[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I was just your average high school student >but then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

>I was just your average high school student
>but then I became an isekai OP MC
>oh wow so cliche lmao
How can someone unironically write an intro like this to a manga?
>>
>>161610346
Because Japan has shit taste and keeps lapping it up.
>>
File: 1371173232940.jpg (92KB, 482x569px) Image search: [Google]
1371173232940.jpg
92KB, 482x569px
>>161610346
Google reverse image search isn't working.
What the fuck is this. And I could've sworn I read all the shitty isekai manga there is to read already.
>>
>>161610542
>implying the west doesn't like to eat shit just as much
Japan isn't the nation where SAO is worshipped on normie sites like MAL and leddit.
>>
File: Can't be helped.jpg (57KB, 464x450px) Image search: [Google]
Can't be helped.jpg
57KB, 464x450px
>>161610739
The title is literally Isekai Cheat Magician.
>>
>>161610781
>normie
>>>/r9k/
Fuck off.
>>
>>161610346
Japan trained its readers to eat shit.
>>
>>161610346
>the market is so flooded with isekai that they can actually get away with a one page intro like this
Fucking hell.
>>
>>161610346
At least this one is unique in that he doesn't gain a harem of otherworldly exotic races but has a single childhood friend from Japan as his love interest.
>>
File: IMG_2820.jpg (31KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2820.jpg
31KB, 1024x576px
>>161610346
>heroine named Rin
>her schtick is being able to control all four elements when most people can only control one
Are you fucking shitting me.
There's a limit to how derivative you can get.
Is the guy going to be able to fucking xerox swords too?
>>
File: the shieldbro finds a way.png (501KB, 980x737px) Image search: [Google]
the shieldbro finds a way.png
501KB, 980x737px
Okay anons what sorta isekai series have you read or watched recently? keep it to manga and anime for now, but LNs are ok if they have adaptations coming or ongoing.
>>
>>161610346
Wasn't mass-producing bloated garbage with no value, pandering to positive audience responses, standard for majority of literature, post-industrial revolution? Basically things for most people to at least enjoy, released in shorter forms in magazines to maximize profits?
So, this particular trend pandering to bored teenagers with no taste who just want something familiar and yet outside of the normal world, even making them feel that they could have this other reality; isn't it normal for humans to have this uninteresting smear in its cultural history that will never be remembered? Isn't it just poor japs trying to forget about their hellish school system and bleak future work routine? Should it be expected for harder-to-parse artworks to be popular and more proliferate, when majority of the population doesn't have the intellectual curiosity to enjoy them?

Be nice to the poor losers. I'm not one of them,
I read the smart cartoons.
>>
>>161611413
>unable to confess
>>
>>161610346
Here's a batter question
Why are so many fags on /a/ like you still unironnically addicted to reading Isekai?
>>
>>161611619
better*
>>
>>161610346
japs lack the good writing skills gene
>>
Is there a good way to write an isekai? Like, I'm surprised we haven't seen an isekai that delves into why an ordinary high school boy would happily leave his old life behind and start indulging in himself, and the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>161611683
Re:Zero exists.
>>
File: 325.jpg (151KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
325.jpg
151KB, 1600x900px
>>161611413
Although the premise is probably very limited, I really am enjoying this one right now.
>>
File: IMG_2699.png (59KB, 362x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2699.png
59KB, 362x278px
>>161611683
>Like, I'm surprised we haven't seen an isekai that delves into why an ordinary high school boy would happily leave his old life behind and start indulging in himself
"Wow, I've left boring Japan and have landed in a world full of wonder and adventure, where I am a godlike entity that can crumble kingdoms at his leisure! OH GEE I WONDER WHAT REASON I WOULD HAVE TO PREFER THIS LIFE OVER MY FORMER ONE?"
Come the fuck on anon this isn't hard.
>>
>>161611683
Read Risou no Himo Seikatsu.
>>
>>161611672
Walk into a bookstore sometime and check the young adult novels section. It's the same shit.
>>
>>161611683
>>161611683
no, destroy the isekai era, cut down the production and hype. It keeps coming out like chinese factory, the entire isekai franchise right now is just mass producing to hope you can pick a golden egg out of a million.

but it's worthless to change at this point when both west and Jp fags cling onto the fad because it's the convenience and marketable.
>>
File: 1499855860.jpg (225KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499855860.jpg
225KB, 768x1024px
>>161611413
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Good premise, interesting beginning, gets boring once it tries to set up a world.
>>
>>161611683
>Is there a good way to write an isekai?
Of course there is, but the vast majority of isekai writers are dogshit who use isekai as a crutch because they lack creativity and life experience.
>>
>>161611413
I've been enjoying Mushoku Tensei.
>>
File: rimuru.jpg (595KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rimuru.jpg
595KB, 1920x1080px
>>161611890
Right now the TLers of the novel version are making a backup of the first set of chapters that were done by another transaltion team right? This is really gonna slow down the last chapters. And it was already super slow.
>>
>isekai where the MC isnt a high school student
>He accidentally ends up OP
>But all he really wants to do is travel the world and eat food

Yes, Yes, yes

>invariably he ends up battling the fucking gods for more or less the sake of creation itself

