[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was he such an awful villain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 37

File: Dbz-cell-06.jpg (60KB, 988x730px) Image search: [Google]
Dbz-cell-06.jpg
60KB, 988x730px
Why was he such an awful villain?
>>
>>161467929
He's green
>>
>>161467929
What? He's perfect
>>
He's a DBZ villain, duh. They're all just "Mwahahaha! I want to destroy the world!"
>>
>>161468187
That wasn't his deal
Cell is a great villain because he just wanted to have a great fight due to having the genetics of a bunch of fight autists

He was also a good preview of what Goku would eventually become in Super
>>
>>161468223
>Cell is a great villain because he had shitty motivations!
>>
>>161467929
Too perfect.
>>
>>161467929
He had no personality, no goal, nothing.
He just had a cool design and people suck his dick for that.
>>
he lost to gohan
>>
>>161468187
No
At least Freeza wanted to be immortal

Cell really doesn't have a motivation. He just likes to show off how cool he is and shit which makes him pointless.
>>
>>161467929
Is this a trick question? He's the best dbz villain.
>>
>>161468638
How?
>>
>>161467929
i liked him. He wasn't chimping out on innocent civilians like others DBZ villains did, he just wanted to host his tournament and fight strong people
>>
>>161468582

His goals were self-preservation, becoming perfect, and testing out his capabilities.
>>
>>161467929
He didn't even need to be a villain after he reached his perfect form.
He had no reason to destroy the earth.
He was just a really strong battle autist who wanted to fight other really strong battle autists, and they would've fought him even if the fate of the world wasn't at stake.
He could've hosted his tournament, fought the Z warriors, kicked all of their asses, said "Well, thanks anyway." and flown away in search of a stronger opponent.
The threat of him blowing up the earth was completely extraneous, and felt like it was only there because the fight with Freeza had the fate of the world at stake, so the fight with Cell needed even MORE stakes!
>>
>>161468714
those don't count
>>
>>161468677
>He wasn't chimping out on innocent civilians like others DBZ villains did
Did you forget all the hundreds of thousands he absorbed or something? C'mon son.
>>
>>161468361
No retard he's a great villain because he's basically the same as the protagonists but taken to their extremes
>>
>>161469545
Cellfags are stupid
>>
>>161469510
Why because they disrupt your narrative of how Freiza the literal mustache twirling villian is the greatest villain of all time ever?
>>
>>161469545
>>161470151
That doesn't count. He was just using them to get stronger. They could be wished back with the dragon balls.
>>
>>161470224
Sure, although it isn't my narrative. It's the narrative that DBZ itself establishes.
>>
>>161467929
Cell only became a threat because of the bad decisions made by the heroes. It's a toss up between Vegeta helping him reach perfect form to have a worthy opponent, to 17 and 18 not fleeing when told to run that allowed him to become dangerous.
>>
>>161470345
>Vegeta
>hero
>>
>>161470381
If Vegeta was the villain, then he would've brutally executed Cell, 18, and 16, then fought Goku at the end of the arc.
>>
>>161470381
Vegeta used to be an antihero. However, he's quite the reformed individual now.
>>
>>161470345
Vegeta doing that was Cell's own manipulation. It's like Golu tricking Frieza into letting him spirit bomb.
>>
started the stupid REGNERATION bullishit for enemies because the powerlevels were fucked.

least it wasnt KI BLOCKERS
>>
>>161470484
>Golu
>>
>>161470535
I think the regeneration was already introduced with immortal people.

And Piccolo.
>>
>>161470577
from microscopic cell level or whatever bullshit hack writing?
>>
>>161470691
Yes. Immortal means immortal. Piccolo can regenerate completely, so long as his brain isn't destroyed.
>>
>>161470577
> immortal people
And namekian regeneration only really happened with limbs, it wasn't just "infinite stamina and ki until every molecule gets fried"
>>
>>161467929

All Dragon ball Z villains were fucking retarded and boring shit.

Pretty much all of them were "Fufufu, i'm so powerful and have multiple forms, i'm going to toy with my victims before going full power on their asses"
>>
>>161467929
He wasn't. People who wank off imperfect Cell and say that Perfect Cell is boring don't get that the former wouldn't even be half as cool without the latter. Cell was great because he starts out relatively weak, to the point that he has to bail when Krillin and Trunks show up. He has no friends or henchmen, he's like an inverted Namek saga. He's flying by the seat of his pants trying to capitalize on fatigued opponents and scavenging on normalfags. He has to beg for his life in front of Vegeta, it's totally pathetic. This is what makes Perfect Cell so unique, he's actually a villainous underdog. When he finally becomes stupidly powerful, he's totally earned it.
>>
>>161467929
>trash on ball character
There is your answer.
>>
>>161470747
In the Buu Saga it's said he can regenerate as long as his head is intact. Although it's pretty clearly a retcon.
>>
>>161471068
>he's totally earned it.

He didn't. He only became perfect because Vegeta allowed him to, any other sensible character would've destroyed him right there and then.
>>
>>161471068

But he didn't work hard and semi-perfect Cell begged to vegeta only after finding himself overpowered by post-time chamber super saiyans, otherwise he was being a smug asshole against everybody else, and even before that, imperfect cell only ran away from the saiyans because I do remember he was more than happy to predate on Krillin and pre-fusion Piccolo as he wasn't outclassed by them

In addition to that, he didn't really need mooks because the androids were already a good enough distraction
>>
>>161467929
He's not evil. he's just wanted to test his powers.
>>
Cell is 21.11% goku, acceptable parameters of hate.
>>
File: PERFECTION.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
PERFECTION.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
>>161467929
>perfection
>>
>>161471347
>Vegeta
>much saiyan pride
>sensible
>>
>>161471374
He had to absorb cities worth of people, hide from everyone until he was read & they were weak just to get 17
>>
>>161469545
He can't forget if he's never actually watched/read the anime/manga.

Swear it feels like most people who shit on Z have a basic outline of what happens in their mind but haven't actually watched or read the material.
>>
File: Naamloos.png (3KB, 54x28px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos.png
3KB, 54x28px
>>161467929
>>
>>161471347
That's earning it. He played Vegeta like a damn fiddle.
>>
>>161471581

That barely counts as hard working at all. It would be like saying that some dude going around stomping ants is working hard.

Besides, because dealing with regular humans was so easy and didn't require him to power up, most of the time the only way anyone had to find him was through the TV news or getting lucky in their search around the world.

At worst it was a boring and repetitive work, but by no means it was hard.
>>
>>161470293
>it's not MY narrative it's just my OPINION of dbz's narrative

okay dude
>>
>>161472032
.t training for years doing the same thing
>>
>>161470722
>Piccolo can regenerate completely, so long as his brain isn't destroyed.
what about when nappa killed him
>>
>>161467929
>hurr durr I want to test my power level

Garbage. Worst arc in the entire franchise. Jelly Vegeta is better.
>>
>>161468137
Underrated
>>
>>161471551
which is why I said

>ANY OTHER SENSIBLE CHARACTER

Nice reading comprehension, faggot.
>>
>>161472032
Nobody ever said Cell had to work HARD for his power, just that he had to work for it. Compare that to Freeza (at the time) and Buu, who didn't have to put forth any effort to get stronger.
>>
File: 1502644975744.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502644975744.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>161471501
Seeing this shit makes me glad Toei is staying far away from him in Super, because I know they would just fuck it up. They would probably give him some shitty CG or have it like moving wallpaper similar to Gankutsuou or Chowder. With how bad Super is now I wouldn't mind if they used some stupid solid color new form to make him easier to animate so he can come back.
>>
>>161467929
because at the end of the day his motivation is really boring
>>
>>161475104
But that's a problem with every single dragonball villain. Fucking zamasu has the best personal motivation for his actions, that's how bad the villains are in that area.
>>
Because, as convoluted as everything was in the Dragon Ball franchise, the Android arc was somehow able to make things more convoluted with time travel and main villains being switched around because Toriyama and his editors did know how the fuck to play this how fiasco.

