[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so i finally watched this. What the fuck happened after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (198KB, 482x362px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
198KB, 482x362px
Okay so i finally watched this.
What the fuck happened after episode 20?
No seriously what was that ending?
Did they lose their budget?
Did they decide fuck it, let's fuck shit up?
I'm honestly lost.

It became pretentious as fuck. I get what they were trying to do, but it was so poorly executed. It felt like they just tried to shove in everything they could to make it artsy in the last two episodes.
>>
File: trueend.jpg (37KB, 400x515px) Image search: [Google]
trueend.jpg
37KB, 400x515px
You just got the
>BAD END

You might want to chase after one girl, or all the girls (as usual) but in this case you'll want to chase after no girls. Then you'll get

>True End
>>
This has been discussed to DEATH just fucking google it?
>>
>>161126403
I'll take the burden anons
The last episodes were the human instrumentality acting out. Basically everyone became one mind and they were able to discuss with each other how they viewed each other. Everything was laid out but Anno focused on how much shinji hated himself and he thought the others felt the same, but he finds out there is a Shinji that exists in his mind and there is Shinji that exists other people's mind. So he comes to terms with that no one really thinks of shinji as bad as he thinks and then goes "huuurrrr People Like Meh!"
Watch the Movie of the ending >>161127014
here and you'll see what the human instrumentality looks like.
>>
>>161127477
in the end it was pretentious dribble of the mind and garbage like that, and all the angels and shit was just a side show even though it is more interesting, but only to be used to make the plot more complicated for the sake of making things complicated.
>>
>>161126403
>>161127528
I thought it was perfect, faggots. And the only thing pretentious about it was it's unorthodox presentation. Otherwise it sensibly spells everything out for you.
>>
>>161127911
nope you lose.
>>
Yeah, they were running way over budget and had to make the last couple episodes as cheap as possible.
>>
They ran out of time due to having to rewrite an episode since some japs got gassed in a subway among other things.
>>
>Be Hideaki Anno
>Depressive fuck
>Somehow get in charge of making anime
>make Evangalion
>Add christian signs and symbolism cause "cool"
>Run out of buget like an autistic fag
>Reuse shots, add stills, have the voice actors say whatever the fuck they want
>Call it "deep"
>anime of the century
autistic pretentious fags keep discussing it and calling it a "masterpiece"
>>
>>161128385
>Be Tomino Yoshiyuki
>Depressive fuck
>Somehow get in charge of making anime
>make Gundam
>add a war story to what is supposed to be a toy commercial
>run out of budget and get cancelled
>trick investors into paying for a surprisingly successful movie version
>still manage to influence mecha anime for decades to come
Anno is just poor man's Tomino and even he admits it. Tomino influenced him greatly.
>>
>>161127911
Anno and director literally said that they made everything complicated for the sake of being complicated.
>>
>>161128772
>Anno and director
>and
Anno WAS the director.
>>
>>161128823
exactly
>>
>>161126403
>pretentious
When will /a/ stop using this buzzword?
>>
>>161128888
When pretentious garbage stops being made
>>
>>161128888
>buzzword
it's actually pretentious
I like the series but I call it what it is
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.