[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Japan running out of source materials to adapt.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: minutes of anime.png (31KB, 704x320px) Image search: [Google]
minutes of anime.png
31KB, 704x320px
Anime as a medium is largely dependend on the quality of related mediums (manga/VN/LN), and used as an advertisment for them.
Since 2000 the ammount of late night anime is constantly rising, except when the industry had a crisis in the mid-end 2000s
2015 reached a new record with 60800 minutes of late night anime being produced, but the recent years lacked large hits like the early and mid 2000s had.

I assume that this is because the related mediums can't keep up with the ammount of anime being produced.
It isn't rare that smaller works are receiving adaptions, which wouldn't even be considered for an adaption in the earlier 2000s.

My question: do you think that that this is going to turn into a problem for the industry, and how can the industry solve the problem?
>>
>>161564150
>I assume that this is because the related mediums can't keep up with the ammount of anime being produced.
I assume you're wrong because drawing manga and writing VN/LN all takes significantly less work than adapting them as anime, not to mention that it is much cheaper. There is absolutely no way for anime to ever overtake the related media in terms of overall output.
>>
Interesting to see late night anime surpassed daytime in 2015.

It's possible that they'll start producing anime from even more obscure mediums. We've already had Vocaloid song adaptations, and mobage adaptations will probably become more common. Sadly.

It's an odd situation though. They're clearly running out of source material hits to adapt, so they'll either have to adapt non-hits and hope it works out or just make less anime. The patrician's choice would be to make more originals but that's not feasible.
>>
>>161564150
That graph is shit and not useful to make assumptions about anime in general, make it stacked columns and we can talk.
>>
>>161564236
I should have better worded it.
It's true that it is easier to produce LN,manga etc..., but I meant the ammount of quality works.
It makes no sense to adapt the small badly drawn 4-koma from a noname-author.
>>
>>161564150
Finish adapting what already exists.
>>
If the industry continues to make more deals with streaming sites, they can focus on adapting good source material that's already completed instead of betting on what's up-and-coming.
>>
>>161564344
We're seeing more original series again than we did around 2010.
Another trend is non-Japanese source material. So far it's mostly Chinese pushed horrible shit but there's some potential.
>>
File: 1473323643560.jpg (32KB, 562x544px)
1473323643560.jpg
32KB, 562x544px
>>161564367
>It makes no sense to adapt the small badly drawn 4-koma from a noname-author
It has worked before.
>>
If you had any idea just how much manga is out there, you'd know how retarded you sound.
>>
Well shit
>>
You can't run out of source material to adapt.
That's retarded.
>>
File: 56928327_p0.png (982KB, 1148x966px)
56928327_p0.png
982KB, 1148x966px
>>161564150

Not until they give us the rest of 12 Kingdoms.
>>
>>161564150
If anything, it's the opposite. The demand for anime adaptations is so high that it's hard to justify making more than a single cour of anything. Quantity over quality.
>>
>>161564150
This is not a bad thing for us. Because they can't rely on new franchises, they will play "safe" and revive old series with a secure fanbase, like what are we watching today (Code Geass, Kino, etc).
Maybe I could get my fucking 3rd season of Spice and Wolf already
>>
>>161564344
Daytime anime is fucking shit.
Also don't dis adaption of weird stuff, not only a bunch of decent/good stuff came from that (Kemono Friends, Wixoss, Rage of Bahamut), but they also allow a lot of freedom for the anime studios, almost original level at that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.