[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started pic related. Do they ever explain why Dio possessing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
I just started pic related. Do they ever explain why Dio possessing Jonathon's body causes Dio and the Joestars to possess stands? Dio didn't have a stand in Phantom Blood.
>>
File: 1454824020187.png (192KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1454824020187.png
192KB, 500x359px
>>161080921
>Do they ever explain why Dio possessing Jonathon's body causes Dio and the Joestars to possess stands?
They had stands, just like a lot of other people in the world. It's just the genetic-psychic connection with JoJo Sr.'s body getting stabbed by the arrow forced the expression of those stands.

It's questionably psychic space magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>161081111
It gets even more fucked in part 5 once you find out the arrows are infused with a space virus responsible for stands.
>>
>>161081198
>infused with a space virus responsible for stands
I thought that whole space virus thing was a mistransliteration for the meteor causing a sickness in those people not spiritually able to possess a stand?

I thought it was just magical metal doing the stand-giving?
>>
Science Fiction > Magic

Fite me.
>>
>>161081422
You're probably right. I honestly couldn't tell what the fuck was going on near the end of 5.
>>
File: midichlorians.jpg (286KB, 869x1301px) Image search: [Google]
midichlorians.jpg
286KB, 869x1301px
>>161081498
I just looked at the new translations.

Nope. I was wrong. Still an alien virus. See file name.
>>
>>161081486
Apples > Oranges
Fite me
>>
>>161080921
If you get cut by the arrow you either die or get a stand.
Dio got his stand via the arrow (Enya gave it to him).
As a result any direct descendant of Jonathon who was alive at the time also got a stand as a result of the psychic backlash from his body / "destined" connection of the Jostars & Dio.
Jolyne didn't get one until later because she wasn't around when Dio got his.

Or something like that, Araki might have forgotten the details.
>>
>>161082512
>Araki might have forgotten the details

That applies pretty often throughout the series.
>>
>>161080921
Jojo has more plotholes than any other popular series I can think of
>>
>>161082701
Name a SINGLE one

I know it's easy, but just tell me the first one that comes to your mind
>>
>>161082944
If stands come from the arrow or DIO Joestar Magic, how the fuck did Avdol and others like him in Part 3 get their stands
>>
Jojo started being way more dumb past Part 2.
Not just the wacky hit, but simply things not making sense logically.
>>
>>161082977
Born with it.

You can get stand via the arrow, or have it from birth.
>>
>>161083053
>past Part 2.
The entirety of Part 2 was a complete asspull almost all the way through.
>>
>>161082977
All the actual JoJo plot holes, and you name something which isn't a plot hole at all? Fucking weak, man.
>>
>>161082944
Why does Polnareff completely forget his armor removal ability after the Hol Horse fight?
>>
File: 1484874665054.gif (126KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1484874665054.gif
126KB, 320x320px
>>161082512
basically
It's also why Josuke got sick as a kid during the whole DIO fiasco, but since Jolyne wasn't even conceived it didn't happen to her
>>
>>161083658
Speaking of sick Josuke. Was the kid who saved them supposed to be time traveling Josuke? Did he just drop that part or was it another power of Killer Queen we just never got to see and that was only implied somehow?
>>
>>161082944
>Once people are dead, they're dead, Josuke
>We're gonna forget about the time I revived my grandpa after all of his blood was sucked out, though.
>>
>>161083843
It was dropped
So as it STANDs it's just a rando high schooler with a lame haircut who saved him and his mom
>>
>>161083053
I'm sorry, did you forget about Joeseph's hand strangling Kars after it got cut off? Or how about the fact that they solved their problems by throwing him into space and saying "fuck it"?
>>
>>161084047
Wasn't he also injured?
>>
I wish we got to see Josuke babysit Jolyne
>>
>>161081486
Science fiction AND magic > science fiction > magic
>>
>>161083053
Remember when Dire's decapitated head somehow managed to spit a Hamon-charged rose into Dio's face?
>>
>>161083969
>We'll also going to forget later when Josuke literally revives Okuyasu and the kid from literally being killed via complete body explosion or partial body mutilation.
Can't save grandpa tho, he just got hit a bit by a water stand. He didn't have anyone to talk to in the spirit world so he couldn't come back like Okuyasu either.
>>
>>161084274
Cosmere soon.
>>
>>161082977
Probably descendants of the first people who got stands from the meteor arrows. If your parents had stands, it's extremely likely you could be born with one too.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.