The android arc was a series of everyone just being dumb or uselessly underpowered to repetitively prolong tension just like with that Namek arc.
>>
>>161467929
Because Toriyama was not giving a fuck anymore at this point. He was already on the path of mental broken-ness.
>>
>>161468361
^This (even though i like cell)
>>
>>161468608
Freeza wanted to be immortal but barely even tried to reach his "goal". Even if he accomplished it he had no real goal besides "keep living like an asshole".
Cell wanted to be perfect and worked for it. Then he enjoyed it by trashing everyone not named Gohan.
>>
>>161468187
the only villain that actually wanted to destroy anything was buu
>>
>>161471347
Yeah, but Vegeta and Trunks were the only ones available, and he's got the merit of having easily played Vegeta like a damn fiddle.
>>
File: 1495475871016.jpg (816KB, 910x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1495475871016.jpg
816KB, 910x1120px
>This is Frieza.
>He is the space emperor and has ties with the saiyans. He killed Goku and Vegeta´s fathers. He desires to be inmortal to continue his reign of terror for all eternity. He has lot of powerful henchmen and several transformations.

>This is Cell.
>He starts as a pretty shitty fighter but will improve. He is a creation designed to kill Goku, but he pretty much has overrun his original purpose and now thanks to the cells from which he is made he just wants to FIGHT Goku and probably piss off to take on stronger opponents. He has cool transformations and can knows all the heroes techniques.

>This is Kid Bu.
>He crazy as shit, blows up your planet 5 seconds after appearing.
>Goes to kill angels too.
>Created by some mage or some bullshit like that.
>Enjoy your final boss.

Wowie.
>>
>>161474671
>Seeing this shit makes me glad Toei is staying far away from him in Super, because I know they would just fuck it up.
>With how bad Super is now I wouldn't mind if they used some stupid solid color new form to make him easier to animate so he can come back.
>I want them to fuck it up so Cell can return

???
>>
>>161476127
what is this image

i thought gohan was an adult basically when he met videl
>>
>>161475699

But Freezer did work for get where he is. A intergalactic crime organization isn't materialized out of thin air, one has to gather the funds, the manpower, the technology and obtain the loyalty of your second at command. He also had to develop his own techniques

Meanwhile, Cell was pretty much born knowing every single technique worth learning, all he did was to eat completely defenseless humans, and then becoming awfully powerful was as easy as surprise eating one android and get pitied by some fag and given a free ticket to eat the other
>>
>>161467929
Imperfect Cell was better
>>
>>161476256
I mean if Teoi are going to bother bringing Cell back they shouldn't try to ignore or hide their incompetence with every single scene he is in either being massively off model or using a shitty animation technique that doesn't fit. They should just accept that they are currently the absolute worst animation studio and give him a solid color redesign so they don't have to try too hard.
I hate Toei and what they did with Super but I still watch it to see where it goes. Nostalgia is the most I can hope for out of that and bringing back Cell with half-decent writing and hearing him again in the dub would fit that. Think of how cool it could have been to have Cell instead of Frieza in the free for all fighting alongside the others especially 17 and 18.
>>
>Akira Toriyama introduces the antagonists of the arc: C19 and Dr. Gero
>Editor: I dont like them
>Toriyama introduces another set of antagonists: C16, C17 and C18
>Editor: I dont like them
>Toriyama introduces Cell as the real antagonist
>Editor: I don't like him
>Cell transforms
>Editor: I don't like him
>Cell transforms
>Editor: Ok
>>
>>161467929
He wasn't a villain, he was just Goku without attachments.
>>
File: smugcell3.png (201KB, 371x330px) Image search: [Google]
smugcell3.png
201KB, 371x330px
>>161467929
>Why was he such an awfully good villain?
FTFY
>>
>>161476309
>be born into a mutant family with retard strength and mutligenerational intergalactic empire
>threaten to kill your subordinates with a max power of 120k for disobeying you
>working hard

come on man
>>
>>161475204
Disagree. Vegeta, Freeza, most DB villains motivations are fine. I'm not asking for deep and complex, I'm asking for not boring. Cell is boring, he was created in a lab to kill Goku and he's basically evil Goku. But evil Goku has been done before, and better, than Cell.
>>
>>161477106
How are generic "I want to take over the world/universe" motivations not boring? If anything, Cell stands out more because his motivations are less mustache-twirly and standard than previous DB villains.
>>
>>161477207
because they have agency and personality, not to mention in Freeza's case he's already taken over the universe. Cell's just a flying piece of green cardboard literally created to be someone the heroes can fight.
>>
File: smugcell8.png (212KB, 402x333px) Image search: [Google]
smugcell8.png
212KB, 402x333px
>>161477106
>implying becoming immortal is not a boring motivation
>implying "muh pride" isn't a boring motivation
>implying self-perfection and desire to test one's own capabilities is any worse than that
>>
>>161476767

It's at the very least more effort than just go around lazily eating defenseless humans. At least those 120k aliens give freezer a small challenge and he has to personally go out sometimes to supress aliens and manga and make sure everybody is working.
>>
>>161477252

>implying

Cell was a little shit. He only talked big about perfection and testing his powers when he had power that he didn't work for, otherwise he shitted on his pants and begged for mercy when he was faced with an actual challenge
>>
>>161477251
>because they have agency and personality

I don't see how the most generic and expected motivation in villains oozes personality.
>>
>>161471068
but I love both cells anon, imperfect cell and perfect are both perfect and my husbands
>>
>>161477252
I'll make all those implications.
>>161477313
Cell is literally evil for the sake of being evil. I'm not sure how you define on-the-nose evil if Cell isn't it.
>>
>>161477251
>>161477261
Dragon Ball doesn't have a high standard for anything to do with writing, there is nothing wrong with Cell especially compared to the other db villains. He was much more than a single-minded android that only existed to kill Goku. He was easily the smartest of the three or four main dbz villains, particularly in his first form when he had to play stealth. And Frieza's base form was something over 500k, he wouldn't even have to try to wipe out several Captain Ginyu's at once with one hand.
>>
>>161477332
Again, doesn't have to be deep and complex. It just has to be not boring. Most DB villains aren't boring, Cell is. He's only there to make the fights happen, both from a meta perspective and not.
>>
>>161468361
>villains are only great villains because they have good motivations
>>
>>161477341
cell ain't evil, he was bored

saiyans are worse than her by far

also: reminder that Cell can give to birth, so she's a female, when she abosorbed 17, she became 50% male, but know with 18 she's back to 75% female

CELL IS A GIRL
>>
>>161477389
That's all fine and dandy, but I still don't see how villains with motivations that are nothing more than "I want to become immortal/take over the world" are given more of a personality. Again, at least Cell's motivations were, for the time anyway, unique for DB.
>>
>>161477319
>power that he didn't work for
>implying manipulating Vegeta is "shitting pants and begging for mercy"
You didn't even try.
>>161477341
Perfect Cell simply wanted to have fun. Him being a dick is mostly a side effect of saiyans' natural fighting autism, while King Piccolo, Freeza and Buu were dicks just because.
>>
>>161477501
because they flow from characters with personalities. Vegeta wants to rule over the galaxy at first but then you start to see that what he really wanted most of all was to avenge his race and kill Freeza. Freeza has already conquered most of the universe while barely trying, but his paranoia with the saiyans and his hubris lead to his downfall. Cell... was created in a lab and is just another evil Goku, like the 5th Evil Goku by that time.
>>
>>161477557

Crying to your alcoholic dad to let you get your magical steroids barely counts as effort.

And if cell genuinely had saiyan on him, he would've kept his pride and go out to train instead of throwing away any resemblance of pride and honor and beg to be given a free upgrade
>>
>>161477261

>lazily eating

Hardly lazy when Cell had to be stealthy or else the heroes would find and kill him.

And it sounds like Freeza's dad had set everything up, Freeza was just the face of the empire due to being stronger than his dad
>>
>>161477665

Cell was anything except stealthy. When he's out of battles, like let's say absorbing humans, he doesn't have to flare up his ki at all and remains effectively invisible. Besides, it was stupid as fuck and highly noticeable that the retard devoured entire cities instead of selectively absorbing separate location to prevent being pursued. He was pretty much screaming his route with every city he left lifeless
>>
>>161477749
Holy shit there's more

>>161477659
>>161477665
>>161477746
>>
>>161477389
>Again, doesn't have to be deep and complex. It just has to be not boring.
>cell is boring for having a generic motivation
>frieze isn't boring for having a generic motivation

epic
>>
File: 1502399434276.png (80KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1502399434276.png
80KB, 500x475px
>Buu was originally the creation of Bibidi that Babidi wanted to use for revenge
>inarguably the worst of the main z villains
>gets demoted to "an ancient evil awakens" existing long before Bibidi
>people still shit talking that Cell is poorly written
>>
>>161477586
> Vegeta wants to rule over the galaxy at first but then you start to see that what he really wanted most of all was to avenge his race and kill Freeza.

