[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monogatari Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Monogatari_episodes
Is this the longest running series of this kind? Following the story, the source material so closely, while keeping the level of quality (or QUALITY, if you wish)?
How did they do it?

It's amazing to think about how far we've come. 91 episodes, three movies. And it doesn't seem to be coming to an end just yet.

>but it's literally called end story jej anon r u baka
i remember mad nisio announcing the "end" book, then it turned out to be a three part series, then he wrote another book continuing the "end" series and like five more books after that, and more coming up, i just don't know how this fucking hack does it

(monogatari general)
>>
Mad talent
>>
>>161082710
Opening theme quality has definitely worsened over the time though, and this Haneoka guy's music is meh.
>>
>>161082710
It still has a ways to go before it reaches LOGH. Also the attrition has been lowering its sales each year. Basically only doing less than half of peak sales.
>>
monogatari kind of sucks desu
>>
>>161082710
Ridiculous sales of the first seasons made Kodansha/Aniplex write SHAFT a blank check for animating the rest. Back then (at nise or so) I made rough calculations showing that they had afforded 200+ episodes, on disk sales alone, and only the Oricon numbers.
They could easily overtake LOGH, provided Nisio writes and Kamiyan acts.
They could of course have comitted themselves to it and made something as constant and popular as Chibi Maruko-chan.
>>
what anime has adapted the most novels?
>>
>>161084949
Probably this or Slayers desu
>>
>>161084246
it's good imo
>>
>>161083226
>Worsened
They are just as good or better
Decent Black, Orange Mint, Mathemagics and the new Snail opening are all fucking great
>>
>>161082710
Nisio a genius
>>
>>161082710
>I'll take what is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon for 500.
>>
>>161084792
>200 episodes
that sounds fucking crazy, if not 200 then 150 episodes at least.
>as constant and popular
ew
I admire conan, for example, but it's still very bad
weekly monogatari series running for 8+ years, that sounds like something out of a bad dream
it makes me curious though, what would monogatari series be like if it was done not by the 'rich boi' shaft we have now, but by the 'shoestring budget' shaft that shined so brigthly in the past
I still strongly believe that constraints spark creativity, and it's something that they seem to lack now, with >stock music-tier sountrack and >motion design 101-tier openings (character songs are pretty shit too), it's like they barely try - which is precisely what "big anime" aniplex wants
>>
>>161084949
Slayers has 104 TV episodes, 7 OVAs and 4 movies.
Monogarari's at 82 TV episodes, a short series and 3 movies.

Give or take a few, I cannot guarantee that I count correctly.
>>
>>161085257
>new snail opening
>great
if it was like 20 seconds long then maybe?
I'm not against the use of CG/motion graphics in the anime, but the way they do it seems to be like 'just filling out this minute and a half' and 'look guys, there's stuff and it's moving!'. I mean, when there's literally like a dozen key frames drawn for an entire opening sequence (I'm talking about you, decent black, but then again, It's Shaft), that's where you should probably stop and reconsider doing it that way.
>>
>>161082710
I believe it's about to become the longest post-2000 harem.
>>
>>161086504
Isn't Shana currently the biggest? 3x 2 cour seasons + movie and 5 OVS
>>
>>161086870
No, Monogatari's longer than that.

>Shana
77 episodes/movies
>Monogatari
94 episodes/movies
>Da Capo
94 episodes/movies
>Hayate
104 episodes/movies

Of course, Da Capo's got multiple installments with different casts, and Hayate's anime reset, so if we limit it to continuous single stories then Monogatari already wins.
>>
>>161082710
what's amazing is how they don't even air this show on TV half the time, and every single series release from studio shaft will crush 20k in sales.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.