[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

What was supposed to be so incredible about this movie?
I get it, it looks amazing and the story is pretty good but I can't think of a reason this is supposed to be so groundbreaking.

Koe no Katachi came around the same time and is way better than this but no one gives a shit.
>>
>>161521752
Koe no Katachi is worse than this in every way though.
>>
>>161521784
I felt more things in the first 10 minutes of Koe no Katachi than in the entirety of Your Name.
>>
>>161521752
Because it resonated with many different audiences and people liked it. Are you so autistic that such a simple concept is so hard to grasp? I haven't watched Koe no Katachi but I get the gist that it has a very cute deaf girl and she gets bullied and then there's romance, and I have no interest in checking out something so cheap and emotionally manipulative. I also find shitty effects like chromatic aberration in anime of all places to be absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>161521752
It's the only Shinkai movie that is cute teenage romance and doesn't turn to garbage like the Garden of Words or 5cm/s
>>
>>161521752
People feel the need to set cultural standards in order to be able to bond over them, regardless of their quality. It doesn't matter if this movie is bad or good, they'll watch it and see there's another thousand people talking about it, so they'll get that feel of communion and belonging.
>>
>>161521820
The movie has barely any romance and is more about the mc coming to terms with his shit. But yeah I agree they went overboard with the cromatic aberration and more visual shit.
>>
>it looks amazing
It looks like an expensive tv anime. It has no cinematic flair.
>>
People were already familiar with KnK's manga and the whole thing was too rushed in comparison, so it was pretty meh.
Also people disliked its ending arc and actual ending a lot.
>>
>>161521752
>this is supposed to be so groundbreaking.
Why are you making up bullshit?
>>
>>161521752
>What was supposed to be so incredible about this movie?
>I get it, it looks amazing
Well, that didn't take you long.
>>
>>161521752
You already got it right, it's overhyped because it looks beautiful and yes KnK is more true to life and it's easier to connect to it
>>
>>161521752
Koe no Katachi was fucking boring. I literally fell asleep 30 minutes into the movie.
>>
>>161524011
>毛糸愛
Wool love?
>>
>>161521752
I think both of them amazing
>>
>>161521752
With this kind of thing it's always the same reason: Non-anime people talking about the movie.
>>
File: tumblr_otq5lmJzmy1snbyiqo2_540.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otq5lmJzmy1snbyiqo2_540.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>161521752

I respect you a lot man, but you're not even worth renaming a tumblr gif.
>>
>>161524581
If the movie was that for the whole 2 hours it would be a 10/10
>>
>>161521752
Your Name is the best anime I have ever seen but Koe no Katachi is just one of my favorite animes.
>>
>>161521752
>e no Katachi came around the same time and is way better than this but no one gives a shit.

Except for the fact that KnK was a simple adaptation of a manga and one that failed on quite a few points.
It may be a good movie, but you're still getting the definitive experience by reading the source material and people who have read it were pretty disappointed.
>>
>>161524831
Are the things they cut out good enough to read the manga after watching the movie?
>>
>>161524831
I have read it but I think this movie good just the same.
>>
>>161521752
It was basically a butchered 5cms per second with a "good" ending, I honestly watch it with a cousin of mines and he liked it simply because of that, I however couldn't give a shit about the characters and was bored.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.