[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the closest an anime ever got to imitating a golden age-sque

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: perfectinsider.jpg (178KB, 1290x1000px) Image search: [Google]
perfectinsider.jpg
178KB, 1290x1000px
This is the closest an anime ever got to imitating a golden age-sque detective fiction story.
And even as such, it's still pretty shit. Is anime just not the medium for classic detective fiction?

The opening, though.
>>
File: Mouryou no Hako.jpg (61KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mouryou no Hako.jpg
61KB, 306x450px
>>161574564
I liked Subega ga F ni naru.
But pic related is the best imo.
>>
File: he could have saved the world.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
he could have saved the world.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>161574564
This could've been really good if only the directing wasn't so utterly shitty
>>
>>161574564
The twist wasn't bad, it's just that the show was boring at times.
>>
File: 1482717673429.jpg (318KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482717673429.jpg
318KB, 1280x720px
It had an amazing OP and ED and was pretty funny sometimes. I liked it.
>>
>>161574564
When they actually focused on the mystery it was great. Personally didn't care for all the existential angst stuff though.

Also that entire episode of the VAs speaking english was not a good idea.
>>
>>161574564
> Is anime just not the medium for classic detective fiction?
What makes you think that? Conan is still popular as fuck and Sakurako-san was pretty good.

I'm still waiting for the anime adaptation of devotion of suspect x.
>>
File: subete ga f ni naru.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
subete ga f ni naru.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>161574564
How 'classic' is detective Konan? That has been airing for ages now.
>>
I dropped this like four episodes in I think. After there was some segway zombie or something I don't even remember.

Isn't there some loli detective series out there?
>>
>>161574564
Considering how bad Sky Crawlers was, I'm going to guess that this guy's novels aren't very good to begin with, and that it's not the anime medium's fault.
>>
>>161574564
I personally think that episodes being only roughly 20 minutes long is part of the reason why detective stories don't work too well in anime. It may seem like a small thing, but breaking narrative into smaller segments and pacing it enforces leaves room for only relatively short and simple mysteries to work properly in that format.
>>
>>161576267
Man that pic sure gave a nice dose of nostalgia
>>
moe is cute and has a nice butt, needs doujins
>>
>>161574564
Rarely does a film or series manage to correctly give that golden age feeling, it usually ends up becoming a thriller or a mediocre mistery.
Subete ga f ni naru wasnt that bad tough, the story had this odd existential theme wich didnt really fit but at least the "trick" was pretty original.
>>
>>161574564
The OP and ED were the only good parts of that trainwreck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i8GGYdwq3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viCewgX6xak
>>
>>161575197
Good taste.

>>161576267
Yeah, really poor directing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.