[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anemone movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

File: 1489748084221.jpg (1MB, 2150x3035px) Image search: [Google]
1489748084221.jpg
1MB, 2150x3035px
Allegedly, that is according to somebody that saw the premier of Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution at Otakon (not me), the second movie of the trilogy will be all about Anemone.
What do you think of this?
>>
>>161671133
How's the first movie according to them?
>>
File: 1489724445155.gif (3MB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
1489724445155.gif
3MB, 427x320px
>>161671267
https://www.reddit.com/r/eurekaseven/comments/6woey3/hievolution_review/
I don't like going there either.
>>
>>161671267
I heard the movie was shit and contradicts its history at every turn. I really don't know what to say about that, they can't even make a single decent movie. On the plus side it looked like Adrock was a lot more like Renton in this movie during his final moments when he dies.

A movie about Anemone is fine but I'm really worried they're going to fuk this up too. Reason being, I heard they want to make her play soccer in her mech or something.
>>
Huh didn't even know a movie series was coming out. Thought the series crashed and burned after the second season.
>>
>>161673450
This is the same series that stopped the plot for an episode for Renton to learn to pass in a soccer game.
>>
>>161673611
I think the series' main problem was it was always just moving forward without ever looking back, literally. Renton for example appears to learn from some of his experiences but never really recalls any of them. One of the biggest examples is how he never again mentions his encounter with Dominic/Anemone with anyone or how he never tells anyone what happened to him in Controrado. The only things he remembers is his family and the Beams.

Point being, the series was released with a story that needed some rewrites edits and a more cohesive story. As it is just about everything barely works enough so the viewer makes sense.

Watch just about any shounen even one of the more popular shows like Naruto and you see the difference. In 50 episodes although you don't get a complete story you still have a show that divides most of its run with multiple characters and you get a more enjoyable experience because of it.

Eureka 7 didn't have enough mecha action to be entertaining like other mecha shows and it lacked a solid script to do well with the character drama, it just falls flat no matter how you see it.
>>
>>161673868
I think they didn't reference those prior episodes because they made all of the plot important episodes first and then used what was left of the budget to make the inconsequential episodes which were often lower quality in animation.
>>
E7 is so dumb. I'll only watch the movie for the sakuga.
>>
FLY AWAY FLY AWAY
>>
>>161673868
I said this before and I'll say it again, the show aimed too high for its own good in the way it set up the story from beginning to end. There's no way it was going to pull it off if it was going to be about a 14 year old kid manning up. That other show Xam'd did the same thing and ended pretty abruptly. Unlike E7 though, I thought the other show did a better job balancing itself out with its characters. E7 AO tried but had too much pointless action at certain points in the show. That show also resorted to the retconning and that only blew up the show beyond salvation.
>>
>>161673450
>Reason being, I heard they want to make her play soccer in her mech or something.
How is that remotely bad
>>
>>161673584
It became an unmatched masterpiece in its second season.
>>161673868
The form of the series is amazing. You just want to be spoonfed.
>>
>>161671133
Anemone was best girl so I'm pretty hype now.
>>
>>161674440
It's not about a 14 year old kid 'manning up', it's about ecology, grace, and reconciliation, as well as the civilian's side of war.
The romance between Renton and Eureka is itself a romance, but also a parallel to the connection one has to the Earth despite its changes. It's also very critical of Enlightenment/modernist thought (the use of the Golden Bough, the odd political system that seems to take it as dogma, the conspiracies upon conspiracies and covered-up genocide are somehow very subtle about it.)
The romance from episode 1 to episode 26 is a direct parallel of the events starting with First Contact to humanity's return after their exodus. The romance from 27 to 50 run concurrently with reconciliation with the planet, with a bit of juxtaposition between Dewey and Renton. Yes, that does imply Dewey is literally raping the planet, all translations of his final scene, the one where he admits his plan to destroy the planet, also imply rape (that he is destroying the planet because it has been sullied by an alien race -- ironic because he is now sullying it.)
The theme of 'making things right' is also major to Anemone and Sakuya's individual romances.That is, razing the earth as Dewey planned is not a valid solution to the problem of coexistence.
The 'limit of life' is an odd plot device, it is essentially just an exaggeration of the conflict regarding their coexistence. There is actually no evidence that it exists, so it is likely another 'myth' like those presented in the Golden Bough. The Coralians probably discovered it in one of the people they hijacked and took it too seriously. Note that Dewey, and the odd patricide in the Novak family, is also a 'myth' in the Golden Bough. The series did everything it set out to do, and so much more. It's brilliant.
Damn casuals think they can talk about a series they probably last watched when they were 6 or 7. If you want, I can answer more questions.
>>
>>161675259
If it was a spinoff then whatever, if it's supposed to be a full length film that's supposed to add backstory and the like then I don't see how this is a good thing. I guess it depends on how it plays out.
>>
>>161673868
What do you mean, looking back? Why would it need to provide flashbacks? That's only necessary for very long-running series, or for people that can't follow a plot. It's only four cour, and to this day I still remember nearly every episode.
You're essentially just saying that it's not idiot friendly.
>>
File: 1500753671083.jpg (110KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1500753671083.jpg
110KB, 600x450px
Any full rips of that track from the Preview Trailer?
>>
>>161675841
It's probably going to be going into her character a bit more. Her playing soccer is a parallel to the soccer episode (which also happens in AO). Why don't you want to see Anemone happy?
PoR probably has nothing on these new film, and one of the best scenes is after the two reunite and essentially run off to fly around, then have a nap together to share their dreams. That movie failed in a lot of ways, but that wasn't one of its failures.
>>161675942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7h_8KO1HJ4
This?
>>
>>161675820
>The romance from episode 1 to episode 26 is a direct parallel of the events starting with First Contact to humanity's return after their exodus.

