[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido Arc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

So this is finally coming next month. How is Watsuki going to solve the problem of Kenshin not being able to use Hiten Mitsurugi again? Will Hiko appear and give him some sort of special training?

>inb4 people who didn't get the memo about this

It's been announced since last December.
>>
>>161405965
I know this is an unnecessary sequel but color me intrigued and hyped. Watsuki is not Toriyama, he deeply cares for Kenshin and I don't think he's gonna ruin it. He said he toyed with the idea of writing Kenshin again but that he would never do it without a good idea for a new story theme. Will it be as good as prime Kenshin? Maybe not, but it'll be nice to see the world and the characters again and some of them still have a lot of story to tell.
>>
File: RK_Hokkaido.jpg (152KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
RK_Hokkaido.jpg
152KB, 500x730px
>>161405965
At least we know Hiko is definitely going to be in it.
>>
>>161406021
>Soujiro
>Anji
>Enishi

This gonna be good.
>>
>>161405993
Yeah, Wakatsuki seems to respect his own work and they're still making Kenshin shit here and there, so it's not like he needs to do it for the money. Hopefully he really has a good idea he just wanted to share, or some other reason for returning to the character.
At the very least, I don't think we have to worry about expecting something like Reflections being put into the manga. In the worst case this will just feel like an anime filler arc rather than something that'll destroy the themes of the original.
>>
>>161405965
Isnt Rurouni Kenshin a dead meme already? Like literally
>>
>>161405965
>How is Watsuki going to solve the problem of Kenshin not being able to use Hiten Mitsurugi again?
Retconning the shit out of it.
>>
>>161406583
This. He already borrowed the sakabato from Yahiko and downed a few thugs with it in the prologue
>>
>>161406754
Using a basic technique like Ryu Shou Sen is not the same as using high tier shit like Kuzu Ryuu Sen and Amakakeru. Kaoru said that Hiten Mitsurugi was MOSTLY unusable, not completely. What's the little part that is still usable? Logically those low tier techniques.
>>
File: Watsuki_interview.jpg (254KB, 1360x827px) Image search: [Google]
Watsuki_interview.jpg
254KB, 1360x827px
>>161405993
>>161406438
Doing the Hokkaido arc was always a potential idea in the back of his mind. He just didn't have a strong enough theme since the main one (finding the answer to atone for his sins) had already ended. Without a new theme, he couldn't keep doing the series.

Hopefully that means he finally found the story he was looking for. Watsuki is not a hack, he deeply cares for story and characterization and I trust this will be handled well.
>>
>>161406522
Flavor of the week series are dead memes. Kenshin is a classic.
>>
>>161405965
I forgot about this, is it going to be monthly or weekly?
>>
>>161407453
It's going to be on Jump SQ so it's going to be monthly.
>>
>>161405965
>How is Watsuki going to solve the problem of Kenshin not being able to use Hiten Mitsurugi again?
Samurai AIDS
>>
>>161407310
>Watsuki is not a hack
nerves of insanity says otherwise
>>
>>161407536
It's a fucking shounen. But it's a well written one.
>>
>>161407536
Is it really that far-fetched when he had a guy spontaneously combust for not being able to sweat?
>>
>>161407622
And people who move so fast that they dissapear from the human eye.
>>
>>161407622
They were both a little stupid
>>
>>161407310
Besides he is back to working with Sasaki, his editor back when he was doing RK. Watsuki always said that RK wouldn't have been possible without Sasaki Embalming failed hard because of the shitty editor he had.
>>
>>161405993
But he already wrote Kenshin again by redoing the Kyoto Arc.
>>
>>161406522
It just got three hit live-action movies that are probably the best live-action adaptations of a manga since... forever.
>>
File: 38541735_p0.jpg (1MB, 945x1346px) Image search: [Google]
38541735_p0.jpg
1MB, 945x1346px
>>161406021
Can't wait to see my OTP again.
>>
>>161409040
A sequel, I mean.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.