[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being faithful that necessary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: shinji.png (358KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
358KB, 600x736px
A lot of purist always say that being faithful is important for an adaptation, but is it really. I know there are countless of examples of changes made in adaption that made it worse, but also where changes are actually better. One example is when Krillen was about to kill Vegeta, but Goku stops him. Now this where the differences are seen. In the manga and kai , Goku stops him to one day have another fight. While in the Z dub, Goku wanted to give him mercy so that one day he would as well. I just found the Z dub version more endearing and the most sense really. In the original manga, Krillen basically let a man who was about to kill him, his friends, and the Earth just so Goku can have another fight. And remember that Vegeta almost killed Goku himself, so confidence in Goku is not really a good reason. I just find the original intent to be retarded, while the change makes more sense. Does /a/ have instances of these as well, and do you agree that faithfulness is necessary?
>>
>Is being faithful that necessary?
Is this a /pol/ thread?
>>
>>161350007
No.

All that matters is that the work captures the tone of the original. Who wants to see the same shit again?
>>
>>161352432
THIS
>>
>>161350007
Its called an adaptation for a reason. It has to "adapt" to a new medium and sometimes changes are necessary.
>>
>>161352662
Well that's part is obvious, an adaptation can't copy every single thing it was adapting, but what I'm talking about is story changes. Like instead of the this character dying, he's becomes evil. Or a character personality is changed completely. Either one of these is what people strongly against, but if the change can actually help the story or make it better, then I think it's more then welcomed.
>>
An adaptation should be based on wether it's good or not.
Being faithful or not doesn't equate to it being good.
Of course you can discuss if a diversion from the source was good or not and how the scene worked differently in the two versions.

Sometimes people are too invested in their shitty manga/vn/ln to realize that they've been eating shit all along.
They just everything on the adaptation because then they can't be criticized for liking the source material.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.