Vegeta would want to become immortal and be a dick to everyone with or without Freeza in the picture. This is also ignoring how during the time Vegeta was the main villain, he made no mention of Freeza and his goal was simply immortality for the sake of immortality. He didn't get any other kind of motivation until his time as the main villain was over.

>Freeza has already conquered most of the universe while barely trying, but his paranoia with the saiyans and his hubris lead to his downfall.

So Freeza did something that would later come to bite him in the ass? You can say the exact same thing about Cell.

>Cell... was created in a lab and is just another evil Goku, like the 5th Evil Goku by that time.

Who were the 4 Evil Goku's before him?
>>
>>161471347
>Vegeta
Also Krillin for not pushing the damn bottom. Well, also Trunks for not killing 18 himself. And every Z-Fighter actually since they didn't kill Gero before he could do anything because they wanted to fight stronk guys. You could even blame Bulma, Kami and every relevant earthling.
>>
>>161467929
He was a fantastic villain up until the part that he actually achieved perfection. It was clear that Toriyama didn't know what to do with the character whose entire motivation was becoming perfect after he reached perfection. Still one of my favorite DBZ villains.
>>
>>161477659
No matter how much you deny it, absorbing several cities worth of people and hunting down the androids does count as working. Just because it's not training, doesn't mean it's a "free upgrade".
>>
>>161470833
that was only freeza retard
>>
>>161467929

What's going on with this thread
Are (((they))) here?
>>
>>161472168
Shhhh, we don't talk about pre-supersaiyan Dragon Ball.
>>
He wasn't even a "villain" per se, but the most ambitious biological product of one of the best minds Earth had to offer, looking for his own place in the universe, while constantly questioning what purpose his (beloved) father planned for him, after carrying out his hard coded duty to absorb 17 and 18. He was also a slave to his Saiyan/Freeza genes which gave him killer pulses he couldn't suppress. It's a pretty sad story. Of all the unredeemable villains Cell was by far the most troubled and understandable.

I don't think Toriyama ever went this far when designing the character, but he's a pretty good take on human mistakes taken too far, even more so when you try to play God. Gero was the real villain here, for allowing such a monstrosity to exist.

Cell's also one of the most chill after becoming perfect. According to himself, he doesn't give a shit about his "Kill Goku" programming anymore & just wants to have fun (Saiyan cells), albeit fun from the torment of others (Frieza cells). He doesn't have any grudge with Goku & sees him as a worthy opponent & no hatred. In that scene he was still looking for his true purpose, and only created the tournament as a means to find out.

Not mine, but it's underrated and kinda belongs in here.
>>
>>161467929
Nah, Cell is fucking perfect.
>>
>>161482318
Cell did tell Goku he would destroy the Earth if he didn't have another challenger for him at the Cell games when Goku stopped fighting him. And then of course he self-destructs himself later on to try to blow everyone up when he knows he loses.

Had Cell defeated everyone, he probably would have just flown off into space looking for other challengers or something.
>>
>>161470540
GoLoo, gokus name in the indian dub, chosen as part of the anti street shitting campaign
>>
File: smug_seru.jpg (32KB, 591x355px) Image search: [Google]
smug_seru.jpg
32KB, 591x355px
>>161467929
he was the closest thing we've ever got to an anti-Goku

both Tullece and Black were just completely different people looking like Goku
Cell's actually what an evil Goku should've been like
>>
>>161482479
He likely only said he'd destroy Earth to give it's fighters motivation. As for self-destruction, he did it to spite Gohan for humiliating him.
>>
Cell is the only good major villain in Z though. They are all motivationless evil blobs, but Cell is at least an entertaining, smug motivationless blob of evil

Also his design's the best
>>
>>161467929
Cell is just that final boss that appears almost from nowhere simply because they need a final boss and the main antagonists either turned good or aren't that threatening enough.
>>
>>161467929
Because he was too difficult to animate
>>
>>161468223
>he just wanted to have a great fight due to having the genetics of a bunch of fight autists

No he didn't. He only thought he did. Every time someone got a decent hit on him he got butthurt. He didn't want a good match, he just wanted to trash some scrubs and brag about it.
>>
>>161477447
No, cell is genderless and asexual. He's usually referred to as he because of his masculine features
>>
>>161483797
He was only butthurt when completely outclassed. If he really just wanted to trash his opponents, he wouldn't have held back against Goku.
>>
>>161476287
Technically he was still a teenager when he met Videl. Not sure why Americans call him Adult Gohan.

In that pic he was only pre-teen.
>>
>>161470345
Character flaws and a lot of times Cell was playing into their personalities.

>>161467929

Because fags think a stupidity OP wade of bubblegum who had no real personality after he became skinny is a good villain.
>>
>>161485038
And let's face it, if everybody always did everything right and never messed up, the show would be boring as shit.
>>
>>161467929

He wasn't, he was the best villain.
>>
>>161478018
To be honest, what was he supposed to do after becoming perfect? Become another space overlord? Another mindless destroyer? Open a bakery?
>>
>>161486576
In supersonic warriors he in his what if story he made a bunch of cell juniors to inhabit the earth, the hibernated hoping a stronger thing would appear for him to fight. Que buu saga.
>>
He's the second best villain first is frieza. Cell was legit fucking scary as a character, as expected of a villain.
>that fucking 180 when cell wants to absorb 17 and 18
DB has some shit heroes like goku but cell is literally top 5 characters
>>
>>161467929
He's almost too good for DBZ. Much better than Freeza, for me. Seeking perfection is top notch masterplan.
>>
>>161486576
.....I unironically want to watch "Perfect Cell's Perfect Baked Goods"
>>
why was cell such a jerk
>>
>>161485006
Americans call him Teen Gohan because that's what that form was called in all the video game localizations
>>
>>161467929
Because he's a mary sue that ruined the hype of the androids
>>
>>161489996
Anon pls, everybody knows that the only true sue in the franchise is Goku.
>>
>>161467929
Actually he's my favorite villain of the series.
>>
All of his forms felt like different characters, making him feel less cohesive
>>
>>161469295
Cell could have stuck around too. I'm sure he would have loved getting stronger along with the rest of them. He'd only have to deal with a perma-butthurt Krillin because he ate his android waifu.
>>
>>161476127
Pretty much everything in the Buu saga sucked except Videl, Vegito, Satan and Buu being best buds and Majin Vegeta.
>>
>>161491292
I like Goten and Trunks.
>>
>>161477261
Not really, no. Freeza never had to exert himself since he only had to train for 4 fucking months before becoming a literal shiny golden god.
>>
>>161478018
>until the part that he actually achieved perfection
I disagree since that's essentially the entire point: he's just a powerful bored asshole in a world of other powerful bored assholes. Threatening to blow up the earth was going a little too far and was shortsighted on his end, but everything else about him was perfect.
>>
>>161475967
Even then, that was Kid Buu.
Fat just wanted to be fat.
Super wanted a good fight and candy.
>>
>>161483615
Freeza's a fun albeit generic pompous space warlord. Buu is either a goofy affectionate fat blob or a gibbering insane retard.
>>
>>161486576
>Open a bakery?
Yes. And it would be a perfect bakery.
>>
>>161488839
He had no father figure.
Or friends.
>>
>>161488839
His body was made up of like 50% jerk.

>>161489996
Except the androids kinda sucked with the exception of 18 who is top waifu.
>>
>>161491072
But that means you got 3 great (well, 2 great and one okay) villains for the price of one instead of Freeza who was the same character with 4 different looks and levels of smugness.
>>
File: tumblr_o6p85vJdpz1ugq60uo2_1280.png (571KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6p85vJdpz1ugq60uo2_1280.png
571KB, 800x798px
>>161491493
>we will never see Cell interact with Dr. Gero
>>
Cell is great but Abridged Cell is god-tier
>>
>>161491204
>He'd only have to deal with a perma-butthurt Krillin because he ate his android waifu.

