in the Nasuverse. What's not to like. Fun two-fisted pulp action with a sufficiently entertaining nameless narrator. Action, wit, danger and all that.

- Battle Continuation, https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10046003
>AU UBW in which Caster has all but won but Shirou and Lancer aren't ready to give up. Short and poignant.

- Maybe I'm a Lion, by Dullahan, over on Beast's Lair
>A KnK/Prototype (The game) crossover. Lio's monologues and dialogues are comedy gold, and the rest is no slouch either.

- Fate/Revelation Online, by Daniel Gudman
>Ilya likes to play video games, and in the time she has remaining, Shirou is more than willing to play the new VR game with her. But when they are trapped inside the game, [Sword Art Online], they determine something even more distressing: Kayaba Akihiko is definitely a Magus.
>Or: SAO is a big experiment and they're caught in it.
>>
>>161851765
I've reported it and about half the posts in this thread multiple times in the past 24 hours. Haven't the foggiest why the mods or janitors didn't nip this in the fucking bud after the first 5 posts.
>>
>>161851765
TYPE-Maniacs will use any thread to discuss nasuverse shit
>>
>>161839540
It's pretty fun. Actually it's the most fun I've had with this garbage franchise. And the story shit is fun when they don't take themselves seriously.
>>
File: 1475073962113.png (347KB, 830x980px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1475073962113.png
347KB, 830x980px
>>161837791
I like Arc
>>
File: win_chara_3400.png (161KB, 512x512px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
win_chara_3400.png
161KB, 512x512px
It's okay you guys. Remember that Nasu said the Tsukihime Remake was going to come out around the same time it would get a collab in Grand Order! Can't be that long now!
>>
>>161852024
>being this mad because Nasu confirmed Sakura of being a wormslut
>>
>>161852109
Man I can't believe they'll still be updating Grand Order in a decade. That's some staying power for a mobile game
>>
File: f10082.jpg (765KB, 2560x959px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f10082.jpg
765KB, 2560x959px
>>161837791
Why?
>>
>>161852150
I hate Sakura. The issue at hand is that this thread is cancer. End your own life.
>>
>>161852216
How is this thread cancer?
>>
>>161852195
Those beast things look so goofy
>>
>>161852216
Make me :^)
>>
>>161852244
Type-Moon = cancer
>>
>>161852281
how so
>>
>>161852244
4chan = cancer. We're all cancer.
>>
>>161852216
You're the cancer. People ignored OP (who's a faggot) after a few posts and started discussing the franchise seriously. Fuck off.
>>
>>161851720
No
>>
File: 1504084955198.png (120KB, 240x286px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504084955198.png
120KB, 240x286px
>>161811049
don't forget playing through the shit psp games or ur not a real fan
>>
File: ed_chaBG51c_00.png (362KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ed_chaBG51c_00.png
362KB, 640x480px
>>161852255
Takeuchi got better with Fate and Melty Blood
>>
>>161818905
Is that figure an Ace Attorney crossover
>>