[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/ Good Taste Filter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: patrician filter.jpg (294KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
patrician filter.jpg
294KB, 851x1200px
So we are all very familiar with casual filter anime and manga that allow us to know who functions at a lowest common denominator of baseline taste. With the proliferation of anime and to a far lesser extent, manga, these have deteriorated as filters and are no longer very useful for finding people with enough taste and sense to discuss /a/ topics with.

This is truer every day on /a/, where you can expect to easily find people watching the current anime season (nothing inherently wrong with this but often demonstrates sheep-like tendencies and lack of taste), or people who have only just graduated from baby's first anime and assume that their love of Mushishi, Oreimo or Fate makes them well-read or watched.

With the proviso that I have nothing personally against these people, I suggest that it trying to discuss other types of anime or manga can lead to conversational dead ends with these folks. Therefore, I find it prudent to establish a shorthand for knowing who's up on the more patrician tastes behind the curtain.

What are patrician filters, my friends? I find that while not every historical manga is good, the many that are, are largely ignored. Pictured here is Ad Astra - Scipio to Hannibal, an excellent historical manga. You will be hard pressed to find regular threads about people following Cesare or Historie's scanlations.

What are some other filters that you know of?
>>
>So we are all very familiar with casual filter
No. It's a relatively recent idea that I suspect was imported from another board, and while I theoretically understand what you mean by it, I refuse to make myself familiar with the concept. It's stupid and unhelpful.
>>
>>161221984
Relatively recent, you mean? The concept has been around for years and it is fairly useful for time management when it comes to quality discussion. The idea that it's some sort of crossboarder import is fairly silly, anon.
>>
>>161222017
>The concept has been around for years
No, it has not. But I wouldn't expect a newfag to know such things.
By the way, /a/ has always been primarily about currently airing shows. If anything, that focus has been lost in recent years. Lurk more.
>>
>>161221950
> You will be hard pressed to find regular threads about people following Cesare or Historie's scanlations
These are pretty bad examples. Hox makes a thread for every Historie chapter, and there hasn't been a new chapter of Cesare scanlated in almost two years.
>>
>>161221950
>casual filter
Kill yourself, /v/ermin
>>
>>161221950
tldr
>>
Mahouka
>>
If we're talking about filters, there is absolute one shining example that stands above the rest.
If you've seen this obscure masterpiece you know you've made it. The themes, the artistic direction, the borderline experimental storytelling and surreal landscapes.
It really separates those in the know, from those who are better off ignored.
I'm talking of Boku no Pico of course.

I don't mean to be rude OP, but I don't think we can have a deeper discussion of filters without first addressing this titan of a series.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.