After a certain point in terms of strenght, he could have shat out both since he wouldn't have a need for them anymore.
>>
>>161491661
Considering Cell showed his frustration at Cell Jrs being killed, it does bring up interest in how he'd act.
>>
>>161491735
Sexual innuendos were made for Cell to use and abuse.
>>
>>161491735
Absolutely.
>>
>>161491859
Imperfect and Semi-perfect Cell is basically a giant walking rape joke.
>>
>>161491820
When he shat out 18 didn't he revert back to Semi-perfect, explode, regenerate and gobble her up again?
>>
>>161467929
He only got as far as he did because almost every single z-fighter went full retard.
Then he too went full retard against Gohan, resulting in his loss.
>>
>>161468223
>He was also a good preview of what Goku would eventually become in Super
w-what?
>>
>>161482926
>Cell's actually what an evil Goku should've been like
like current Goku?
>>
>>161468223
Didn't he literally go "i will spread destruction in the universe" at some point? At least i'd say he's better than most DB villains because his introduction was fucking scary
>>
>>161468601
this
>>
>>161492325
I think that was dub-only. But he does have Freeza's sadistic streak.
>>
>>161469295
This
>>
>>161475699
He tried to obtain the dragon balls from Namek
>>
>>161467929
Because he didn't drink enough people with his penis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPGupeMlJI
>>
>>161477393
That's correct
>>
>>161492216
Alas, foiled by his own Saiyan genes. A tragic fate.
>>
>>161492185
No after he blew up, he regenerated in his perfect form with some SS2 lightning
>>
>>161492965
Well now. Oh right, that's because Saiyans come back stronger when they almost die or some shit, and he's like 60% Saiyan.

But I guess Cell had no choice except to be a villain since he ate like several cities' populations worth of people. So it's not like he could hang out with the Z-fighters even if he wanted to.
>>
>>161492185
You're right but only until the "regenerate" part. Once he blew up, Android 17 was also destroyed, so one would believe he would've returned in his imperfect form, but his cells retained a memory of his perfect body and he regenerated as such.
>>
i know it's reddit but i actually really like his character in abridged, it's way more interesting than the original and still maintains some of his quirks. he wasn't really a terrible villain though -- more interesting than frieza for sure.
>>
>>161491661
Play DBZ supersonic warriors 2 then

It has Gero and Cell working as a team or something, can't remember.
>>
>>161493184
Huh. Yeah, I forgot about a lot of that.

>>161493215
Anon, calling everything reddit is probably the dumbest fucking thing someone can do. It's a word that's lost all meaning as a descriptive term and has come to mean anything that isn't ironically cool or ostensibly stupid.
>>
>>161493244
I don't have the required platform and can't into emulators.
>>
>>161470484
>Vegeta has no agency
>>
>>161493542
>people can't be manipulated into doing dumb shit
>>
>>161467929
Imperfect cell the first form was a great villain and the first time the villain in DBZ was an actual underdog and had to act underhanded and scheme his way through. In a way he was kind of like Blackbeard from One Piece. Perfect Cell was kind of generic though.
>>
File: 1247249445614_f.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1247249445614_f.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>161493698
Imperfect Cell is best Cell.
>>
>>161493775
Imperfect and Perfect are great. Nobody likes Semi-perfect.
>>
>>161493801
Yep. Pepe Cell doesn't seem to be appreciated.
>>
File: IMG_0379.jpg (59KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0379.jpg
59KB, 704x396px
>>161493801
Semi is a cool nigga
>>
>>161493801
toriyama did
>>
>>161467929
Imperfect and Semiperfect were defined by two things:
>being weaker than the strongest characters
>wanting to reach perfection
That's why Cell had to rely on his smarts to keep alive while hunting for the androids: hiding his ki presence from Goku's group, spamming taiyoken, eating enough humans so that he could overpower the androids and then letting 17 and Piccolo kick the shit out of each other, and convincing Vegeta to let him become perfect (and stopping Trunks from stopping him). Once he became perfect and far outclassed everyone else, he no longer needed to play it smart.
>>
>>161472032
It's called working smarter, not harder. Cell became a threat by being pragmatic and exploiting the enemy's weakness until he got strong enough to overwhelm them with brute force. It's a good contrast to Frieza, who had the advantage over the heroes from beginning up until Goku turned into a Super Saiyan.
>>
File: 1479090436999.gif (261KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
1479090436999.gif
261KB, 384x256px
they should have brought him back for the tournament in super.
he would have played along and been less of an issue, unlike frieza.

although it would be great if somehow frieza becomes tsundere for goku in this arc.
>>
File: handslipping.gif (4MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
handslipping.gif
4MB, 576x324px
>>161494439
>implying Frisbee doesn't already have a crush on Goku
>>
>>161467929
Toryama has already given everything he had, and now he was just improvising.
>>
>>161494439
Cell isn't popular in Japan and Toei doesn't want to draw him because his design is too complex. They would have trouble with the spots.
>>
>>161472320
Not really
>>
>>161467929
Dr. Gero was that saga's villain, cell was just a monster he made.
>>
>>161493962
>>161493981
>>161494002
It's not his fault he has fish lips.
>>
>>161494439
Why didn't they adopt a Cell Jr. again?
>>
>>161494848
And like Frankenstein the monster eventually overshadowed the creator.
>>
>>161495231
Because Gohan columbined them all.
>>
>>161495359
He was the only one of Dr. Gero's creations not to step out of his shadow. 16, 17, and 18 all do their own thing but Cell always just follows his program of eating androids and becoming perfect.
>>
>>161494424

That wasn't being smart, that was being a coward. Despite being like 50% saiyan, he doesn't take any pride on his own power and growth and is constantly taking shortcuts in what is the powerlevel counterpart of get rich quick schemes.

Nigga avoided anything that might even be on par with him and only bothered to do anything when the difference between powers was large enough that he could wreck their shit. To make things even more stupid, he was a coward with the strong and acted like a smug guy with the weak, as seen with how he bragged and showed extreme overconfidence while he thought that Piccolo was still the same pre-fusion one of before but quickly turned his tail between the legs and ran away when Piccolo showed he was strong plus the arrival of reinforcements.
>>
>>161495709
He did take his own route after getting the androids though.
>>
>>161495709
They all were created to kill Goku and actually went on to search for him (on a stolen truck), they just decided to have fun along the way and never got to really meet him. By the time 18 met Goku, he had a halo on his head and was fuck-times stronger than her. Cell was the only one who had the time, means and opportunity to kill Goku, but didn't give a shit about it.
>>
>>161482871
Nice
>>
>>161495946
Because his main objective wasn't fighting the strongest, it was absorbing 17 and 18 to reach perfection.
>>
>>161495946
In other words, Cell did the smart thing. What's the point of getting something the hard way if you can get it the easy way?
>>
>>161495946
And that's what makes him great. And then when he's finally so far above them that they're basically insects, he acts like a smug bitch about it before getting his ass vaporized by an angsty preteen.
>>
>>161496203
>>161495709
Speaking of 17 and 18, was there any reason they seemed more evil in the future than in the past? Was Trunks just born into a shitty timeline?
>>
>>161476482
What if Cell instead of Roshi
Then you could get the two smuggest beings together in one place.
>>
You know, in hindsight Cell made a lot more sense to become Golden than Freezie Pop, but I guess he's not as iconic so they went with a short gold-plated dildo instead.
>>
>>161496804
Considering Cell and 16 doesn't exist in that time period and they killed off the Z fighters almost instantly there was just nothing to keep them occupied.
>>
>>161497794
Yeah but why didn't 18 try and fuck Krillin in the future?
>>
>>161493801
>>161493962
>>161493981
I'M FIRIN MAH LAZER
>>
File: 1503007759018.gif (1MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1503007759018.gif
1MB, 500x277px
>>161493698
>>161493775
Some supreme taste on display here.
>>
>>161498357
Imperfect is great and Semi-perfect is a decent hype man for Perfect.
>>
>>161469295
So you're saying if it wasn't for the retarded "blowing up the earth" thing, he would have been the perfect villain?
>>
>>161496884
Not to mention Cell would probably be the most inclined to teamwork out of all the main dbz villains. They could have had some good gags with Cell teaming up with people that don't even want him around like Vegeta and still having good synergy. Maybe have him laugh at how much of a faggot Gohan has become.
>>
>>161499291
He wouldn't have even needed to be a villain. He could have been an anti-hero. A more morally ambiguous Vegeta.
>>
>>161492585
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLXU5oWSHGY
>>
>>161497982
Because she didn't know him. And besides, Trunks directly said that the Androids in the main timeline were good people, implying that Gero must have done something to the androids in Trunks' world that made them evil (and less powerful too).
>>
>>161468187
>who is zamasu
>>
>>161500285
Huh, yeah that's what I figured too. Multiverse theory. Ain't it fun?
>>
>>161500687
It's the easiest idea of time travel to write consistently, and dragon ball still fucks it up. Z had a few unexplained things like the different androids and different power levels, maybe because Toriyama was forced by an editor. Super throws away any attempt to be coherent with it.
>>
>>161493585