What do you mean by that?

>'limit of life'.....no evidence that it exists

But it did exist then where did the great wall come from? This is the entire reason AO exists in the first place.

I don't want to discuss AO because that show is a mess as it is even if I wanted to defend it.
>>
File: 1503955039480.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503955039480.gif
2MB, 500x400px
>>161675984
Nah this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QgwkwHC5pQ
Hardfloor-Acperience 7

Guess the band's music influenced the original(Tiger Track etc). So they worked with them for a song for the new movies.

This is the original 'Acperience 1'. With Acperience 7=Eurkea 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un4CeV_l3pI
>>
>>161675898
>not idiot friendly

More like barely comprehensible, the show skips a lot of exposition and tries very hard to avoid answering any story elements crucial to understand what was going on. Big example, what score was Charles talking about when he said he wanted to confront Holland. Leaving the military shouldn't be his only motive to want to kill him. Maybe he didn't know the truth about the mission carried out when they committed mass genocide? Point is, the viewer never knows.

When I said looking back I don't necessarily mean a flashback should be given, but the matter is completely lost in the storytelling. I'm pretty sure Holland would've asked Renton what happened after he landed on the ground when Renton met Anemone/Dominic but again nothing is ever mentioned again. The story surrounding Dominic's investigation on the other hand was something good and this is the kind of storytelling I'm talking about, making these connections between key characters when they should mean something to the story.
>>
Anemone is good, that's what I think.
>>
>>161676104
It's a bit difficult to explain. The most obvious point in the parallel is the moment Renton discovers that Eureka is different: when she tries to reenter the planet but cannot reintegrate. If you think of Eureka as the planet in regards to Renton's perspective -- her as a perfect, normal albeit a bit odd, girl -- him suddenly finding her in an such an altered state is essentially a parallel to the first time the Coralians became present to humans. This is not the same as first contact, which is episode one (on a side note, to support my seemingly unconvincing argument -- the Coralians 'named' her Eureka because they made contact with a human satellite called Eureka -- they're very childish at this point and could have easily began mythologizing about a 'limit of questions/life').
The span of episodes where Renton runs away, and lives with the Beams for a bit, is a parallel to the exodus. Their reuniting is a parallel to humanity's return to Earth -- the two have to reconcile a fair bit.
I suggest you rewatch these episodes to fully understand what I mean by this. This is a very new theory of mine that I have not fully fleshed out, but it is very obvious, too obvious to be unintentional, when you see how the first season essentially follows the entire relationship humans have had with Coralians up until the point where humanity returned from exodus.

>But it did exist then where did the great wall come from?
Maybe there is some truth to the myth, but the Great Wall is still presented as that: a myth.
Remember, when they pass through it, they don't enter another dimension, they just reach the 'original' layer of Earth.
>>
>>161671267
The fist 30 minutes are cool new stuff from the anime's backstory that we didn't get to see up to now.