Fuck man, every time! I feel like sooner or later every isekai suddenly decides the main character should just fight against the gods themselves.
>>
>>161611981
>Mc finds this girl he wants to settle down with and perhaps have a family
>her race can only mate with gods
>she'll tell him how to become one once he leaves a hundred descendants or something
>"Fuck no i'll find how to become a god myself then"
>>
>>161611981
Death March is trash and so are you for enjoying it.
>>
File: 45.jpg (206KB, 869x1236px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
206KB, 869x1236px
>>
>>161612164
>tfw you're a demigod angel girl who thinks she's an average Japanese high school boy who is controlling the body of his demigod angel girl avatar
>>
>>161612164
Did the party get ambushed by the last bosses just stepping out of the first area?
>>
>>161611981
Fucking this. Why do comfy isekai always devolve into save-the-world bullshit?
>>
>>161612274
Because the MC cant enjoy his meals and travels if the world ends.
>>
>>161612269
Its more that the people of the world tried to summon a hero but accidentally summoned the evil demon lord (Female) who took over the whole world 200 years ago.
>>
>>161611214
At this point, why even make it an isekai? It's the same way I feel about Knight's and Magic, it could have been a fantasy with Gundams and been the same exact series.
>>
>>161611979
The first 100? chapters were on some guys wordpress when he nuked the whole thing, so they want to post all his stuff again.
>>
>>161612369
Fantasy not-gundam would be interesting. has it ever been done before K&M?
>>
>>161610346
>I was just your average white teacher
>but then I got cancer and become a drug dealer
>oh wow so cliche lmao

>I was just your average white police
>but then I got into accident and when I woke up there's zombie
>oh wow so cliche lmao

OP your a faggot.
>>
>>161610346
>>161610346
They should do the opposite. An op cheat dude of an alternate world getting reincarnated into a loser meet highschooler and actually having to work to suceed but he finds a good girlfriend who loves him for who he is (not a slave harem) and good trusting friends who stay by him not cause of his powers cause they actually like him. In he end he has a choice of going back but decides to stay
>>
>>161612384
Yeah, why did it get nuked though? did the clown guy quit or something?
>>
>>161612274
Because the authors are constantly trying to find new material to pad out their aimless isekai romp so eventually they hit the "eh, fuck it, might as well do a save the world adventure while we're at it" point.
Other common filler material include level grinding, Sim City/kingdom management, magic experimentation, noble politics, academy life, dungeon diving, adventurer guild quests, being a Jew, and the most infamous COOKING SEQUENCE.
>>
>>161612389
Aura Battler Dunbine was sort of like that. It was even by Yoshiyuki Tomino.
>>
>>161611413
I recently watched a Shojo ln series with a female lead. Way diffrent then the one with a male lead
>>
>>161612392
Neither of those literally start with the narrator saying those words.
>>
>>161612369
>At this point, why even make it an isekai?
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. It seems like the only reason people bother is because it's so familiar.
>>
>>161612476
Ugh, come to think of it, even Dunbine was an isekai.
>>
>>161611820
No electricity or technogy and a higher chance of tying from a plague like disease
>>
>>161612455
So Hataraku Maou-sama, except replace NEET with minimum wage cuck.
>>
>>161611585
tl;dr- It's okay to be shit because it's fun.
No it's not. Not even smartphone accepts it. The industry has been throwing things against the wall hoping for anything to stick for years now.
That's happening everywhere. No one knows what works or why anymore. Look at Netflix. Isekai template is working now, in five years we'll be complaining about something else I'm sure.
>>
Why isn't there like an Isekai about a guy who griefs video games in his life and he gets isekaid into the generic RPG world and then starts griefing for real in there?

Like imagine there's like a bullshit building mechanic or something and he blocks off the demon lords door to his fortress so he cant get out or something.
>>
Im curious. In a number of isekai there's often some other summoned smuck(s) who are way weaker than the MC. And sometimes those dudes do just want to go home by defeating the demon lord or whatever.

Is there an isekai that just plays this straight? Like hey, you were summoned, you're a hero but not OP, defeat the demon lord you get to go back home. And the MC actually does do just that?
>>
>>161612548
Is that really like that? I thought it was another harem series. Gonna go read it
>>
>>161612533
No, people bother to so they can up the self insertion factor.
>the MC of my shitty WN is not in fact, figuratively me, but quite literally me.
>>
>>161612465
Each one of those, except probably the last, can be decent on their own if done properly.
>>
>>161612593
Forgot to add that just because it's isekai doesn't mean it's not shit. There are a lot of good things in Knights and Magic, namely the mech fighting animation is really well done. They still do great work, but it's inexcusable to put less thought into the writing even if the idea is trash a talented writer can make it amazing.
These are people with poor talent, extremely stressed, young, and they need to pump out lots of content. That's why they are failing.
>>
File: 91mfwowtH+L.jpg (513KB, 1450x2052px) Image search: [Google]
91mfwowtH+L.jpg
513KB, 1450x2052px
>>161611413
Like >>161612511 I've recently been following series with female protag. And wow somehow I could tolerate their bullshit better than with male MCs.

Bakarina over here for example, is dense as fuck, she's as dense as most male harem MC.
>>
>>161612369
>At this point, why even make it an isekai?
because isekai sells well currently
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.