>No agency. Not my fault. Vegeta dindu nothin
>>
>>161501492
Vegeta being a typical Saiyanigger still makes more sense than Goku sending Gohan out to fight Cell in his place, and then giving Cell a Senzu bean.
>>
Anyone else find Imperfect Cell kind of cute?
>>
>>161471068
>tfw you realize that this anon or anyone ITT for that matter has read that Toryama intervew that explains why Cell has different forms
>>
>>161501759
Until he tries to drink you with his stinger-dick.
>>
>>161500285
>(and less powerful too).
This one is explained by History of Trunks in the manga. 17 was holding back against Gohan to make their battles fun all along, but he actually wasn't even using half of his power. Afterwards, Trunks was only as strong as Gohan when he died, and yet thought he could keep up with 17, so they were holding back against him too. The anime version removed that comment in order to have those long fighting scenes where 17 and 18 team up with combined attacks.
>>
>>161492687
Is Dio a shitty villain to you? He did everything he did for no reason other than being a gigantic dick. And it's because he's a gigantic dick that people like him.
>>
>>161501570

None of that has anything to do with Vegeta lacking agency. He wasn't manipulated by Cell. Vegeta is just a shitty person.
>>
>>161502073
You can be manipulated but still have agency. Cell got Vegeta's Saiyan pride all fired up which clouded his judgement. But it was still very much Vegeta's decision to allow Cell to become perfect.
>>
>>161502144
>Sayian pride meme

No. It's just Vegeta is a shitty person. He wasn't manipulated.
>>
>>161483797
Literally me in online games, Cell really is /ourguy/
>>
File: android_18_by_yugerov-d62euud.gif (147KB, 335x255px) Image search: [Google]
android_18_by_yugerov-d62euud.gif
147KB, 335x255px
>>
>>161502445
hot
>>
He was a shredded sickcunt who taught us that aesthetics were more important than size and strength
>>
>>161469295
>>161467929

are you forgetting the part where he was built and programmed by doctor gero? in the end he was born to murder goku and co. Then probably dominate the world because red ribbon army pride. once reaching perfection and victory was assured, he still had that programming, his personality just made him want the best fight possible out of it. He wasn't the perfect villain, he was the perfect weapon.
>>
>>161503217
IIRC Gero created all the androids with the purpose of killing Goku, except for Cell; he created him as an experiment to create the perfect life form/fighter/whatever. The irony, then, lies in that the only android he didn't build to kill Goku was the one that ended up doing that.
>>
>>161491307
>liking goten
how and why
he has like nothing to him, just another excuse to have a "kid goku" character
>>
>>161493447
>doesnt even know how to emulate ds games
holy fuck anon please
you literally just need to download desmume and a rom for the game
its sowheezy
>>
File: redguy.png (182KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
redguy.png
182KB, 550x420px
Only now I find out red guy in dbz opening was actually Dr.Gero
For so many years I thought it was Kami
>>
>>161503587
Actually, Cell was also made to kill Goku. It's just that upon becoming perfect, Cell himself saw no purpose in that goal and Cell himself doesn't see Goku as anything more than a strong opponent to fight.
>>
>>161505109
I can see how you'd make that assumption. Wrinkly old dudes in this series pretty much always look the same
>>
>>161467929
Cell was great though
>>
>>161507192
Only when imperfect.
When perfect he became a boring masculine and less hype version of frieza.
>>
>>161507281
I disagree. I still thought he was pretty fun. Freeza wouldn't make a bunch of child-sized clones of himself to harass the heroes.
>>
>>161501795
No, everyone knows that. That doesn't mean it didn't work in the story's favor and Toriyama didn't ultimately spin something great out of his editor's demands.
>>
>>161502445
That goes to /d/.
>>
File: buyonelectricantenna.jpg (2MB, 4500x3373px) Image search: [Google]
buyonelectricantenna.jpg
2MB, 4500x3373px
>>161467929
Because there are better ones
>>
>>161491292
Gotenks vs Super Buu is enjoyable but pretty much
>>
>>161508287
That got old real quick especially when they fought 3 maybe 4 times. The mechanic of having to wait an hour between each attempt was really exploited to drag shit out. Goten is a worthless character that only seemed to exist for Goku face and to give young Trunks a duo/purpose. Young Trunks in Z and Super is decent especially when compared to GT Trunks.
>>
>>161467929
Because you have shit taste
>>
>>161467929
I just like that despite being "perfect" he still shares that trill for fighting just like a saiyan. In his perfect form he could've easily ended it all that same day but he let Goku and Gohan power up which lead to his defeat. Rather ironic.
>>
>>161467929
Cell was nightmare fuel when i was young
>>
>>161505306
Yeah, I just rewatched that episode (w subs) where Cell tells Trunks about his plans. Trunks asks him if his final goal is to conquer the world or the universe like Frieza, and Cell directly tells him he doesn't care about such stupid things and that he hasn't thought about a final goal after becoming perfect. He also says the Cell games are about him having fun and testing his Perfect powers against strong fighters, while also terrorizing the planet, and that while the machine that created him did it with the objective to kill Goku, even that had lost meaning to him.
And he seemed to know about the senzu beans and the martial arts tournaments. Did he also know about the dragon balls?
>>
>>161510396
>while also terrorizing the planet
That seems to be the only problem and the reason he got killed. I'm pretty sure he could have just had his tournament and left the planet in search of better fighters.
>>
File: 20121168_p3.jpg (294KB, 679x784px) Image search: [Google]
20121168_p3.jpg
294KB, 679x784px
>Cell
>machine created to do evil things through no fault of his own
>killed and forgotten about

>Buu
>annihilates mankind, literally nothing left of him but pure evil without a single redeeming quality at the end
>"he's a good kid I'll wish him back with the dragon balls :^)"

Why isn't it okay when Cell does it? If Goku had been there at the finale of the battle, would he have opted to spare Cell and turn him into a pal?
>>
>>161511253
>would he have opted to spare Cell and turn him into a pal?
He fed him a Senzu bean so probably. Anyway, Goku's decisions get progressively more retarded as the series goes on. Must be all those blows to the head he's taken over the years
>>
>>161467929
If he trains hard enough he'll turn gold as well.
>>
>>161511296
If he shits a few Cell Jrs and holds hands with them, he'll also turn blue. Maybe.
>>
>>161511296
>interdimensional tournament with all universes sending in their strongest fighters
>losers get their entire reality wiped from existence
>Goku is there
Cell would have fucking loved it.
>>
File: C98YfVZVwAEp5Ix.jpg (86KB, 520x864px) Image search: [Google]
C98YfVZVwAEp5Ix.jpg
86KB, 520x864px
>>161511292
I just feel like he deserved better. He only really lost because of endgame-level plot armor. Again, if the Z-squad can overlook Buu literally eating a bunch of named characters, turning Chi-Chi into a fucking egg and splatting her, etc, then they can overlook Cell, right?
>>
>>161511484
>then they can overlook Cell, right?
Considering Goku doesn't even have a moral compass anymore in Super, yeah probably. Problem is he died and nobody's bothered to wish him back yet.
>>
If Cell didn't die he'd probably stick around and make some Cell Jrs. for Trunks and Gotenks to fight while simultaneously sizing up their strengths for a later perfect asskicking
>>
File: 60193472_p21_master1200.jpg (433KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
60193472_p21_master1200.jpg
433KB, 600x800px
>Cell will never princess carry you

Why even live.
>>
>>161500369
Zamasu was the same way, despite his motivation.
>>
>>161492687
I disagree.
>>
>>161492687
Nah. Villains can have shitty motivations but are so compelling you can't help but root for them anyway. Cell's basically the perfect (no pun intended) battle autist in a show filled with battle autists. To the point where he threatens to blow up the planet just so he can get a good fight in because he's so bored.