Everything else is just a clusterfuck recap with the old animation.
>>
>>161676285
No, it's very comprehensible. It's just not idiot friendly. Stop demanding to be spoon fed. The series ended incredibly well because it did not spoonfeed, but rather implied.
You make the damn connections.
>>161676450
It's new animation or remastered (redone) animation. It's not really a clusterfuck if you're familiar with the events.
>>
>>161676510
>It's not really a clusterfuck if you're familiar with the events.

Its edited like a clustefuck.

More to the point its unnecessary this should have just been a 30 minute prequel OVA.
>>
>>161676578
I won't be able to judge its editing until I can watch it.
It should have been a full movie on Eureka, including them finding her, the archetypes, and so on.
>>
>>161676285
Barely covers what goes on in Dewey's side during the first half, never answers who the people of the Gekkostate are, etc. A lot of these people have a motive and we're supposed to assume their actions are justified.

The story definitely looks like it's divided in half but in the end like you said too many things are left unanswered.
>>
>>161676510
So who are the members of the Gekko? Why are they fighting against the government? Who the hell are these people?
>>
File: strawberry jam.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
strawberry jam.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>161671133
im down with it for reasons
>>
File: 1182323536001.jpg (81KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1182323536001.jpg
81KB, 704x528px
>>161671330

it's been twelve years and i still don't know what that fucking thing is
>>
>>161676638
Again, you're asking to be spoonfed. Who said anything about justification? No one is justified until much later in the series.
>>161676684
That is explained slowly through the first season. Stop asking to be spoonfed.
Your issue is unfamiliarity: this series has an atypical form and that bothers you. I bet you loved NGE, yet don't complain that nothing regarding the true intentions of the main institutions come to light until the end. At first, they seem like they're just trying to save the world. In E7, they just seem like a group of ex-military punks at first. That is enough.
>>
>>161676740
Mandatory moebait pet
>>
>>161671133
think its been long enough for me to give this story another looky loo
>>
>>161673450
>I heard the movie was shit and contradicts its history at every turn.
good ol' BONES
>>
After what they did with AO, I'm pretty weary about this.
>>
>>161677391
AO honestly wasn't that bad.
>>
File: 1341693879269.png (407KB, 2119x2233px) Image search: [Google]
1341693879269.png
407KB, 2119x2233px
>>161677391
I blame the fans for AO, not the studio
>>
File: an.png (63KB, 1297x256px) Image search: [Google]
an.png
63KB, 1297x256px
I posted what I thought about it when the movies were first announced.

This is basically what I've waited for for over ten years. I could cry.
>>
>>161677619

your opinion is very important to us
>>
>>161677547
What did the fans demand exactly? I liked E7 and thought it was fine ending there. The only thing I'd wish for if they ever did do more would be essentially a SoL with Renton and his family.
>>
>>161677693
They (some) wanted to know what happened after they fell to the earth. So they made an entire series just to make it obvious that they fucked.
>>
>>161676450
>The fist 30 minutes are cool new stuff from the anime's backstory that we didn't get to see up to now.
Because nobody gave a shit about the Summer of Love or what transpired there if anycase 20 minutes of a movie that amounts to 90 minutes is pretty fucking shit regardless.
>>
File: 1227835271665.jpg (684KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1227835271665.jpg
684KB, 1600x1200px
>>161671133
I hope it's good. I only care about these two.
>>
>Eureka Seven: 10/10 Great Anime
>Eureka Seven spinoff movie with an alternate history: shit
>Eureka Seven "sequel" series in an alternate universe: shit
>MORE Eureka Seven spinoff movies with an alternate history: ???

My bet's on shit.

For fuck's sake why couldn't they have either left it alone, or just made a decent continuation to the story that took place in the same universe and didn't contradict the story?
>>
File: 1232027356693.jpg (173KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1232027356693.jpg
173KB, 960x720px
>>161677619
I feel the same way. She was the best part of e7 that got that least screen time. When some incidental background character like that nigger Matthew gets more screen time and lines that she did, seriously what were they thinking?

