[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix Deathnote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
oh man did they butcher the fuck out of the source material. literally nothing from the original anime is similar in this abomination. What are your thoughts?
>>
SHIT
>>
>>161553633
this feels like an american teenager flick
>>
>>161553794
Im really curious why they changes light from a popular smart kid who looks up to his father into an angsty little bitch with daddy issues. Ryuk was kinda cool tho.
>>
>>161553829
he screams like a fag too
>>
>adaptation of a long running series into a single movie by a completely different set of people on the other side of the world is different
WOW I'M SHOCKED
>>
>>161553849
He obviously is a fag.
No disrespect...but Light from the movie looks like he enjoys dick in and around his orifices.
>>
>>161553885
I actually am a little shocked about how far off the original material they went. All the characters have completely different personalities. L's biggest issue isnt even him being a different race. L is not even close to the L in the anime. He acts so stupidly and irrationally.
>>
>>161553849
>>161553633
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPulAk0nuT4
>>
>>161553885
It's intentional these days. Story doesn't matter if you replace some characters for the sake of diversity
>>
>>161553633
>western adaptation
No.
>>
>>161553633

Everything about L's plotline was better than the original
>>
>>161553633
>original anime
Is the movie based on the anime plot rather the manga one?
>>
>>161553633
>Take something that's good.
>Remove the things that make it good.
>Expect it to still be good.
Hollywood. Every fucking time.
>>
>>161554107
Can you explain your reasoning?
>>
>>161553885
>long running
It's merely 100 chapters faggot, the first book of Lord of the Rings had far more content and was still a non-lackluster adaption.
>>
>>161553633
see >>161535100
>>
this "movie" is massive shit
>Light character is a squealer afraid of his shadow
>Mia is an egocentric evil bitch
>L is a rabid autustic little boy, running left and right with a gun
>Light father is the only one with a proper role and sanity, making him the one concrete
>Light tell hist father, L and the first girl he meet that he is Kira and that he can kill with a book
>Ryuk manipulates Light to take some decision (kill this one, kill that other one just for the lulz)
>Every death scene is something gore splatter like the final destination movie death scenes
do i need to go on?
>>
The source material was already shit
>>
File: IMG_6237.jpg (125KB, 450x1798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6237.jpg
125KB, 450x1798px
>>
>>161553633
I figure what happened was that investors or execs thought that Japanese cartoons won't sell well to a western audience so they did everything to maximize profits so they pulled out all the stops in order to pander to the American audience as much as possible. The end result was this abortion being made. Also, they had to have went out of their way to find the most autistic beta male they find to play Light. I bet they settle with no name fag boy because they couldn't afford Michael Cera.
>>
>>161553633
Condensing source material that is dozens of chapters long is almost impossible. The Japanese fail at it i'm hardly surprised netflix couldn't do it either.
>>
I think it was fairly faithful to the original.

You still have Ryuk, L's autism, Kira, all shit that would have totally be removed from a Hollywood version.
>>
>>161555535
literally nothing you listed makes it good
>>
>>161554749
>Light character is a squealer afraid of his shadow
Tbf anyone would freak out if he was alone in a room and things started flying around.
>>
>>161555535
>It was good because it had characters in it.
You seem like a likable person who is easy to please annon.
>>
>so many threads
And people wonder why Netflix made this.
They just want you to watch it, they don't care if you like it.
>>
>>161555535
>have Ryuk
>no Shinigami realm
>no Shinigami eyes
>not even the one to tell Light he's being tailed by FBI
Why have Ryuk at all in the movie? Remove him, and it actually slightly improves by making the notebook more mysterious.
>>
File: Leafy or light.png (298KB, 412x434px) Image search: [Google]
Leafy or light.png
298KB, 412x434px
>>161553633
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.