And then he's killed by the most unlikely opponent.
>>
File: imperfect-cell.jpg (113KB, 555x482px) Image search: [Google]
imperfect-cell.jpg
113KB, 555x482px
>>161501759
Yes, he looks a bit like a cat.
>>
File: 123412346234523.jpg (163KB, 640x642px) Image search: [Google]
123412346234523.jpg
163KB, 640x642px
>>161501759
I like all three of his forms.
>>
File: 1502401524263.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1502401524263.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
>>161511484
>>161511253
He doesn't come back or even get mentioned because Toei are faggots who don't want to deal with animating him. They're already barely capable of shitting out the usual trash each week there's no way they could handle his design. Also Japan has a massive Frieza boner and I bet his merchandise sells the most out of any Super character.

The only other reason I can think of for not having him is Wakamoto doesn't want to voice him.
>>
>>161512152
It's his weird beak mouth. He'd look more intimidating if it didn't open at all and he just spoke through it like a filter.
>>
>>161512244
Unlocking each form might have been like opening all of your lifetime's Christmas presents at once.
>>
>>161512057
Eh, being BTFO by Gohan and his near-death experience seemingly made him snap at the end. He returned with enough power to have a good fight with Gohan but instead he just tried to destroy Earth as soon as possible.
>>
File: brueeeaaahh.png (251KB, 437x348px) Image search: [Google]
brueeeaaahh.png
251KB, 437x348px
>>161512456
I think it looks fine.
>>
>>161512511
He was a sore loser yeah. But attempting to destroy the planet still isn't as bad as actually doing it, which is what Buu did. And he was allowed to come back sorta.
>>
>>161475699
>Cell worked for it.
Ahahahahaha you can't be fucking serious
He was literally a robot who ate a bunch of people and had to absorb 2 other robots to reach his final form
>>
>>161511253
Yeah but Cell a fucking dickhead
>>
At least his part of the story was actually about him and his conquest to meet his true potential, then put it to the test. Freeza was mostly about giving Vegeta framing and back-story and is an incredibly shallow villain on his own. Not sure why they insist on bringing him back time after time after time when they don't even so anything new with him. It doesn't help that the first two times Freeza showed up he treated in a fairly dismissive way by the other characters.
>>
>>161512825
Buu's the dickhead. Cell's more like a vaginahead? I dunno.
>>
>>161512900
Money. The answer is always money.
>>
>>161512747
Exactly. He worked at eating a bunch of people and absorbing 2 other robots, while taking advantage of the stupidity of people strnger than him.
What did Frieza and Buu ever do to get their power?
>>
>>161469295
At first he used the threat of destroying the world because he wanted to make sure challengers were taking him seriously. Then he decided he really meant it because he was actually a sore loser. At least that's how I see it.
>>
>>161477557
He didn't manipulate shit.
AT decided to make Vegeta a huge retard after bringing him back from death.

It's disgusting what he did to Vegeta. Vegeta in Namek saga didn't have a pathetic obsession/insecurity with being the strongest he just wanted to be immortal and enjoy battling forever.

It disgusts me too that a lot of people actually like Post-Namek Vegeta.
>>
>>161477447
Asexual insects can reproduce too.
>>
>>161477501
>Again, at least Cell's motivations were, for the time anyway, unique for DB.
Cell had no motivations. He was just there.
>>
>>161512955
Buu ate people. Freeza was born a mutant.
>>
>>161512999
I like Cell and even I get annoyed at how often he just gets lucky or relies on the fuck-ups of others to put his plans into motion. Before Vegeta, he also got really lucky getting away from 16 who was absolutely demolishing him before he absorbed 17. I always wished he had a bit more dignity in instances like that.
>>
>>161512965
I guess after spending all that time to become "perfect" he couldn't handle the sting of defeat at the hands of "imperfect" being.
>>
>>161477586
>Vegeta wants to rule over the galaxy at first but then you start to see that what he really wanted most of all was to avenge his race and kill Freeza.
When Vegeta and Nappa first show up their original motivation for pursuing the Dragon Balls is so they can "do battle forever".

That whole "avenge his race" shit is nonsense the dub added. He just wanted to kill Freeza because he viewed him as a threat to him and his quest for immortality.
>>
>>161512999
I have to disagree. Vegeta's Napoleon complex comes in because Goku attained Super Saiyan before he did and kept outpacing him at every turn. Also he never got his immortality.
>>
>>161512999
Vegeta was far more obsessed with the idea of him being a super saiyan and the first one in a long time. Goku doing all of that before him and beating Frieza without any dragon balls is what affected Vegeta, and sure android arc Vegeta is his most shallow in the whole series but Buu arc Vegeta is what carried the show. I'd say more than half the reason he wanted the dragon balls so badly was just so Frieza didn't get them and ruin any hope of breaking free from him, also the added urgency once he got to Namek and realized he probably wasn't going to live long if he wasn't immortal.
>>
>>161477969
>his goal was simply immortality for the sake of immortality
Nope
He had a reason to wish for immortality. He and Nappa wanted immortality so they can battle forever(so basically like Goku except he and Nappa didn't care about blowing up planets).
>>
>>161513045
And that's why I like him.

>>161513093
Then I'm afraid I have to say the Dub did a better job because that's a fucking stupid motivation. At least Freeza wanted immortality because he could continue his tyrannical galactic reign forever.
>>
>>161513093
Really? So why does he end up crying when he's at Freeza's mercy? I always thought it was about pride and frustration for what Freeza had taken from him a as a prince, not just him being upset he lost.
>>
>>161512955
Buu spent his entire time as Super Buu outright rusing every character he interacted with in order to understand their powers before absorbing them, thereby allowing him to amass more power more efficiently while he waited for Gohan; who he could feel powering up throughout the Gotenks fight.

The only displayed cell-like eloquence after absorbing piccolo; but he was always a crafty motherfucker.
>>
>>161467929
He's a manlet
>>
>>161513102
>>161513113
The whole Super Saiyan complex shit was added after Namek...it happened when he saw Trunks.

When he was revived on Namek and saw Goku in his Super Saiyan form he seemed happy/proud.

His "muh saiyan pride" personality became mostly a thing after Namek basing it on his last words when Freeza killed him and after that it sort of became his personality when AT brought him back from the dead.
>>
None of the big 3 Z villains are really that great once you make it past their surface level charism- oh wait, Buu doesn't even have that.
>>
>>161467929
He's the only villain in DB who outright cannot succeed without the entire cast acting dumber than usual at every possible juncture and the only villain who drastically loses any sense of initial menace that his first form exudes as he evolves further.
>>
>>161513256
Buu's incredibly likable though
>>
>>161513140
>And that's why I like him.
>Immediately contradicts himself berating the original portrayal of Vegeta in favor of his shitty dub.
Kill yourself. Vegeta's motivations make complete sense considering that Saiyans are a wild race.
>>
>>161513247
>he seemed happy/proud
That Freeza was about to die. He was probably pretty butthurt about it after realizing that Kakarot beat him to the punch.
>>
File: Super Cell.png (254KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
Super Cell.png
254KB, 640x386px
>>161474671
>Seeing this shit makes me glad Toei is staying far away from him in Super,
why? he looks fine in Super
>>
>>161513287
>than usual
That bar's been set pretty low.
>>
File: imperfectcellpowersupf6ojv.png (1MB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
imperfectcellpowersupf6ojv.png
1MB, 1364x768px
>>161513287
It's true. It's a shame because that scene where he shows up in imperfect form with all those civilians souls swirling around him and ends up kicking Piccolo's ass is one of my favorite villain scenes in DB. But from there on out he just kind of relied on everyone else fucking up to get stronger, not using his powers to get shit done.
>>
>>161513330
>Immediately contradicts himself berating the original portrayal of Vegeta in favor of his shitty dub
The difference is that Cell is a monster with no backstory with no other real purpose except to fight strong dudes. Vegeta should have more than that, seeing as he's supposed to be a fucking Saiyan prince. So act princely goddammit.
>>
>>161494439
Cell would honestly be the most broken member of the entire Universe 7 team if he was revived. He can steal pretty much any other persons abilities by just drinking them and if he finds out about Super Saiyan God form he can just replicate Cell Jrs and instantly turn God form. Not to mention how fucking impossible he is to kill, and thanks to his Saiyan cells he can become stronger every-time he regenerates.