>>161677671
>OP asks, literally, "what do you think?"
>posts previous and current thoughts
>gotta be passive aggressive about it, that'll show him!
You are a fag.
>>
>>161677671
I literally made this thread because I don't want to have to use fucking Reddit to talk about the series. I do want to hear opinions, because I'm still not certain about these movies.
>>161678273
Her scenes were all incredibly important though, whereas Matthew doesn't really have any important scenes, at least none that would be terrible if he were replaced with another pilot.
>>
>>161678107
>Eureka Seven: 10/10 Great Anime
Not even close
>>
>>161678376
100/10 you're right mate brainlets just won't understand
>>
>>161678376
You're right, 9.5/10.

I forgot about the shitty adopted kids.
>>
>>161676740
That thing showed up in xam'd didn't it?
>>
>>161678425
The kids were important in their own ways and were more a Gundam reference than anything. They're necessary for both of these reasons.
>>
File: smugeureka_02.jpg (59KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
smugeureka_02.jpg
59KB, 960x720px
>>161678376
It had a great sound track, cohesive world building, good animation, stellar character, environmental and mecha designs (I know you've never considered how genius the trapar trails LFO's leave behind is, being able to watch a dynamic and acrobatic battle from a distance because of them is a very under appreciated thing), character development, and a decisive ending, AO notwithstanding. And it keeps all of that up for 50 episodes. It has its flaws sure but so does everything else. Even the best anime are just 9/10s because nothing is perfect, but Eureka SeveN is a 10/10 anime for those who like its aesthetics.
>>
>>161678594
Also worth noting, it was made in 2003, the early 2000's transition to digital was a disaster for most studious but Bones nailed this magnum opus.
>>
File: 8LSW8l7.gif (835KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
8LSW8l7.gif
835KB, 300x169px
>>161678594
>cohesive world building, good animation, stellar character, environmental
>character development, and a decisive ending
>>
>>161677391

We all are anon, but it seems like maybe they learned their lesson. I won't be watching it though till I know for sure it's not shit.
>>
Why does she pilot like that?
>>
>>161678376
Read some of my analyses in this thread. Find me another series that comes close to that. Find me another work of sci-fi ecological fiction that doesn't simply resort to climate change memes and fearmongering over immanent disaster. Or a series that does this all while managing to run parallels through war and counter culture that alongside its ecological themes, actually manages to have a coherent argument against war. So much war fiction romanticizes it, the soldiers, and so on. The military is completely humanized in E7 besides one actual pedophile maniac, and the entire main cast is military not trying to justify themselves, but trying to reconcile.
>>161678706
Why don't you actually watch it, Anon? The ending was perfect.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>161678823
>Find me another work of sci-fi ecological fiction that doesn't simply resort to climate change memes and fearmongering over immanent disaster. Or a series that does this all while managing to run parallels through war and counter culture that alongside its ecological themes, actually manages to have a coherent argument against war
Not even E7 did this. Everything it did had already been done by Gundam and vritually every fucking robot anime in the 80's even your precious waifu Eureka was ripped off from a much better series much like everything in E7
>>
I think Eureka and Anemone should kiss
>>
File: 1448851539856.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448851539856.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>161677671
Your opinions on his opinion are important to no one

inb4
>that's just your opinion
No u
>>
>>161678937
>it didn't do it
It did though. Everybody knows E7 is also about Gundam.
Stop being butthurt
>>
>>161678937
I also don't see any sources.
>>
At the very least we got a sick new song out of this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Smjs-d_KhE
>>
>>161682205
Actually, anybody know if the song that begins at 0:21 is the same song that begins later on called Glory Days?
>>
Anemone & Dominic were great but I feel like they'd only work in short bursts like how they were in the original.
>>
>>161671133
>What do you think of this?

E7 is over, all their attempts at making it a "franchise" have failed, Anemone was one of the better parts of E7 but her story arc was completed, there is nothing else that need to be done.

