[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longrunners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 17

File: icon5.png (76KB, 144x245px) Image search: [Google]
icon5.png
76KB, 144x245px
I'm 50+ episodes into Detective Conan and I think I'm beyond saving.

Have you ever tried watching long running shows? Did you ever finish/catch up and how much are you regretting it?
>>
I always regret it a little bit since I should know better and only pick up stuff if it has ended.
>>
longest i've watched was probably FMA and thats only like 60 episodes
>>
>>161467807
Watch it. It's worth it.
>>
>>161467807
My Brother and I marathoned HxH (2011) after it had finished airing. It was a pretty fun time. The fact that we marathoned it made the Chimera Ant arc much more enjoyable.
>>
>>161467807
>ONLY 50+ episodes
>beyond saving
I'm 420 heh in and starting to regret but couldn't turn back.
>>
>>161469503
I'm beyond saving at only 50 eps because I can't turn my back on a show that has Hattori Heiji
>>
>>161467807
Jesus her hair used to be not so pointy. Now it can do more damage than a fucking paper cut. Why the fuck does it jut out like a fucking rhino horn I swear to god this nigga can't wrap up his fucking story and can't do a fucking good job on a hairstyle motherfucking just wait til she trip and it'll be a goddamn murder scene is this why Shinichi likes her these people make me sick
>>
>>161469757
>>
File: 1502081030289.jpg (44KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502081030289.jpg
44KB, 850x480px
>>161467807
It's worth it anon
>>
>>161467807
The sameface character design is terrible
>>
Binging what felt like, and probably was, hundreds of Naruto fillers and shitty Bleach episodes in middle and early high school completely destroyed my resolve to watch long running shows

If something is above 30 it seems like a slog. I'm watching Utena for the first time now and while I'm liking it a lot its daunting to know how many more I have to go through
>>
>>161467807
I have watched every single episode of Pokémon.
>>
File: bootleg sailor moon ash.jpg (53KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
bootleg sailor moon ash.jpg
53KB, 600x1067px
>>161470232
Yeah but do you regret it
>>
>>161470067

Wut
How old is Ran on this episode ?
>>
>>161467807
Conan is only good when you read it from physical copies of the comic book.
>>
>>161470316
I think that's from an OVA, make of that what you will
>>
>>161469708
>Hattori Heiji
That's some seriously shit taste. Wait until 120 something when best girl will btfo everyone
>>
File: 06.jpg (15KB, 214x371px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
15KB, 214x371px
>>161470713
>shit taste
My only other options this early on are Conan or Kogoro, please understand. Shinichi doesn't really count because he's never around and also seven right now.
>>
>>161467807
I started one Piece in 2014 and caught up to the current stuff in 2016. I don't think I have started any new stuff over 26eps since.
>>
>>161467807
I started Conan at the beginning of 2015 and caught up in summer
I don't regret it, most of the episodes were comfy and there were some awesome wild rides
>>
File: img000016.png (1MB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000016.png
1MB, 836x1200px
>>161471285
I like the few instances Shinichi and Heiji appears together, they look like legitimate friends instead of the usual rutine pretending to not know really well each other
>>
>>161470289
Nope. Ash/Satoshi is now one of my favorite anime characters.
>>
File: 03.png (54KB, 171x160px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
54KB, 171x160px
>>161472341
I wonder how much time it would take to watch all the Pokemon content now. Last week I calculated the length of Conan and it came out to over 13 days, and that wasn't counting stuff like OVAs or movies.

Pokemon's been running for about the same amount of time, right? And I know that has a bunch of movies and other content as well.
>>
>>161472607
It started in 1997. The TV show is over 977 episodes right now so over 16 days by itself. I've watched all the movies and OVAs too, or at least all the ones that are available. There's a small handful of animated Pokémon stuff that's neither subbed nor dubbed and not available anywhere online currently.
>>
It's assumed most will jump on anywhere. Relatively few watch every episode much less start from the beginning.
>>
File: GAME WINNING HOME RUN.png (905KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GAME WINNING HOME RUN.png
905KB, 1280x720px
>>161467807
I'm at 830. I watch everything. Episodes, filler (because the formula allows for it), movies, OVAs.

The series evolves a lot from what you'd expect in the first 5 seasons, 50 episodes is nothing.
>>
>>161470316
Absolute cake. She went with Araide
>>
File: 02.jpg (13KB, 168x230px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
13KB, 168x230px
>>161472825
Whoa, that's a lot of content. When did you start watching?
>>
>>161472825
The most recent 10 or so episodes aren't subbed either because SM is so shit it kills subber motivation.
>>
File: 56710183_p5_master1200.jpg (415KB, 667x1200px) Image search: [Google]
56710183_p5_master1200.jpg
415KB, 667x1200px
>>161470713
>best girl
You mean best smelly boy?
>>
>>161472930
A few years ago. I wasn't like, marathoning it all day every day. I took it relatively slow, and when I caught up XY was just starting. Started following it weekly then.

