[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I even call myself a fan of Japanese animation if I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1493388804792.png (46KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493388804792.png
46KB, 1200x1000px
Can I even call myself a fan of Japanese animation if I've never seen past season 1 of Monogatari?
>>
Yes, Bakemonogatari is the only important one. Maybe watch Kizumonogatari too.
>>
>>161193123
It's actually okay to jump between entries in this series? I thought I'd be lost.

I actually did try to watch the second season but had to stop because the thought of having a girlfriend who would lock me up for my own protection was giving me an unhealthy fetish.
>>
No you have to watch NGE and LoGH in order to be called a fan of anime.. is what your average user of /a/ would say.
>>
>>161193091
why would you watch past season 1 of that pedoshit
awful characters, awful dialogue, weird french directing
>>
I only watched Bake too. I didn't like it much to watch the rest.
>>
>>161193165
Kizu anime took forever to come out, but it was originally written right after Bake, so you can definitely watch it. It's the prequel/origin story and probably the best part of the series
>>
File: 1501196142148.jpg (63KB, 645x624px) Image search: [Google]
1501196142148.jpg
63KB, 645x624px
Monogatari is an overrated shit
To call yourself an anime fan you must watch evangelion
>>
>>161193255
Eva is normie shit
>>
>>161194644
>normie
Hello crossboarder.
>>
>>161194652
I see people on /a/ use that over normalfag all the time, I was just trying to stay hip with the kids...
>>
Watching it and then dropping it for being too popular so you can display your superior taste on /a/ is the only thing they're good for.
>>
You may only call yourself a honorable follower of Japanimation if you have watched my favorite anime.
>>
>>161195006
I've watched Fooly Cooly
>>
>>161193091
yeah, I lost interest halfway through
still fap to kanbaru though, so at least there's that
>>
>>161193091
As the only person on this board whose opinion matters I'll let it slide.
>>
>>161195475
Thank you Takkun.
>>
>>161193091
watch bake and nise and if you liked these watch S2 and maybe neko in between and consider it finished. the rest is garbage
>>
monogatari is a stain on the medium.
>>
>>161193091
Yes.
>>
>>161193091
More like homogatari
>>
>>161193091
You pretty much can't call yourself reddit this way.
>>
>>161196169
Homogaytari*
>>
>>161196241
homogaytafaggot
>>
>>161193091
Watch Bake and Kizu, then one of those four-episode special to realize how shit it is without Oishi directing and never watch more.
>>
>>161193091
Watch Gundam, Akira, Eva, and Haruhi, then start watching adaptations of popular manga, i.e. some Tezuka, Nagai, Takahashi, Toriyama, Urasawa, etc. All the while, also watch their contemporaries. From there follow studios, source creators, directors, writers, etc. of your preference. Once you come to appreciate and understand the history of the medium and your own developed taste, can you then truly call yourself a fan of anime.
>>
>>161193091
Kizumonogatari is the only good part of the anime adaptations. If you forget about skipping half of the book, anime adaptations aren't even trying to portray proper emotion and transfer a particular scene's tone properly from the book. The anime series is just some childish illustration to some scenes from the book. That's what it is, a slideshow, an illustration. Voice acting was okayish, but still. I was shocked when I watched Kizu with its god-tier facial animation. Sure, it got shit cut, but at least Oishi tried to bring some life to it. Novels are good, however, although some of them are unnecessary and retarded. I'm hyped for the Monster Season though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.