[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>filler is always ba-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1487546902426.jpg (31KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487546902426.jpg
31KB, 200x300px
>filler is always ba-
>>
>shows for little girls are always ba-
>>
File: 6453.png (3MB, 1425x1078px) Image search: [Google]
6453.png
3MB, 1425x1078px
>>
Did they make Meilin canon in the new manga or no?
>>
>>161304277
Nope.
>>
>>161301883
I really enjoyed the filler about the Onii-chan.
>>
File: 1492112907463.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492112907463.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Daily reminder that Sakura is a baka.
>>
File: 1500765404244.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500765404244.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Why are people so against filler anyway? Obviously I understand when it's bad but sometimes it can be really enjoyable, yet even while admitting that, people still hate on it just because it's filler. I don't get it.
>>
>>161307110
Filler episodes have a huge stigma thanks to battle shounens, that went to drag on with boring, pointless episodes forever.
>Kukuri
Older shows like Mahoujin Guru Guru can be an example of good fillers, it took a dfferent direction from the manga after reaching it, but it was still fun to watch. But then we have stuff like Fushigi no Umi no Nadia, where the fillers were terrible.

But it's always better for the adaptation to stick to the original faithfully and it's way worse to cut and rush content from the original.
>>
>>161307505
>But then we have stuff like Fushigi no Umi no Nadia
Although in that case, there's no source material so it's not filler in the typical sense, but I suppose the definition could be extended to plot lines that don't serve the main narrative. Although that would make things tricky for a lot of shows.
>>
>>161307110
I'd say it's mostly due to filler in the late 80s and especially from the 90s. It was around that time that we saw efforts to stick close to the source material, which meant that the anime original material often needed to be pointless, and could just be ignored afterwards.

Before that, "filler" often was completely integrated into the material itself for animated adaptations. You can even see that transition in Dragonball itself. DB often had filler that outright changed manga scenes and came up later as recurring elements, while DBZ's filler always stepped aside to avoid changing the manga plot, and could just be outright ignored if it clashed with a future adaptation of a manga scene.
>>
File: umaru.jpg (100KB, 660x718px) Image search: [Google]
umaru.jpg
100KB, 660x718px
>>161307003
That sucks. Didn't Clamp put her in a guidebook or something? Gave me hope that they would make her canon.
>>
>>161301883
Filler is not inherently bad, it can be just as good as any other episodes as long as the writing is on par
>>
>>161307110
In the case of OG Naruto it was because it took almost 2 years for filler hell to end.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.