Its going to be shit, I dont think Bones understand what made E7 good, hell I dont understand why it was a good series, it had its ups and downs but Bones is entirely clueless to why E7 worked as the movie and the so called "sequel" were shit, no reason to believe this will be diferent.
>>
>>161678937
E7 was 'ripped off' from afterworld to some extent afaik.
>>
>>161676740
It's called a wingman, and a damn good one at that.
>>
>>161678823
No he has a point anon I happen to be as big a fan as the self proclaimed average E7 fan but the story was pretty messy from a storytelling point of view. It's watchable for sure but it's not as good as it could've been if Bones was careful.
>>
>>161678594
>for those who like its aesthetics

That's all it had going for it though, everything else was barely passable or terrible. From an artistic point of view, it really does stand out for a lot of reasons you stated but that's it. Better than other shiny pieces of shit like that Code Geass ripoff but then again that's not saying much.
>>
>>161682527
I don't think the story is messy at all, it's just not what you expect
>>
>>161682658
Read the thread, I explain why it's an excellent series.
It's art, so why should it stand out as anything else? What do you want, for it to help you with your math homework?
>>
>>161684013
I think the story is incredibly messy and the ending winds up being an asspull as a result of the director changing the ending when production was near completion
>>
>>161684287
I heard that's pretty much what happened. I heard the manga ending was the real ending with some changes closer to the anime. The reason it changed was to thank all people involved in the project.
>>
>>161682297
Rumor is that Dominic don't exist in this new movie and Anemone will be paired with Renton.
>>
>>161684287
The asspull at the end is genuinely brilliant. It probably wasn't intentional like the parallels I pointed out earlier, but damn is it impressive. It's an insult to the common conception of 'good resolution'. It's a literal deus ex machina. It doesn't need to make sense because it isn't trying to at that point. It's totally optimistic (in the optimistic sense -- not that one ought to 'appreciate what they have', but rather realize that the 'way of things' is to not be negative, but rather positive.)
Just watch New Order. That has the 'struggle' you nihilists want. Or the manga ending, which is just hollow and contrary to everything the series built up to.
The story is not messy, it just isn't so straight-and-narrow as you expect. A mess cannot be followed or made clean, E7's plot can be.
>>
>>161684598
>doesn't need to make sense

ty anon you just solved all plot holes and asspull endings in every single piece of literature in existence
>>
>>161684598
That sounds like something I would read in moesucks.
>>
>>161678047

episode 48 still gives me feels
>>
>>161684598
My point:
The series was never supposed to end negatively. It's irrelevant if that was planned, because that plan was totally antithetical to the series. Fatalism has no place in this series, Renton's transformation at the end is an affront to existence (at least that is how AO poses it). Compare that to Renton's dealing with the sick Vodarac girl. To put it in very high-schoolish terms, he was very hopeless at that point because he could not save that sick girl (clearly, he was worried that he could not save Eureka also.) Eureka actually being forced to become the new Command Cluster, not just her half-assing a re-assimilation, is a clear 'progress' not in character, but in force of will and confidence. Renton does not tactically save Eureka, he forces his way through all defenses (arguably, her doing though she may not have had complete control yet -- something about her 'dying' to save the world.)
This is why New Order is an awful ending independent of it basically being a drama CD set to awkwardly-edited, recycled footage. That's why nobody really likes the manga. It's why they changed the damn ending. It was a bad idea, nobody wanted it except a handful with terribly anachronistic ideas about literary theory.
>>161684806
Yes, how dare I, an author, criticize literary theory. Clearly, literary form and philosophy should have stayed static since cave drawings.
The notion that a plot must 'make sense' is a serious barrier in literature. Not everything makes sense.
>>161684838
I've never been there but I assume that's an insult.
>>
>>161685154
>moesucks

A site where anime are reviewed with several members doing much of the reviewing. Some reviews are known to be controversial because they may usually go against popular opinion.
>>
>>161686574
What if I like moe
>>
>>161685154
I always thought the end was basically an exaggeration of how love can save the world no matter how many logic barriers it has to break. That was the point behind the whole anything goes attitude the episode had. It's cliche asf but that's what the show was going for in this episode as well as the half point in the series. The reunion between the protags stopped an entire battle from taking place and no one had to die.
>>
>>161686993
It basically is, I was just saying that in a verbose way. The only person who had to die was Dewey who killed himself anyway out of spite.
The ending is really silly. Nirvash's evolution is on screen for about two minutes total and then leaves the fucking dimension after popping up again. It's never used in real combat, and as I said before, the only thing he is fighting is Eureka.
Apparently, this scene is heavily taken from a live action series that I can't remember the name of, the same series that 2.22's ending 'rips off'.
>>
AS LONG AS "THOSE FUCKING KIDS" AREN'T IN IT THEN IT WILL BE A MASTERPIECE
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.