[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future Boy Conan is on of my favorite anime of all time, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Future Boy Conan is on of my favorite anime of all time, but I generally dislike all the big Miyazaki films. I find them too Disneyesque and a bit boring, to give the brief explanation.

FBC, on the other hand, is kid friendly but has an amazing setting, fully realized characters, and amazing writing with arcs that just keep surprising, despite how fluid yet simple the narrative is and the lack of intellectual depth of it all.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I do generally prefer thought out series that can take the time to evolve over 90 minute movies, and don't really care about "amazing" 21st century animation, etc., over great storytelling.
>>
>>160986783
No, I dislike almost all Miyazakis movies outside of Spirites Away, The Wind Rises and, for its backgrounds alone, Nausicaa. I believe that Future Boy Conan is his best work, but I still dont think it is all that great. Its a really, really good piece of work, but not even that managed to really impress me all that much compared to other shows/movies. Conan is one of Miyazakis very few works that actually has some proper writing. That sure as hell cant be said about most of his movies.
>>
>>160986783
It was very well written and the fact that the episodes were 30 min a piece helped flesh the story out. Also it had a huge budget and had really no quality to speak of. I do very much like laputa and it is one of my favorite movies.
>>
File: 1492385285659.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1492385285659.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>160986783
I always viewed Miyazaki as an amazing animator, basically one of if not the best you can get in the business, but a poor storyteller.
I even found Future Boy Conan a bit boring, though it was more engaging than some of his other works. Porco Rosso is probably the best of his work.

Pom Poko is simply a better movie than any Miyazaki work and KLK and TTGL has a lot of deeper layer to their story teller while being unique and completely kick ass in their own right with glorious animation and story to boot. If I'm in the mood for a good anime there ware simply too many better picks to choose from though rewatching Spirited Away now and then is nice
>>
>>160987542
I feel the same, his storytelling skills are a bit lacking

But he more than makes up for it with beautiful and stellar animation
>>
>>160986783
anyone else watch that shit on spanish tv in the 90s?
CONAN EL NINO DEL FUTURO OY PRESENAMOS EL FIN DEL INDUSTRIA

ABUELLO!
>>
>>160988753
Most of us were smart enough not to be born in a Spanish speaking country.
>>
>>160986783
Great anime, one of my favorites
>>
>>160988794
it was on Univision dumbass. Along with NTV's Treasure Island.
>>
>>160988857
America is a Spanish speaking country.
>>
>find out some madman finally ripped the movie sequel from 1984
>torrent is stuck at 74%
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.