[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the ending of Spirited Away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

On the left we see Chihiro and her family entering the portal to the spirit world. On the right we see them exiting at the end of the film.
How come these shots are the same (aside from the different backgrounds and shot order)? Surely this isn't because of budgetary/time constraints, right? That seems silly for a Ghibli film.

In my understanding, Spirited Away is about the growth of Chihiro and how she overcomes her former timid self. It seems contradictory for her to still be clinging to her mother with a sour expression on her face. Even still, they went out of their way to have these scenes be nearly identical.
What's the reason for this? What am I missing here?
>>
>>161342543
Miyazaki is a hack.
>>
File: miyazaki.png (603KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.png
603KB, 800x500px
>>161342742
Oh, right, of course.
>>
The ending with the dragon was so random and stupid. Did they really think a total non-sequitur deus ex machina like that was a clever ending? It was a weird end to an otherwise pretty good film. My interpretation of Spirited Away is that it's Alice in Wonderland but in Japan.
>>
>>161343251
You mean the fact that Kohaku was a river god, and fell in love with Chihiro after saving her when she fell in his river? I don't know, I guess they just really wanted some kind of love story.
A bit random, sure, but what does that ending really do as far as deus ex machine goes? The fact that he flew her back across the water? Or the fact that it's why he'd been helping her all along?
>>
>>161342543
The scene where she's falling while holding hands with Haku is god-tier.
>>
This film is full of lovely views, don't you think?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.