[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are space westerns dead and gone forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Plz japan give me a decent space western. Im tired of these otaku centric styled animes.

> Mfw when i know they never sell well in nippon, looking at you trigun
>>
>>161434708
LOTGH soon
>>
>>161435896
>Western
>Gaylactic Heroes
???
>>
There was only like four of them anyway
>>
>>161434708
just stop watching anime.
>>
>>161434708
> they never sell well in nippon
What the fuck are you on about? Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star were all in the top ten of 1998.

>animes
Fuck off.
>>
>>161434708
trigun did badly because they butchered the manga
>>
>>161436561
We need more.
>>
Just watch Space Dandy and pretend everything is fine.
>>
File: 1385453054668.gif (308KB, 497x331px) Image search: [Google]
1385453054668.gif
308KB, 497x331px
>we'll never get anything like Outlaw Star ever again
Why must living be such suffering? Damn you, Japan!
>>
File: trash it.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
trash it.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>161436823
>Space Dandy
>>
>>161436864
If these series were made today you would also consider them trash.
>>
I've never seen a good one. bebop and dandy were severely disappointing.
>>
>>161434708
Congrats on having no understanding of the industry at all.

There are three basic markets for anime. Little kids shows, all-ages/family shows, and hardcore animation otaku shows. The space westerns you praise and the 'otaku-centric styled animes' you reject are both in the last group together.
>>
>>161434708
Soon authors will run out of ideas and make "kid gets teleported into a space western filled with cowgirls" and it will make billions.
>>
>>161436912
Space Dandy doesn't hold a candle to the other shows mentioned in this thread. Neither do some of the other space anime from the '90s.

Dream on.
>>
Japan overdid it with sci-fi anime in the 80s and still hasn't recovered from it. Besides, they also sell like shit. Though Bodacious Space Pirates is one of the few that did well.
>>
>>161436994
Trigun was worse than both, but that doesnn't stop nostalgiafag Adult Swim kiddies from creaming their pants over it.
>>
File: deal with it.jpg (101KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
deal with it.jpg
101KB, 960x540px
>>161437023
That show was alright.

>S2 never
dammit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.