Cell is literally min-maxed to be the strongest thing in the universe.
>>
>>161513247
He never saw Goku's super sayian form in the manga that was anime filler.
It's why he got so butt hurt at Trunks, it was the first time he saw the super sayian form and it wasn't him who got it.
>>
>>161513174
>So why does he end up crying when he's at Freeza's mercy?
Probably because he's pissed off that Freeza is still stronger than him?
Vegeta is proud of himself and his race but revenge was never his motivation for defeating Freeza as that goes completely against his character. He's an egomaniac who wants to be the strongest and whatnot.
>>
>>161513361
Nothing looks good in Super
>>
>>161513392
So you're saying he'll be the final boss of Super?
And this video pretty much encapsulates all the bullshit you just said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9AsEudcj4
>>
>>161498357
>>161498411
>>161493698
>>161493775
I loved Imperfect Cell cause he was like a horror movie villain, real creepy when he first showed up, though his little kitten teeth and flapping muppet mouth kind of ruined it, he was a unique experience.
>>
>>161513374
Each of his forms were designed to imitate whoever was chasing him. That was part of how he played each situation.
>imperfect was resourceful and careful like Piccolo
>semi was arrogant like Vegeta
>perfect was a fighting autist like Goku

>>161513361
His screentime in that scene couldn't have been more than 60 seconds, and most of that was probably him not even moving. I can't remember because I got bored before they even got to the fear challenge part, it took me a while to even remember what episode that was. No way can Toei handle him for an entire arc.
>>
>>161513414
>He's an egomaniac who wants to be the strongest and whatnot.
Then I'm glad his character developed, because that wouldn't last very long.
>>
>>161513392
>He can steal pretty much any other persons abilities by just drinking them
He can't thought. He just gets a power boost from drinking most people. Only 17 and 18 give him specific powers/forms. He might not even gain power proportional to the people he eats normnally, just a set amount of power per person eaten.
Still if he really has both Freeza AND Saiyan DNA, him actually training would probably give him a similar absurd boost in power to golden Freeza.
>>
>>161483615
>Vegeta
>Freeza
>Motivationless
Nah both of them wanted to be immortal
>>
File: succ.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
succ.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>161513475
He was one spooky mofo.
>>
>>161513511
I'm telling ya man: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Golden Cell. Just fucking nuke the powerlevels already.
>>
>>161489996
Androids were shit from the beginning.
>>
File: 496px-Cell_kuririn_2.jpg (42KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
496px-Cell_kuririn_2.jpg
42KB, 496x372px
>>161513511
>He can't though
>>
>>161513543
It's horrifying until his tiny shriveled hands just kinda disappear. But I guess Cell couldn't be leaving hundreds of thousands of meat rugs lying all over the place because the censors or something.
>>
>>161513414
It's completely selfish revenge though. He is a prince. He sees the Saiyan race as 'his'. Freeza took something of his and destroyed it. I don't think it goes against his character to want revenge for that.
>>
>>161491519
18 was shit
The only good android is 8 from DB
>>
>>161513570
What can the Cell Jrs. do again? It's been ages since I've seen that part of DBZ

>>161513562
18 was waifu and I liked 16. 17 was kinda cool I guess. I liked him more as a kid for some reason.
>>
>>161513570
A video game confused his power set for buu's, so what?
>>
>>161512057
Cell is fucking lame
Dude is uncharismatic and boring as fuck
>>
>>161513607
>>161513617
Both wrong. The original Budokai had a few what-if mini story modes where you could play as the villain with a twist. Another one was Vegeta going ssj on Earth, not as well done though. Good memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7TEaL4uTQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djHnC4RgoAE
>>
>>161494439
>Krillin actually saying "what's wrong with you"
Fuck this hypocrite baldie manlet.
>>
>>161494439
Goku giving Cell a bean is the most braindead moment in the entire series and I keep trying to forget about it.
>>
>>161513511
Cell is just a collection of genetic material. I imagine if he sucks up cells of another being and integrates them into himself he is granted their abilities, just like how his body retained Perfect Form even after he lost 18.
>>
>>161513740
He's just butthurt Cell was inside 18 before he was
>>
>>161513819
There's an insane theory I heard that he actually wanted Gohan to get the shit kicked out of him so he could get angry enough and go SSJ2

Personally, I just think Goku is a retard
>>
>>161507368
Ginyu Squad/Dodoria/Zarbon/Cui >>>>>>>> shitty Cell Jr.s for sure
>>
>>161513740
Hey, theres a big difference between giving a bean to a psychotic mass murdering super killer bio android that gets stronger when he heals and not killing a super cutie who wants to take a hike up bald mountain
>>
>>161494439
This is the true end we wanted but didn't deserve.
>>
>>161513841
Would have been clever anon, but it was the other way around.
>>
>>161513740
Krillin's decision ended up working in his favor long term.
Goku just made everything worse.
>>
>>161512955
He didn't work shit
He had all of this shit handed to him in a platter
>>
>>161513951
After getting his shit kicked in like a dozen times. All of his power ups usually came right after one of the Z fighters beat the fuck out of him and pushed him to desperation. It's not Cell's fault the heroes are fucking brain dead and didn't finish the fight when they could.
>>
>>161513391
He's the prince of a savage alien warrior race
The saiyans were established as savages by King Kai from the beginning
>>
>>161513951
I think he had to work at his civilian absorptions in Imperfect form. He used his lack of trackable ki to his advantage and powered up bit by bit instead of looking for one big catch. But yeah, absorbing the actual androids was just the result of him getting lucky and other characters suddenly being retarded.
>>
>>161514013
It's not his 'fault' but it makes it feel like they already defeated him, many times over, and he is just being kept around as a villain to pad things out.
>>
>>161514043
And that's not very interesting. Especially when you have one of them as the deuteragonist of the series. Vegeta needed to change post-Namek or risk becoming obsolete/stale.
>>
>>161513497
It wasn't supposed to because Vegeta was meant to be dead. He was only brought back because he was extremely popular.

>>161513589
It's not revenge. His reasons for wanting to kill Freeza were not for revenge.
It goes completely against Vegeta's personality who doesn't give a shit about such foolish things.

This is the dude who didn't hesitate to kill Nappa in an instant for failing him for fuck sake. He didn't care that much for his race as much as he cared about himself/his ego.
>>
>>161513907
That makes it even worse. Cell took both of their first times

>>161513880
>Cui
Come on, anon. Nobody even knows who that is.
>>
>>161513902
Probably would have been if Goku didn't die. Then again his ghost helped Gohan nuke Cell or something so I guess he wasn't too keen on mercy. Learned his lesson from Freeza.
>>
>>161513607
18 was shit. Bitch ruined Krillin forever.
>>
>>161501948
Not that guy, but I do think Dio is a shitty villain. Kars was better, as were most the other parts' villains.
>>
>>161514162
>It wasn't supposed to because Vegeta was meant to be dead
Oh, well that makes sense. Can't say it was a bad decision though.
>>
>>161514224
Krillin was ruined regardless at that point. At least they gave him something to 'do'.

>>161514238
>Pucci idolizes the fuck out of Dio
>Ironically is a much more interesting character than Dio
>>
>>161514224
With her bomb ass android pussy yeah

>>161514238
>Kars was better
Wrong villain whose name begins with a K. Kars was just a shittier Dio. Better henchmen though.
>>
>>161514292
>At least they gave him something to 'do'
Or someone

>>161514292
I never liked Pucci because he seemed like Dio's second banana and was just carrying out a plan Dio suddenly had which contradicts how he behaved all throughout part 3.
>>
>>161513884
Goku healed him a bit with a Senzu Bean
Krillin literally made him stronger because he was desperate for Robot Pussy

There's a big difference all right

>>161513947
Fuck Krillin and fuck you. What a spineless piece of shit he became.

Krillin might have not been the strongest guy there is before but at least he still had his dignity before this fucking shit.

Sacrificing the world for robot pussy...who beat his friends half-to-death and was searching for his best friend to kill him is unforgivable. Krillin was ruined forever after that...and if that wasn't enough than him suddenly having hair in the Buu saga permanently cemented that fact.
>>
>>161514182
Vegeta battle with Cui was far more hype than Gohan vs Cell Jr's at least.

