[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the f*** would you survive this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 4.jpg (436KB, 1008x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
436KB, 1008x1600px
>>
I don't understand those rules.
They are not properly explained.
"Should your held points drop below 0, it's game over" implies that individuals can be dropped to below 0 ppints. Can you distribute your own 10k points in such a way that some party members start with negative points?
Touching the base means you have infinite points. That means your team total cannot drop below 0 while at least one team member stays at home, touching the base. You literally cannot lose.

If you can assign negative points, then I would give one player -10^10^100 points, and give everybody else ridiculously high scores. The guy with the negative points stays at the base, and the rest go hunting.
But here is the problem:
You can't take more than 500 points from every opponent before they return to their base. Unless they are really stupid, they are going to realize that they must not let go of their base. And at that point you are stuck.
This game can only be won against retards.
>>
>>161484444
I forgot about the time limit. That makes things slightly less stupid, but the rules are still really imbalanced.
>>
>>161484444
I believe the "held points" would refer to the team total not to an individual player, as in if a team has 0 points to steal from the game is ended immediately. Or maybe that or if a single person is reduced to zero points they just die "game over" since the OP implies this is a survival scenario
>>
>>161484498
>I believe the "held points" would refer to the team total
That's what I was going with, yes. But as I said, it's an irrelevant rule if you keep somebody at home to guard the base.
He will automatically win any match because he has infinite points. If he manages to touch the opponent before they touch the base, he can stop them from touching the base at all. If he doesn't manage to do that, he can still take the points back.
>>
Most likely translation error.
Probably said something like the base can restore your points unlimited amount of times
>>
>>161484757
>restore your points
Restore your points to what?
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the game if you could just get fresh points at your home base?
>>
>>161484444
No negatives
When an individuals points hits zero they die and theyre out
Theres a time limit and its not like its one sided.B oth sides want to win, but you cant just all sit at the base
each team has 10k and theres items worth enough points to turn the tides.
>>161484533
Each team has a base.
It's clearly risky so obviosuly each would have someone stay at the base
Like you say, if someone is there, you can't steal from their base
But if they do get there while its unguarded then they definitely arent going to stay there in arms reach and no one is going to have enough points to stop them after that
>>161484757
It doesnt restore or grant points to your team. Its basically invincibility for you when youre touching it as well as defending it from the enemy taking points
>>161484269
OP should have said but this is from Alic in Borderlands if anyone was interested. They play a bunch of death games against their will
>>
>>161484806
>When an individuals points hits zero they die and theyre out
That makes things even more retarded.
I give everybody the minimum amount of points, have them stay at the base and then I go out by myself, hunting for the extra-point items. The game is asking you to keep the points concentrated.
>>
>>161484870
The only other strategy there is, depending on how the rules work, is to give a few people 501 points each.
They can get their points stolen by the opponents when they get into a battle, but after that they are completely safe and can collect the items (if the items can be picked up and carried) or they can just go ahead and attack the opponents directly. A "high current shock" sounds like a nasty weapon.
>>
what chapter and page?
>>
File: Imawa no Kuni no Alice.jpg (234KB, 960x1378px) Image search: [Google]
Imawa no Kuni no Alice.jpg
234KB, 960x1378px
>>161484870
But then there's only one of you against an unknown number of enemies looking for the treasure. Plus, if you're by yourself and battle someone another opponent can sneak up on you to knock you out with the electric shock.

>>161485054
No idea what page but the best scene is on it
>>
>>161484910
>opponent keeps their base guarded by several 1HP guards
>you attack with invulnerable 1HP attackers, shock the guards and drag one away from the base
>10000 HP main player hits him, returns to base and comes back for the next one.
There are tactics you can think up with this, but it's a really fucked up game.
>>161485067
>another opponent can sneak up on you to knock you out with the electric shock.
Yeah, I didn't think of the possibility of invulnerability through battling. This game is fucked up. It's basically just a bunch of assholes shocking each other into submission. The point system is hiding the true nature of the game.
>>
File: img000026.jpg (317KB, 1008x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000026.jpg
317KB, 1008x1600px
>>161484870
>>161484910
It's been a while but protag team pulled something like both of those
A couple people had minimal points and I believe the shock mechanic came up in some surprise halfway through
>>161485054
Arc starts at 33
>>161485127
This works if you're willing to sacrifice a life
Anyone who battles the guy on the base loses 10k points. So usually thats immediate death
>>
>>161485254
>Anyone who battles the guy on the base loses 10k points.
No, the rules explicitly state that you cannot lose any more points after a battle.
>>
File: img000019.jpg (318KB, 960x1378px) Image search: [Google]
img000019.jpg
318KB, 960x1378px
>>161485285
>>
>>161485710
Not my problem if the mangaka can't even follow their own rules.
>>
File: img000020.jpg (300KB, 960x1378px) Image search: [Google]
img000020.jpg
300KB, 960x1378px
>>161485748
??
>>
>>161484269
>f***
/a/ is dead
>>
>>161484269
>give everyone on the team 0 points except one guy that gets all 10.000
>have the 0 point guys stay at the base and touch it so they can't lose
>have the 10.000 point guy job around and collect points, focusing on finding those items
Nearly impossible to lose this way
>>
>>161487522
I was thinking of the exact same thing, just get your 10000 point attacker to fuck around and gather points and if he has more points than the enemy just take them out. The only way you can lose is if the other team executes the same plan, gets more points and their 1 attacker manages to get you or if your attacker is retarded and decides to go for the enemy base. This entire game is just stupid since this principle pretty much nullifies the entire design of the game; taking out bases would make this game far more balanced and actually possible to complete.
>>
>>161487522
>>161487797
Read
>>161485067
>>
>>161485897

It's already dead since forever
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.