>>161472934
True. I was being liberal when I said "every single episode", as I figured it was close enough. Also, I love SM and I'm eagerly looking forward to more.
>>
File: 08.jpg (28KB, 509x436px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
28KB, 509x436px
>>161473135
What would you say some of the show's strongest qualities and reasons to keep watching are? I don't think I ever followed it weekly, even if I was really into Pokemon a few years ago.
>>
File: monster.jpg (972KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
972KB, 1280x800px
Don't know if it was worth my time in it's entirity but I enjoyed it. This might be one of the shows I could actually watch with someone like my dad because it has enough pathos and no silly moeshit. Though I watched all of prisma Illya just cause' that one forced kissing scene.
>>
I'm currently in the final stretches of finishing Gundam as a whole and I can say it was a mistake undertaking this. There's a lot of good shows in the franchise but there's also a lot of shit. I wish I would have just watched the ones that were good enough to pass the three-episode test instead.
>>
>>161473361
The three ep test is mostly bullshit. If a series can't grab some of your interest in the first episode then you are in for a rough ride. A lot if not most anime invest more money in their pilot episode compared to episode two.
>>
>>161473198
The two strongest series, in my opinion, are XY and SM. Both for very different reasons.

XY is the best that Pokémon has ever been as a battle-oriented action series (DP comes second in this regard). The fights, or at least the most story-important ones, are choreographed better than ever before, and the animation is the best it had been up until that point (I like SM's animation a little more). Unlike any previous series, Satoshi has an actual character arc in XY, though it's a very small one (the writing is still kodomo-level, all in all). The arc takes place between him and his Greninja/Gekkouga, which gets a special power-up form where Satoshi and Gekkouga's hearts sync up to become more powerful. The arc finishes when Satoshi remembers why he even started loving Pokémon in the first place, which allows him to perfect the form. I found this cool as fuck and very engaging. Also had very likable companions and a good rival (Sawyer/Shota). Satoshi and Shota's final battle at the Pokémon League is my favorite in the series. I didn't personally like the other primary rival, Alan, though he has plenty of fans too it seems.

SM is the best that Pokémon has ever been as a lighthearted adventure series (the original series comes second). The animation is really creative, fun, and bouncy, all the characters are funny and high-energy, and the plot and setting allow for lots of plain goofy adventure. There's also some more emotional moments, like Satoshi and Pikachu being alone on an island together and reminiscing about their friendship, or the episode where Mooland/Stoutland died and the loner Nyabby/Litten finally consents to joining Satoshi's team. It's just good wholesome fun.

Ultimately I think the thing that will make or break the Pokémon anime for you is whether or not you like the main character. It seems like many of the people that dislike the anime have a strong dislike for Satoshi. Personally, I love him, and I'd watch him go on any adventure.
>>
>>161473492
That was in-depth and helpful, thanks!

Also I'm sorry if this sounds like heresy, but if I did start watching the Pokemon anime, would it be okay to start from Sun and Moon and/or X and Y? I'm a little bogged down by Conan, so I can't wade through the rest of the canon right now. Satoshi always seemed like a fun protagonist because he's so much of a go-getter, so I'm thinking it may be worth it.
>>
>>161473616
I think the series can be enjoyed fine as standalone watches. There are occasional moments where an old character or pokémon is brought back, and these moments are better having watched what came before. However, these moments aren't very common and are basically just a small cherry on top. They're not necessary to get the important parts of the show.

The only exception is that if you're going to start on XY, it's advisable to watch the very last episode of the previous series, Best Wishes (BM). first. It introduces Pansy/Alexa and sets up the plot of the first episode of XY. Other than that, you should be good to hop in at the start of XY.

SM is almost completely divorced from the previous series so if you are interested in that you can just hop in there.
>>
>>161467807
DC always have Conan/Shinichi confronting murders, is he cursed in a way that every encounter leads to someone dying?
>>
>>161473783
Thank you very much!
>>
>>161469503
If you're regretting after the 2.5 hour special you should probably just drop the show
>>
File: panel.png (139KB, 414x380px) Image search: [Google]
panel.png
139KB, 414x380px
>>161473846
Probably, and it looks like the manga even pokes fun at his murder magnet status.
>>
>>161473361
Should have just stuck with UC
>>
>>161473616
XY is a decent jump-on spot, and /vp/ has a guide for it.
SM is poorly received overall and not a good place to start.
>>
>>161473846
I thought he was the killer?
>>
>>161467807
550 episodes + 20 movies in Precure now, just two more seasons to catch up.

I don't regret anything actually, the scheme of swapping the entire cast of characters/villains/thematic by season keeps things fresh, each season has a proper ending/closure, so you almost never feel that they're extending the story endlessly, each new season is something interesting to look forward to.
>>
>>161475072
How would you rate each installment of it? I remember starting to watch the first one and Smile Precure on separate occasions, but never got far.
>>
>>161473310
>moeshit
Don't use words that crossboarders love to use.
>>
Ranma isn't as long as the ones others have mentioned, but at 165 episodes + ovas + two movies I think it might be the longest I've watched.

The only thing I regret is having tried to marathon through it. I definitely miscalculated the runtime and only realized it at 20 hours into it when I couldn't really understand what was going on anymore.
>>
>>161467807
I marathoned all of Yu-Gi-Oh! a year ago. I recommend no one watches this show.
>>
I usually only watch the chapters relevant to the main story, then I watch the hatori or Kaito ones and drop the tv original episodes most of the time

Am I missing something cool?
>>
>>161473492
SM is kinda fun, even if it doesn't exactly fits the idea of what Pokemon is.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.