[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Items in anime that the main characters never use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Does Jin ever use his smaller sword in Samurai Champloo? There are so many times where it would have been helpful.
>>
>>161785749
Pretty sure the smaller swords are solely for samurai to commit sudoku. The traditional way.
>>
>>161785749
The wakizashi is for prying open locked treasure chests.
>>
>>161785749
Tanto is for Sudoku, Wakizashi is emergency weapon, Katana is for status, Naginata is the true samurai weapon.
>>
File: fune-wo-amu-work.jpg (558KB, 1515x1274px) Image search: [Google]
fune-wo-amu-work.jpg
558KB, 1515x1274px
>>161786718
>>161788720
>samurai carried around a sword dedicated to the sole purpose of helping them commit suicide
Why is Japan such a fucked up country?
>>
>>161788840
Dunno, but they really are. I never will understand how people can think suicide, even as a means of "atonement", is somehow honorable. Kinda ruins the samurais' image in my mind; I used to think they were like the Japanese version of western knights, but western knights would never commit sudoku, IIRC.
>>
>>161785749
Leorio's knife
>>
Why didnt Mugen use his fist blade thing when he gave up his sword in the last fight? Should i just assume he never actually learned it and the episode never happened.
>>
>>161785749
>forgetting the final episode
>>
>>161788923
man you sure are fucking stupid
>>
>>161788923
But they are the Jap version of western knights, moron.
>>
>>161786718

It really wasn't, the smaller sword on his waist is for use in small areas or in the case when he can't use the larger one.

And the really small ones like what Fuu has is usually either for self defense by civillians or for sudoku.
>>
>>161785749
>speedwatchers
>>
>>161791796
Honorable suicide isn't nearly as much of a thing in the west as it is in japan.
>>
>>161792039
>suicide is the defining aspect of knighthood and samurai
>Not all the other fucking similarities they share together

You sure you're not retarded?
>>
>>161791660
How the hell his hair suddenly become that long?
>>
>>161788923
During the middle ages, suicide was considered a grave sin. However, among certain European cultures of the modern period suicide regarding matters of honour was more common. Prussian Junckers for example would quite regularly kill themselves if they had lost their honour, often shooting themselves in the head with a pistol.
>>
>>161792204
>>suicide is the defining aspect of knighthood and samurai
where the fuck did you get that from
>>
>>161791660
>Mfw I just finished the series
Not sure how I feel about the ending, I keep feeling like I was missing some message along the way. Also what the fuck was that quarry episode? Weird mushrooms?
>>
>>161786718
> ... commit sudoku
Coffee came out of my nose, you did that shit on purpose
>>
>>161795015
aged meme breh, bon apetit
>>
>>161795015
i want newfags to go and stay go
>>
File: 1438794863883.jpg (105KB, 429x533px) Image search: [Google]
1438794863883.jpg
105KB, 429x533px
>>161795015
this better be bait
>>
>>161794432
Yea bad mushroom trip. Until sometime around 2003-ish you could go to store around tokyo and buy psychedelic shrooms legally. It wasn't until a store accidentally stocked the wrong shroom that they were banned.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.