[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok give it me straight, how was Sailor Moon Crystal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1459197958264.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459197958264.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Ok give it me straight, how was Sailor Moon Crystal?
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (63KB, 317x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
63KB, 317x800px
It started bad and only got to meh levels towards the end. I too am disappointed
>>
It lacks the charm and appeal of the original anime. It got better in S3, but that isn't saying much.
>>
>>160941650

I was kind of hyped since 2013, or whenever they first announced it. They then decided to hold it off another year.

Then I realized that it would follow the manga closely, which was written like shit.

Bad animation, bad story, okay soundtrack.

S3 is okay, but it's really just average animation with a few times where it actually looks really good.

Also the director of S3 barely has any experience other than those yaoi anime, Junjou Romantica and Sekaiitchi
>>
>>160941650
I'm halfway through S2 and it's terrible. Just read the manga instead if you want the exact same story.
>>
>>160941650
Season one is outright horrible and is only further dampened by the fact that the first arc is objectively the weakest. Just read the manga, because Crystal is practically a 1:1 adaption with less humor.

Season two doesn't get any better than "that wasn't too bad for a Sailor Moon Crystal episode". Towards the end of its run they tried to inject some humor akin to the original anime but it just stands out and is too ittle too late. The animation in S1 and S2 is insulting.

S3 was done by an inexperienced director but she's a fan of Sailor Moon and it shows. It's a lot easier to watch, the animation is better, they make very smart decisions in adapting the manga and it's legitimately funny at times. It's an okay watch. Things only looked up for Crystal but S4 has been announced to be a two-part movie instead of a new season so we'll see how that goes. At least Chiaki Kon, the director will still be working on it.

If you want more Sailor Moon, I really do recommend the musicals (Eien Densetsu for beginners) and the live-action. They look like shit, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.