[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the visual animation and or style of anime gotten better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Has the visual animation and or style of anime gotten better or worse over recent years?
>>
>recent years
Stayed about the same.
>long term
Improved overall.
Things like Akira and GitS are outliers, more often than not old shows were very trashy.
>>
>>161683899
It has improved since 2010s.

However, the artstyle has gone stale. Also stupid gradients should stop replacing god tier 80s OVA shading. Now that they have better tech, they should be even better at it, but they're worse.
>>
Depends on what you look at.

In general I prefer the 80s and 90s style, but there are certain things that current anime industry does better.
>>
The moefication of hentai is probably one of the greatest things to happen in the recent industry.
>>
>>161684501
>the artstyle
There is no set artstyle for anime. Do you also try to claim Teen Titans, Avatar, and RWBY are anime because they "look like anime"?
>>
better when compared to early 10s-late 00s
somewhat worse when compared to mid 00s (once most of the shit made in the transition era was behind us)

too different to compare with 90s-80s but i'll say people doing compositing for analog were much better at their job than the vast majority of the people doing it for digital
>>
Some good 80s 90s series usually OVA. I remember watching Macross TV as kid in 1993 local channel it is really awesome. A fighter plane that could transform and giant robot.

Then I try rewatching as nostalgia in 2012, I laughing becaus so many QUALITY. Especially you could notice some color each frame is not stable.
>>
https://www.animenostalgiabomb.com/animerica-cowboy-bebop-inspired-by-renegade-sputnik7-magic-knight-rayearth-january-2000/
>>
>>161685839
this
It's starting to create it's own Cinematic Universe with the some doujins
>>
File: 1498753899266.webm (3MB, 1550x872px) Image search: [Google]
1498753899266.webm
3MB, 1550x872px
yes
>>
File: berserk-figures.jpg (365KB, 900x1189px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-figures.jpg
365KB, 900x1189px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.