[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: LQ2Pr.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LQ2Pr.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
can you explain why nichijou is so good
>>
It's funny. Very comfy. Cute girls. Different buzzword.
>>
>>161466510
it has good animation
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (29KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
29KB, 640x400px
>>161466761
nano is best girl
>>
File: nichijou_friend_voucher.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nichijou_friend_voucher.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
It's an ode to everyday common life but in a not common way. It makes me appreciate life for what it is. A series of miracles
>>
>>161466510

No I can't. It sucks. KyoAni hasn't made a good anime show since 2004.
>>
>>161466510
Stream of consciousness in animated form, cascading like sequential frames of manga
Every cut of every scene doing its own thing, flowing somewhere beautiful
>>
Is the manga near as good?
>>
It made me laugh a lot.
I don't need any other reason to find an anime like Nichijou good.
>>
this is what is called "timing" in comedies actually...
also absurd
>>
>>161467910
I recently picked up the manga. From what I've read, KyoAni did a tight adaptation of the main chapters, but added a lot around the sides. For instance, I haven't seen "Things we think are cool!" in the manga. I enjoy both, and the manga goes farther than what KyoAni animated IIRC, so might as well pick it up.
>>
>>161466510
I enjoy the series and even I know the series isnt good.

needs more laugh tracks
>>
It's good except for
>the punchline is an overreaction
parts
>>
>>161468128
but I'm Kyoshi, grandpa
>>
>>161466510
It isn't.

A lot of the jokes are fucking bad.
>>
>>161466510
It's not.
>>
>forced animation
>>
>>161467910
It's different, since the anime is so very animated and has a good amount of original content, but the main story is the same and the original author was very involved in planning the anime.
It's worth a read on its own merits, but if you get impatient, you can skip straight to Volume 7. There are maybe two chapters that the anime didn't cover of the first six volumes.
>>
>>161468046
Good to hear.
>>
>>161468335
I double checked, and volume 6 is where you should start if you want to cheat.
>>
File: hakase.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
hakase.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
Season 2 when, Sakamoto?
>>
>>161467910
imo the manga not as good, there's something about Nichijou humor that works better in animation+sounds, it feels more effective than just reading through pages, not saying that mangas are incapable of humor or anything, there's a lot of mangas with great visual humor and timing, I think Nichijou simply works better in motion.
>>
>>161468660
Arawi's new manga CITY might get an anime eventually. It's got cameos.
>>
>>161466510

It's comfy as hell. It isn't afraid to straddle the line between SoL and over-the-top comedy. It has a couple of the finest brick jokes ever committed to media.

It has cute grills, demented action sequences, cringe comedy that wouldn't be out of place in Curb your Enthusiasm, and the most well-spoken crow in anime to date.

It's not afraid of its origins. There's a lot of Nichijou that's heavily informed by the Japanese way of life and philosophy, a whole lot more than is normally seen. There's plenty out there that do itadakimasu, tadaima, and indoor slippers. Nichijou is one that really feels like it was trying to portray actual Japanese life.*

I would strongly suspect that anyone who didn't 'get' Nichijou either wants anime to be more westernised or just doesn't have that well-developed a sense of humour.

Apologies to all the /a/nons I've impugned though. Can anyone who dislikes this please give a reason? Noting that 'funny' / 'not funny' is completely subjective, and 'forced animation' is basically a buzzword here.

--

*Other than the robot girls, rocket launchers, talking cat, Zeppelin, OTT violence, and all the rest
>>
>>161469089
I didn't find it very funny because of the couple episodes I watched, most jokes were "Oh look, that thing happened" followed by someone shouting or overreacting to whatever it was.

If not that, the joke was just something random happening for the sake of trying to be funny, for example the gun girl who was basically just "lol she shot a gun" from what I saw.
>>
>>161469245

IMO, If you only watch a couple of episodes it's not likely 'get' it. It does take more than the conventional three eps before you really click with it.

I do see where you're coming from though, and I do agree that on first appearances it does look lolsorandumb, so I'll agree to disagree.

Thanks for the non-hostile response though, these days it seems that disagreements even here descend into aggressive hyperbole pretty much immediately, and I appreciate your not going down that path.
>>
File: 1492212051449.png (94KB, 398x317px) Image search: [Google]
1492212051449.png
94KB, 398x317px
>>161469089
Because for every great joke there's two or three bad ones.

For an example, there's the one part where the girls get bitten by a dog. That's funny and it doesn't drag on for too long.

But then you have shit like the Airship nonsense where the joke is something about Mio's hair accessories or that annoying as fuck Tsundere girl who does nothing but shout and pull out big weapons.
>>
>>161469494
Mio's hair skits were so fucking random and I laughed a lot
Also I know it's you, Dolph
>>
>>161469609
They were random but they weren't funny.

A big issue with Nichijou in my opinion.
>>
>>161469494
>But then you have shit like the Airship nonsense
Post dismissed.
>>
>>161466510
its on its 5th season
>>
>>161469637
Thanks for your constructive feedback.
>>
>>161469494

(Poster you responded to)

I liked the airship nonsense, it's another one of the brick jokes that the series does so well. Just interested, what did you think of the eraser that was shaped like a character (if you saw/remember that bit)?

>>161469637

Come on, there's no need to be so terse. One /a/non's comedy is another's rubbish, but we really don't need to be at each other's throats. While I don't agree with /a/non, they've shown familiarity with the source material and haven't just thrown out a casual dismissal.
>>
>>161469772
I thought it was alright, it made me chuckle.

I didn't mind Helvetica Standard either, because it was so brief and didn't drag on.

That was my main issue with the airship sequences, they felt like they took forever and had almost no relation to the characters I enjoyed.
>>
>>161469941

Thanks, I think I understand your viewpoint a bit better. I'll admit they were completely tangential to the main body of the series though, so you do have a point. Be well, /a/non.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.