[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you adapt the Saber route to fate / stay night in anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: saber-fate-stay-night.jpg (327KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
saber-fate-stay-night.jpg
327KB, 1366x768px
I would think of adapting this similar to Katanagatari, 12 or 6 monthly/bi-monthly OVA lasting between 20 to 60 minutes.
>>
The story would have to be largely rewritten so that it isn't a bunch of boring, redundant, silly bullcrap with a few good character scenes
>>
>>161569496
It'd only be redundant because it wouldn't work as a series intro anymore. The order was messed up
>>
File: saberpastubwif.jpg (162KB, 1926x1080px)
saberpastubwif.jpg
162KB, 1926x1080px
>>
>>161569354

They already did it. The DEEN anime was like 80% Fate route with some extra stuff thrown in from other routes.

And I would do it the way they did it. Focus on the love story between Shirou and Saber and basically fade everything else to the background. You could probably do it in one cour of normal 20 minute episodes as long as you start from the assumption that you can't cover any of the other routes.
>>
>>161569354
There's no need for more Fateshit,
>>
>>161579069

But I like Fate.
>>
>>161579069

No.
>>
More DEEP DARK FANTASY Sakura
>>
>>161569354
>How would you adapt the Saber route to fate / stay night in anime?

The way DEEN already did it. Fuck off.
>>
File: DEEN Stay Night.png (259KB, 1823x423px)
DEEN Stay Night.png
259KB, 1823x423px
>>161576819
This
>>
>>161569354
>>161574302
TYPE-MOON gave the first route out for free for Android and iOS, you know? It’s kind of like they want to apologize to the Fate fans and at the same time give everyone watching the anime the opportunity to catch up. I mean, FZ-only people should be massively disappointed with Saber’s role in this route.

Nasu specifically told ufotable when they decided to adapt UBW “Hey guys, this isn’t Saber’s route, so I just want her to look cute and act like a motherly/guardian-like character”, so that was the reason why I accepted that she wouldn’t get any development. Any reactions or interactions with Shirou and Archer, where her wish and story is referenced and foreshadowed, in the novel, even if there were few, were cut out in the first half.

Then in the second half, they decided in the last three/four episodes to add original scenes to characterize her. It doesn’t feel right to me, it should have happened sooner. It’s kind of like with Ilya in UBW, where relevant character info about her is revealed in a flashback in the episode where she gets killed. Far too late (though I know Ilya will get her scenes in HF, so that didn’t bother me).

And… well, UBW isn’t really Rin’s route either, so that shouldn’t have been an issue. It’s only called the Rin route, because she is the love interest, developing Saber earlier wouldn’t have hurt. Heaven’s Feel is more about Rin than UBW. As the name suggests, UBW is a story about Archer (and of course Shirou).
>>
But then how are we going to discover the various revelations that we only have in the Saber route?
>>
>>161569354
I wouldnt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.