It gave us that hilarious moment when he tried to trick Vegeta by telling him that Freeza is behind him and immediately spamming non-stop ki blasts at him.

Ahhh...Dragon Ball before everyone could sense everyone's Ki...good times.
>>
>>161514339
Generals have always been and always will be a cancer. You don't need a 24/7 thread.
>>
>>161514388
Anon if you're seriously feeling nostalgic for Cui I have to suggest you get professional help
>>
>>161514346
Listen man, you'd do it too. Especially if you looked like Krillin
>>
>>161514152
Vegeta needed to just stay dead after Namek.
It's stupid that Vegeta with all that time in Planet Earth instead of murdering everyone and searching for the dragon balls to become immortal while Goku is away he instead decides to hook up with Bulma instead and live the domesticated life.
>>
>>161514418
All of Namek saga was entertaining
Like I mentioned...Vegeta vs Cui...now that's a good example of a humorous battle done right...something Dragon Ball Super doesn't get.
>>
>>161514510
getting his tail cut off neutered him
>>
>>161514444
I don't give a shit. I fucking can't stand Krillin after that.
He used to be one of my favorite characters from the beginning of the series and then AT decided to ruin him like that

Fuck sake even Toei treated him better in Garlic Jr saga. Too bad they couldn't have him get with Maron(who was an infinitely superior girl to 18) because of canon.
>>
>>161514292
Bullshit
Krillin was useful as fuck in Namek saga
Far better than the useless trash he was in Cell saga you fucking 18fags.

>>161514300
>Muh pussy
Fuck off. Stick to hentai loser.
Pussy isn't everything, definitely not in a shonen action manga.

Saiyan/Freeza saga Krillin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wimp beta Cell/Android saga Krillin
>>
>>161514585
Nope, considering he was ruthless as shit in Namek.
>>
I think the main issue with coming up with a reason for Cell it come back, is the only people who would actually have interest in seeing that happen would probably rather just create a new bio-experiment. See Super 17.
Cell wasn't a figure of power that people rallied behind like Freeza or an immortal universal constant like Buu. He was an isolated incident that happened to be incredibly powerful. But in the end, he had no one to look up to him and had no long term legacy to be remembered by.
>>
>>161514586
>>161514653
I think this anon's just mad he doesn't have a hot robo waifu
>>
>>161514702
That's why it'd be perfect to throw him in Super. Because nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>161514702
Well of course. He was only active in earth for what, two weeks?
>>
>>161514710
Honestly. After getting shit on by life so many times, the moment Krillan had anyone actually be interested in him and calling him cute and KISS him ( oh and by the way, they didn't kill of his friends so that a point in his favor compare to timeline 1 krillian or just...died.)

His life was a hard lot without love or wealth and he knew it was his one chance at a happy life.

He took it and won.
>>
>>161514710
Robo waifu's are shit. Why the fuck would I want to fuck a bunch of metal parts?

I could literally wish myself a way hotter bitch with the dragon balls. I remember the days when Bulma was looking for the dragon balls to wish for a hot guy...those were the days.

God the series' imagination has completely died since then.
>>
>>161514890
The only reason you excuse this shit is because you're a fucking kissless virgin loser.

"Nah fuck Goku my best friend who avenged me twice and my friends who've always backed me, I choose le robotpussy xD"
God what an unlikeable cunt, worst character in the series.
>>
>>161514940
>Why the fuck would I want to fuck a bunch of metal parts?
Because 18 has a fully functional baby maker because Gero was a pervert?
>>
>>161514940
>I remember the days when Bulma was looking for the dragon balls to wish for a hot guy...those were the days
That sounds incredibly stupid
>>
>>161509563
/thread
>>
>>161467929
Toriyama came up with him at the last second to please his editor, then everytime something related to Cell happened it was again to please the editor.
>>
File: fwoosh.png (333KB, 277x412px) Image search: [Google]
fwoosh.png
333KB, 277x412px
You know what I hate about Cell?

We went from a space fairing epic adventure against a galactic empire, to just fucking around on earth until a retarded cicada man shows up and then just far around with the same handful of jerks or train. For a lot of episodes.

This isn't just anticlimactic, it's reverse climactic. Imagine in star wars if instead of deciding to face off against the Emperor Luke just fucked around and fought Jaba the Hutt for the whole movie. Yeah the part on the speeder may have been fun but it's retarded.

The worst part is Toriyama had villains to work with. King Cold was right fucking there. Had the entire backing of a galactic armada on his beck and call. But nope let's just kill him as a joke to make Trunk's look cool while we fight so retarded cyborgs made by an earthling scientist who are somehow stronger than goddamn Freezer.
>>
>>161467929
goku's dna makes him enjoy battle and testing his strength far more than dominating the universe
>>
>>161502445
Toei made this sexual on purpose. They knew exactly what they were doing. Unless... what was it like in the manga?
>>
>>161513361
As much as I'd love to see Cell again, he's probably been reincarned by now. Goku would've probably mentioned him otherwise.
>>
>>161513361
You know toriyama originally wanted to use cell for the tournament of power, but toei was like no way too many spots. Or so I'd wager lol
>>
>>161467929
Why do DB characters have the exact same smile, and why is that smile always on someone's face 50% of the time ?
>>
>>161517596
I think he chose Freeza simply because he was much stronger. And since 2 potentially dangerous teammates would be too risky, they just went with Roshi.
>>
File: freekingout.jpg (21KB, 250x266px) Image search: [Google]
freekingout.jpg
21KB, 250x266px
>>161517309
Hello, upset Freezypopfriend.
>>
>>161517543
That scene lasted like 2 panels in the manga. From him using Solar Flare to finishing his absorption of 18 was about a page. His absorption of 17 was longer, several pages IIRC.
>>
>>161467929
He's honestly my favorite Z villain purely because of how fun he is to watch. I always thought Freezypop was incredibly overrated and one-dimensional even when compared to other DBZ characters, and that's saying a lot. Buu was just plain embarrassing.
>>
>>161517731

Hello, retard who can't communicate in posts longer than a few sentences or have actual in depth points or conversations without resorting to retarded stock internet insults like YOU MAD.
>>
>>161518612
Freeza was pretty detailed actually, partially due to having much screentime. Cell is still the best tho.
>>161518700
Am I supposed to type paragraphs in response to angry Freezatards who can't appreciate personal threats? Hah.
>>
>>161517309
And what the fuck is Toriyama going to do with King Cold besides rehash the exact same story he just told?
>>
>>161505109
Fuck, I thought the same.
>>
File: 12a9264bdbe9e8bc2752bf83107aa333.jpg (194KB, 736x1479px) Image search: [Google]
12a9264bdbe9e8bc2752bf83107aa333.jpg
194KB, 736x1479px
>>161512825
That's not Donutsman.
>>
>Cell takes like, a full minute to drink one man
>Somehow drains an entire city in a few minutes, including drinking people right next to each other
Was he just like savoring that fat dude and inhaled the rest of the city, or were the civilians just completely braindead and didn't notice someone a foot away being drained like a Capri Sun
>>
>>161520687
Probably dragged it out to spook Piccolo.
>>
File: 1501332237739.gif (767KB, 560x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1501332237739.gif
767KB, 560x1289px
>>161519934
Time to glaze the donuts.
>>
>>161467929
Sexual tension.
>>
>>161511253
>>"he's a good kid I'll wish him back with the dragon balls :^)"
That's not what happened. King Yemma reincarnated him after overhearing Goku. And besides, Uub is not Kid Buu; he's just Kid Buu's power in the body of a little Pajeet so Goku can have someone to sate his fight boner on and become his successor.
>>
>>161467929
you can kill it with baygon
>>
>>161517309
nah, the horror/mystery vibe of the first half of the cell arc was way better that any dumb galactic adventure stuff that would've came next
>>
>>161517543
to be fair, Toei drew out several scenes for the sake of episode length

but yeah Toriyama didn't make that scene sexual
>>
File: doorkick.png (947KB, 874x618px) Image search: [Google]
doorkick.png
947KB, 874x618px
Glad to see this thread is attracting fellow Cellfriends.
>>
File: XP.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
XP.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>161513880
Blasphemy.
>>
>>161502445
Zone's was better
>>
>>161467929
His motives were uniteresting.
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.